Ja'Marr Chase Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Ja'Marr Chase Thread

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:41 am

Patsfan86 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:12 am The dude dropped to 1.04 in my league because they are just obsessed with RBs, and they are too stubborn to admit it was a mistake. I understand RBs have value because they are hard to find but sometimes you just gotta go best available.
This is my policy. Draft best available, trade from your strengths to fix needs.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:37 am

Best start in WR history. Hard to argue against being WR1 in dynasty.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:43 am

Still kinda mad I went N Harris but 300 touches for 5 years is 300 touches for 5 years.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:49 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:43 am Still kinda mad I went N Harris but 300 touches for 5 years is 300 touches for 5 years.
The standard 5 year window for rbs

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:38 am

lic217 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:21 am I love how I got mocked putting him as one of the best wr prospects I have ever seen.
Same, and especially love all the boo birds kept hating in the thread all through preseason. Seems they've finally flown south for winter with the Pitts haters.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:47 pm

As I said generational and greatest prospect since Megatron

Don't know how anyone overthought a guy who outproduced an older NFL superstar at 19 years old

XclickX
Role Player
Role Player

Postby XclickX » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:44 pm

Overall 1.01 in dynasty? If not he’s top 3 ( non SF).

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:16 pm

XclickX wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:44 pm Overall 1.01 in dynasty? If not he’s top 3 ( non SF).
Has to be top 3--but I wouldn't have him 1 yet

To think mediocrities like Waddle and Smith were being argued over him because of preseason drops

This is before the Bengals passing volume has even increased (and it will--their neutral pass frequency started way below last year's and has been starting to climb the last few weeks)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:02 am

Interesting. Chase is seeking a court order against that woman who posts stuff about him.

https://twitter.com/jasrifootball/statu ... 1207875979
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:21 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:02 am Interesting. Chase is seeking a court order against that woman who posts stuff about him.

I am twitter blocked at work. This a real thing or dumb kid stuff?
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:24 am

murphysxm wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:21 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:02 am Interesting. Chase is seeking a court order against that woman who posts stuff about him.

He had a 1 night stand with a woman, and she has been posting ominous stuff about him being a dead beat dad, claiming he abused her, acting like they had a relationship etc. He says she's using pictures of someone else's kid, (she's claiming it's his). She refuses to do a DNA test.

Chase claims she's harassing he and his mother, trying to hurt his career and public image, in the attempt to extort him, basically. He's seeking a court order against this "disturbed" woman. Here's the twitter post in text:

#Bengals star WR Ja'Marr Chase is seeking court-ordered protection from a “disturbed” woman that he says is harassing him and his mother, per
@tmz

Ja'Marr claims the woman started threatening them after he refused to continue their relationship after a single night of romance.

Ja’Marr says that she posts false statements about him being a deadbeat dad and posts photos of another person's child to make it seem like they have a kid. Ja'Marr says she's refused to subject the kid to a DNA test.

She also claims to be a victim of domestic abuse at the hands of Ja’Marr.

Ja'Marr says this is an "ongoing harassment scheme" to harm him and negatively impact his NFL career.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:54 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:24 am

He had a 1 night stand with a woman, and she has been posting ominous stuff about him being a dead beat dad, claiming he abused her, acting like they had a relationship etc. He says she's using pictures of someone else's kid, (she's claiming it's his). She refuses to do a DNA test.

Chase claims she's harassing he and his mother, trying to hurt his career and public image, in the attempt to extort him, basically. He's seeking a court order against this "disturbed" woman. Here's the twitter post in text:

#Bengals star WR Ja'Marr Chase is seeking court-ordered protection from a “disturbed” woman that he says is harassing him and his mother, per
@tmz

Ja'Marr claims the woman started threatening them after he refused to continue their relationship after a single night of romance.

Ja’Marr says that she posts false statements about him being a deadbeat dad and posts photos of another person's child to make it seem like they have a kid. Ja'Marr says she's refused to subject the kid to a DNA test.

Ja'Marr says this is an "ongoing harassment scheme" to harm him and negatively impact his NFL career.
Kind of sounds like he has a point if she won't take a DNA test, but who knows. I also don't care. Personal stuff like this should stay personal
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:32 am

murphysxm wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:54 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:24 am

@tmz

Kind of sounds like he has a point if she won't take a DNA test, but who knows. I also don't care. Personal stuff like this should stay personal
I think the point is, she was damaging his public image, so it wasn't really personal at that point. She was putting stuff out to the public that he says is untrue, and he's sharing this to let the public know it as such, and taking legal recourse. He feels it might affect future income as well, I'd gather, unless he "sets the record straight", so to speak.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:16 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:32 am
murphysxm wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:54 am Kind of sounds like he has a point if she won't take a DNA test, but who knows. I also don't care. Personal stuff like this should stay personal
I think the point is, she was damaging his public image, so it wasn't really personal at that point. She was putting stuff out to the public that he says is untrue, and he's sharing this to let the public know it as such, and taking legal recourse. He feels it might affect future income as well, I'd gather, unless he "sets the record straight", so to speak.
Yep. Probably no Campbell's Soup deals for Chase if public perception is that he's a shady character. Assuming his version of events is correct, no harm in letting everybody know about the shakedown.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku