49ers trade for #3 pick

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: 49ers trade for #3 pick

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:49 pm

With Shanahan's history with QBs and being one of the best offensive minds in the league....this is a juicy landing spot for a rookie.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:59 pm

McCafsteez wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:21 am Yes, they are definitely going after Fields or Wilson, in my opinion. I would be incredibly shocked if they take Lance at 3 overall.
Back in 2020 we would have said "yes, they are definitely going after fields or lance, in my opinion. I would be incredibly shocked if they take Wilson at 3 overall."
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:03 pm

abloom wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:59 pm
McCafsteez wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:21 am Yes, they are definitely going after Fields or Wilson, in my opinion. I would be incredibly shocked if they take Lance at 3 overall.
Back in 2020 we would have said "yes, they are definitely going after fields or lance, in my opinion. I would be incredibly shocked if they take Wilson at 3 overall."
This

I think Lance is the "Wow!" pick to casuals that isn't actually that hard to see coming

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:04 pm

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:27 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:46 am I'm sick to my stomach. Trading up has been proven to be almost a guaranteed loss in value.

1-1-1-3 to move up 9 spots? Give up on Garoppolo after you just spent so much to shore up that O-line? I don't like it.

If you can trade Garoppolo for some value and get some cap space back, you can get some nice pieces off of FA for the next couple years I guess... but I still don't like it for the fact that trading up rarely works.

Boooo! BOOOO!

:(
I disagree completely. I like Jimmy G and they should get back a 2nd or 3rd worst case to get to soften the blow. He is also a big cap hit so the time is now to move him. The only way I don't like this is if they ride Jimmy G this year and let him go for free for nothing.

SF wants a franchise QB and this is a strong class. They had the assets now to move and who knows next year but by most accounts it is a weak class.

The question is where are they going to get a franchise QB if not in the draft that is affordable enough to keep the core team together?

Think they like 3 of them for sure or they wouldn't make this deal.

BTW, if the new QB hits the price is chump change to get a 10 year type player. They are taking a risk to win. Fans should like that.

I have them
Lawrence
Wilson
Lance
Fields

3 and 4 are close though IMO. Lance may have a bit more upside but Fields may be a bit more pro ready. All 4 fit SF's scheme in a big way.

On a side note the Pat's should be really happy unless the Bears ruin their plans.
Last edited by Ice on Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:30 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:46 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:43 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:40 pm

Is this a joke?

Wilson is going to the Jets lmao
See above since you elected not to read the post following up to a similar comment. One doesn’t preclude the other
"Guy going number 2 overall after team at 6 tried to move up for him---this totally means the NFL is starting to hate him"
Because you believe the Jets are so far ahead of the rest of the NFL?

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:45 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:30 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:43 pm

See above since you elected not to read the post following up to a similar comment. One doesn’t preclude the other
"Guy going number 2 overall after team at 6 tried to move up for him---this totally means the NFL is starting to hate him"
That's literally not what I said

The Jets seem to be set on him after the Eagles tried to move up from number 6 to 3 to get him

You seem to take that as an indication of the NFL souring on him for some reason

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:51 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:45 pm

The Jets seem to be set on him after the Eagles tried to move up from number 6 to 3 to get him

You seem to take that as an indication of the NFL souring on him for some reason
No, what you’re doing is arrogantly dismissing my opinion based upon what NFL management personal are saying they are feeling about Wilson, and doing it because you know for a fact that the Jets are taking Wilson at 1.02 and therefore any other opinion like mine laughingly has no credibility to you. And the even better part is that you expect no rebuttal when you act like such a dick.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:59 pm

Don't see the NFL teams blasting or souring on any of the top 4 QB's in this draft so until I see a ground swell the above is just a chatter argument. All 4 QB's are going to go very high this year. All have very good movement and throw on the run well.

Wilson is similar to Mahomes in his creativity so the pull for him at 2 will be very strong.

It should be pretty obvious, the 49's would have made that same offer to get 1.2 but that didn't happen. It should also be obvious that the 49's will be ecstatic with any of 3 players or they never would have pulled that trigger.

Back to football!

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:06 pm

Why is everyone ignoring what I put out and what is obvious? There's a LOT of ex-SF staff on the Jets. They talked. There's an understanding. The Jets aren't burning that bridge. C'mon.

Edit: There is No. Way. In. Hell. they make this trade without knowing whom. "Yeah, we're good with anyone really. Here's 3 1sts +"

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:13 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:51 pm

No, what you’re doing is arrogantly dismissing my opinion based upon what NFL management personal are saying they are feeling about Wilson, and doing it because you know for a fact that the Jets are taking Wilson at 1.02 and therefore any other opinion like mine laughingly has no credibility to you. And the even better part is that you expect no rebuttal when you act like such a dick.
I expect no rebuttal because you have no rebuttal

Sorry if "NFL hates Wilson" isn't a well received take when one team is about to take him with the number 2 pick and another (Eagles) was willing to trade into the top 3 for him but no other QB

Here found a scout who has Fields as a 4th rounder:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Gil_Brandt/s ... 9631496196

Looks like the NFL hates him too /s

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:14 pm

Lumps wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:06 pm Why is everyone ignoring what I put out and what is obvious? There's a LOT of ex-SF staff on the Jets. They talked. There's an understanding. The Jets aren't burning that bridge. C'mon.

Edit: There is No. Way. In. Hell. they make this trade without knowing whom. "Yeah, we're good with anyone really. Here's 3 1sts +"
I am sure they have a good idea what the Jet's are thinking today but in the big boy world the only sure thing is when it's your turn to pick.

My guess is the real question on the 49's mind is; Would we be happy with one of the top 4 QB prospects when we are in the clock in case one of them got hit by a bus tomorrow?

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:15 pm

Lumps wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:06 pm Why is everyone ignoring what I put out and what is obvious? There's a LOT of ex-SF staff on the Jets. They talked. There's an understanding. The Jets aren't burning that bridge. C'mon.

This is correct. I think the Niners know as well

Right now I think it's Lance but Fields wouldn't shock me

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:44 pm

It finally has happened, a blocking of a user is about to occur for me. Your opinions are yours to have, but the ability to accept the fact that you may be wrong without beeing a dick is a skill you need to earn Billy, you are exhausting.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:51 pm

murphysxm wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:44 pm

It finally has happened, a blocking of a user is about to occur for me. Your opinions are yours to have, but the ability to accept the fact that you may be wrong without beeing a dick is a skill you need to earn Billy, you are exhausting.
Just going to point out:

1. We do not know for a fact that PHI wanted Wilson.
2. Assuming they did in fact want Wilson, just because the Jets did not take their offer does not mean that Wilson is the QB they're targeting there.

I'm getting the vibe that the Jets want Wilson, too.. but the logic used here is flawed.