Unpopular Opinion: You will waste your premium 1st round pick on Kyle Pitts.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Unpopular Opinion: You will waste your premium 1st round pick on Kyle Pitts.

Postby Ice » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:18 am

I really think the "TE in a box group" around here might want plug in some Calvin Johnson college tape. Pitts compares with him 1000 times more than some traditional TE. Pitts' isn't quite Johnson on tape but he is really close as by far the most dominate force when on the field.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Unpopular Opinion: You will waste your premium 1st round pick on Kyle Pitts.

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:29 pm

This article seems to be in the spirit of your posts here, ArrylT!

https://fftoday.com/articles/orth/21_le ... r_tes.html

This just highlights how amazing Kelce has been- and makes me want to find the next Kelce!
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:14 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:18 am I really think the "TE in a box group" around here might want plug in some Calvin Johnson college tape. Pitts compares with him 1000 times more than some traditional TE. Pitts' isn't quite Johnson on tape but he is really close as by far the most dominate force when on the field.
Did Pitts run a 4.35 at 239 lbs or post a 42.5” Vertical with a 139 inch broad jump?

Not to take anything away from Pitts who is a fantastic athlete… but he’s not in the same area code as Calvin Johnson. The comparison makes about as much sense as the people comping CEH to MJD last year

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:01 pm

Sriracha wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:14 pm
Ice wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:18 am I really think the "TE in a box group" around here might want plug in some Calvin Johnson college tape. Pitts compares with him 1000 times more than some traditional TE. Pitts' isn't quite Johnson on tape but he is really close as by far the most dominate force when on the field.
Did Pitts run a 4.35 at 239 lbs or post a 42.5” Vertical with a 139 inch broad jump?

Not to take anything away from Pitts who is a fantastic athlete… but he’s not in the same area code as Calvin Johnson. The comparison makes about as much sense as the people comping CEH to MJD last year
Yeah, the Calvin comp is too ambitious. But he's closer to Calvin than some of the 1st round TEs people reference when warning about rookie TEs. Pitts is more like a bigger Mike Evans who can't jump as high.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:30 pm

Pitts has dynasty startup 1.01 upside in non-SF. He’s an elite WR prospect in your TE slot with by far the most upside of anyone in the class. I also think he’s the safest too considering the replacement value of the WR position. He’s the pretty clear 1.01 to me, it’s unlikely we’ll ever have the chance to draft a prospect like him again considering the TE designation.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:55 pm

PR0v3 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:30 pm Pitts has dynasty startup 1.01 upside in non-SF. He’s an elite WR prospect in your TE slot with by far the most upside of anyone in the class. I also think he’s the safest too considering the replacement value of the WR position. He’s the pretty clear 1.01 to me, it’s unlikely we’ll ever have the chance to draft a prospect like him again considering the TE designation.
I don't agree with this. I personally think he's a really good prospect but we've seen so many TE's that were supposedly the next big thing crash and burn, and while he may be a better prospect than all of them, he's still at a position that is very difficult to project. I really don't think he's safer than Chase, either. I really like Pitts, but 1.01 in startup upside I think is a hot take, not a reality. In no way is he an elite WR prospect in the TE slot. He's an elite TE prospect. He's simply not a guy that would be an elite WR on the outside. That's a disservice to actual elite WR prospects.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:08 pm

ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:01 pm

Yeah, the Calvin comp is too ambitious. But he's closer to Calvin than some of the 1st round TEs people reference when warning about rookie TEs. Pitts is more like a bigger Mike Evans who can't jump as high.
There's a big difference between 4.35 and 4.49 (pro day adjusted). He''s still a super athletic TE, but he's no Megatron.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:46 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:55 pm
PR0v3 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:30 pm Pitts has dynasty startup 1.01 upside in non-SF. He’s an elite WR prospect in your TE slot with by far the most upside of anyone in the class. I also think he’s the safest too considering the replacement value of the WR position. He’s the pretty clear 1.01 to me, it’s unlikely we’ll ever have the chance to draft a prospect like him again considering the TE designation.
I don't agree with this. I personally think he's a really good prospect but we've seen so many TE's that were supposedly the next big thing crash and burn, and while he may be a better prospect than all of them, he's still at a position that is very difficult to project. I really don't think he's safer than Chase, either. I really like Pitts, but 1.01 in startup upside I think is a hot take, not a reality. In no way is he an elite WR prospect in the TE slot. He's an elite TE prospect. He's simply not a guy that would be an elite WR on the outside. That's a disservice to actual elite WR prospects.
What’s there to disagree with in the bolded though? His upside is there. If you’re THE TE and providing a big positional advantage at a ridiculously young age, much like what is being speculated by many to occur (as Kelce, Waller, and potentially even Kittle age), then that is something many could consider. He’s already ascended to TE1 for many. The positional advantage perk can’t be overlooked. I’m not saying that he would be my 1.01, but I’m sure it would be in the discussion for some. RBs have a shorter shelf-life, WRs are plentiful, and TE can be viewed as a differentiator with extended longevity. It is possible given where he is already viewed today, and his insanely young age.

He’s a high-end pass catching prospect, validated by draft capital, with a potentially more valuable positional designation. It all depends if he produces or not, but the variables are there.

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:56 am

Lol i would love to play in your leagues with that logic. Since when is a player who has never played a down in the nfl been the 1.01 in a startup? Never mind Pitts also being a TE 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
The Other Woman Dynasty League - 12 Team PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Herbert, Lance, Stafford
RB: Bijan, Hall, Cook, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Robinson
TE: Waller, Engram
-
You’re in this for Life - 12 Team 0.5 PPR
(QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, TE, 3 Flex)

QB: Fields, Young, Richardson, Smith
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, A. Jones
WR: Metcalf, JSN, Addison, Q. Johnston, Mingo, Rice
TE: Kincaid, Mayer, Gesicki
2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-
Dynasty Addiction - 12 Team PPR /SF (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, SF)
QB: Lawrence, Fields
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Etienne, Walker
WR: AJ Brown, Godwin, Bateman
TE: Kittle

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:00 am

McCafsteez wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:56 am
Lol i would love to play in your leagues with that logic. Since when is a player who has never played a down in the nfl been the 1.01 in a startup? Never mind Pitts also being a TE 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
I took his post to mean that he has 1.01 startup potential as his upside, but that he has him 1.01 in rookie drafts currently (both 1QB). If he did mean he has him currently 1.01 in startup that would overlap with his first point.

Maybe I’m wrong though.

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:34 am

X2! If you have an opening in your league let me know. I would also like to propose we increase the buy in from whatever it is now to a whole lot more

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:51 am

FiremanEd wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:00 am
I took his post to mean that he has 1.01 startup potential as his upside, but that he has him 1.01 in rookie drafts currently (both 1QB). If he did mean he has him currently 1.01 in startup that would overlap with his first point.

Maybe I’m wrong though.
Yes, this.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:07 am

dynastyninja wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:29 am
Ice wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:42 am Think Gronk scored 10 TD's as a rookie if memory serves.

This is dynasty not redraft. One thing to have an opinion today some may think archaic given how teams are using TE's but be sure an own it if he breaks out.

I draft TE's based on where I see their 3rd year production.

Anyone that has tried to buy a Kelce type is brave enough to draft a Pitts in round 1.
Not commenting on Pitts specifically, but the strategy of spending a high first on a player who won't give you substantial production until year 3 is not a good one in my opinion. Dynasty or not.
I'd say spending a first in redraft on a rookie who won't give substantial production until year 3 would be a far worse strategy than doing it in dynasty... :lol: :wink:

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:40 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:08 pm
ColdZealDonkeyStrike wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:01 pm

There's a big difference between 4.35 and 4.49 (pro day adjusted). He''s still a super athletic TE, but he's no Megatron.
Yep, that's generally what I was agreeing with (although the pro day adjustment is just a guess on your/ player profiler's part). Just adding that he's equally or more dissimilar to most other TE prospects that get referenced when people are saying most TEs disappoint for fantasy.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:43 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:55 pm In no way is he an elite WR prospect in the TE slot. He's an elite TE prospect. He's simply not a guy that would be an elite WR on the outside. That's a disservice to actual elite WR prospects.
Why not? He has age adjusted production in the SEC combined with his athleticism that would make him a phenomenal wr prospect.