Unpopular Opinion: You will waste your premium 1st round pick on Kyle Pitts.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Unpopular Opinion: You will waste your premium 1st round pick on Kyle Pitts.

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:01 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:48 pm Let the coach speak begin!!!!

https://twitter.com/CoachspeakIndex/sta ... 9942116520
To the moon baby!!

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Unpopular Opinion: You will waste your premium 1st round pick on Kyle Pitts.

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:01 pm

5th year option has been picked up.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

RheinlandChief
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RheinlandChief » Wed May 01, 2024 4:59 am

someone in my league is interested in Pitts but don't want to pay for him.
I said AT LEAST his 1.09 and 2.09 and I think this would be light. It'S a bad time to sell him but I still have hopes. Especially with new coach.

He just wanted to flip his 1.09 against my 1.11 and give me his 2nd.
No way I'm accepting that.

The hope dies last! :D
16-team Dynasty, 40 Roster, Half-PPR + IDP (QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, W/R, DEF, K, IDP, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB)
QB: Mahomes
RB: Achane, Warren, Spears, McLaughlin, Brown,
WR: DJM, Jeudy, London, Pickens, Downs, Meyers, W. Robinson, Samuel, Tucker
TE: LaPorta, Pitts, Okonkwo, Otton
K: McLaughlin
DEF: Patriots, Bengals
DL: Garrett, Crosby, Hutchinson, Chase Young, J. Bosa, Tuipulotu
LB: Parsons, Bolton, Lloyd, Campbell, Byron Young
DB: Winfield, Pitre, Hufanga, Bland

Picks 2024: 1st, 2x 3rd, 2x 4th, 5th, 6th

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed May 01, 2024 8:33 am

Yeah at this point you have sunk costs, so it's better to hold if you can't get the right offer.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed May 01, 2024 9:38 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:33 am Yeah at this point you have sunk costs, so it's better to hold if you can't get the right offer.
Another way of looking at it is the way you got Puka for a 4th last year and your potential trade partner wants you to accept a 2nd for him because you paid so little. In that situation, you don't accept that offer because you realize Puka's value is not tied to his draft cost, but to his production.

Think of Pitts the same way. Ignore his price as a rookie and value him only at what you think he's actually going to do now. Through three years, he hasn't proven to be Kelce 2.0. If you think he's a homerun going forward, put a high price on him. If you think Pitts is going to be marginally better than the last two years, you should put a lower price on him.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed May 01, 2024 10:12 am

Anteaters wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 9:38 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:33 am Yeah at this point you have sunk costs, so it's better to hold if you can't get the right offer.
Another way of looking at it is the way you got Puka for a 4th last year and your potential trade partner wants you to accept a 2nd for him because you paid so little. In that situation, you don't accept that offer because you realize Puka's value is not tied to his draft cost, but to his production.

Think of Pitts the same way. Ignore his price as a rookie and value him only at what you think he's actually going to do now. Through three years, he hasn't proven to be Kelce 2.0. If you think he's a homerun going forward, put a high price on him. If you think Pitts is going to be marginally better than the last two years, you should put a lower price on him.
True. Things are pointing up in ATL though.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Wed May 01, 2024 10:34 am

I wonder how many Pitts managers are selling at this point. I suspect he's on the team that will start him week 1 in most leagues.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed May 01, 2024 10:44 am

tstafford wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:34 am I wonder how many Pitts managers are selling at this point. I suspect he's on the team that will start him week 1 in most leagues.
Agreed.
But it would be interesting to see what the various asking prices are. I wonder if deals aren't getting done because Pitts' managers are holding out for a ransom.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed May 01, 2024 11:20 am

I'd wait until he blows up and then trade him.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Wed May 01, 2024 11:26 am

Now is not the time to try to buy Pitts... that was middle of last season before everyone knew the coach and OC would be gone and they were going to have a new QB. That was the bottom... it has only been up since then.

I have him in one 2PPR TE league... it would take a mid 1st for me to consider selling him.
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.09, 1.10, 1.11, 2.01, 2.05, 3.01, 3.04
2025: 3 1sts, 1 2nd

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Wed May 01, 2024 2:41 pm

Anteaters wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:44 am
tstafford wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:34 am I wonder how many Pitts managers are selling at this point. I suspect he's on the team that will start him week 1 in most leagues.
Agreed.
But it would be interesting to see what the various asking prices are. I wonder if deals aren't getting done because Pitts' managers are holding out for a ransom.
I have him in one SF league and would sell him for the 1.08 or better. (I don't have Bowers in my top-8 in PPR, non-TEP)

repkllrs
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby repkllrs » Wed May 01, 2024 4:08 pm

12 team must start 2TE 1.75ppr. I just drafted him 2.5 start up.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" Abe Lincoln

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed May 01, 2024 4:29 pm

tstafford wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 2:41 pm
Anteaters wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:44 am
Agreed.
I have him in one SF league and would sell him for the 1.08 or better. (I don't have Bowers in my top-8 in PPR, non-TEP)
I can't believe I'm saying this but Bowers is a 1st round TE I'm buying into.

He'd be the WR3 in a loaded class in terms of career YPRR and has one of the strongest analytical profiles for a WR in this class.

His YAC is absolutely freakish and he did that against stiff competition.

I know some people like Mayers and don't like the Raiders situation but when I'm able to draft the WR4 that checks every box and can be slot into the TE position I believe he demands strong consideration for the top 8 even in non-TEP leagues.

Yes, I view him as a better fantasy prospect than Pitts

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed May 01, 2024 4:35 pm

I think they're holding until his free agency at the absolute worst.

ThirdWW
Captain
Captain

Postby ThirdWW » Wed May 01, 2024 7:30 pm

Bought Pitts halfway through his rookie season, no way I sell him at market value right now. The thought of him going nuclear on another roster, while I sell for someone like Ladd McConkey who has a Tyler Boyd career, is enough for me to walk into traffic.
Team One:
Year 12
12 team, .5 ppr
QB 2RB 3WR TE FLEX K DL LB DB

QB - CJ Stroud
RB - Tank Bigsby, Sean Tucker, Chris Rodriguez, cans
WR - Garrett Wilson, Drake London, JSN, Jahan Dotson, Demario Douglas, Elijah Moore
TE - Kyle Pitts, Cade Otton, Chig Okonkwo

2024 Picks: 1.1, 1.2, 1.9, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.2, 3.7, 4.1
2025 Picks: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4

Team Two:
Year 2
12 team, .5 ppr, SF
QB SF 2RB 3WR TE 2FLEX K

QB - Joe Burrow, Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones
RB - Roschon Johnson, Kendre Miller, streaming
WR - Amon-Ra St. Brown, Chris Olave, Jaylen Waddle, Jordan Addison, Jahan Dotson, Demario Douglas, Elijah Moore, Wan’Dale Robinson
TE - Kyle Pitts, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Chig

2024 Picks: 1.08, 1.12, 4.1, 4.11
2025 Picks 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4