The Deshaun Watson Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Is it time to panic with Deshaun Watson yet?

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:26 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:32 pm
dustyroads wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:01 am
blemly wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:44 am

I don’t think there is any question Watson plays again. Hell, Vick went to prison and came back ~ 4 years later after all. I do start to wonder whether this will keep him out of at least a portion of 2022, though.
I'll never understand the Vick comparison with this situation. As much as a vocal minority will contest it; animals are not the same as humans. While both are despicable acts, killing dogs does not compare to (assuming it's true) sexually assaulting a woman/multiple women. Watson could very well come back and play in the league again, but using Vick as the measuring stick is a bad comparison to me. Public perception of their crimes and the lasting impression they'll leave on people will differ greatly in my opinion.
he didn't sexually assault any women. where did you get that from? he has some weird fetish. i don't think he forced them to do anything.
Where did you get your info from? There are a bunch of cases, claiming he did sexually assault them. There are also ten open criminal accounts claiming sexual assault. You need to look into more of the claims, some of them are pretty bad. There are certain cases where they are claiming he did force them into things, and or did inappropriate things with his unmentionables.

Here's just one example.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/ ... texans-nfl
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:40 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:26 pm
Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:32 pm

I'll never understand the Vick comparison with this situation. As much as a vocal minority will contest it; animals are not the same as humans. While both are despicable acts, killing dogs does not compare to (assuming it's true) sexually assaulting a woman/multiple women. Watson could very well come back and play in the league again, but using Vick as the measuring stick is a bad comparison to me. Public perception of their crimes and the lasting impression they'll leave on people will differ greatly in my opinion.
he didn't sexually assault any women. where did you get that from? he has some weird fetish. i don't think he forced them to do anything.
Where did you get your info from? There are a bunch of cases, claiming he did sexually assault them. There are also ten open criminal accounts claiming sexual assault. You need to look into more of the claims, some of them are pretty bad. There are certain cases where they are claiming he did force them into things, and or did inappropriate things with his unmentionables.

Here's just one example.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/ ... texans-nfl
i remember reading all of them back when it all started. they were all the same except for a couple which seemed odd and thus probably made up. if this guy gets off by women massaging his groin area near his dick he's not gonna change his habit by raping them. that doesn't make sense.

anyway, we'll find out the truth maybe during the court case. although in all he said, she said cases we'll be hearing two different versions of the truth.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:48 am

dynastyninja wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:13 pm
Ice wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:52 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:26 pm I imagine he'll get a time served "credit" for this season. NFL will need to suspend him too, but he's already not playing this year.
Time served????? ........He is getting paid for nothing right now.
I didn't realize he was getting paid. That's absurd. I figured the Texans weren't playing him as a form of suspension.
They aren't suspending him. They are making him a healthy scratch every week. He's happy to sit at home and get paid and force his way out of Houston. Houston is happy to have a disgruntled player not near the team and like having an argument that they are doing the right thing.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:57 am

A suspension is 100% coming for Watson. This lost, paid and unsuspended season is only the beginning. Once the legal system runs the course, the NFL will officially suspend Watson for at least half a season if not an entire season.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:21 am

With the NFL not wanting to intervene in the legal process, if Watson is traded prior to the deadline, what would be keeping him from playing in 2021? He could have played up to this point had the Texans done so.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:26 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:21 am With the NFL not wanting to intervene in the legal process, if Watson is traded prior to the deadline, what would be keeping him from playing in 2021? He could have played up to this point had the Texans done so.
Houston has been very clear that Watson will not play for them until the legal issues are resolved. If Watson was traded to a team that intended to play Watson immediately, I think the NFL would put Watson on the commissioner's exempt list which would allow him to be paid but not play. Then Watson would be suspended without pay (and likely have to refund part of his signing bonus) if found guilty of any charges.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:01 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:21 am With the NFL not wanting to intervene in the legal process, if Watson is traded prior to the deadline, what would be keeping him from playing in 2021? He could have played up to this point had the Texans done so.
I would think he would play immediately, barring learning the system or whatever. It's just does a team want to take on the optics? Do they NEED Watson? Are they contenders that are only missing a QB? Do they have the capital to make Houston want to trade him? That's assuming the NFL wouldn't make him exempt the second he's traded.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:07 am

I don't think this is the case.

The NFL has adopted a policy of not screwing up. If they do nothing and let Houston keep him off the field, the NFL can't screw up. People may complain that Watson is being paid, but NFL can deflect and say that Houston is handling the situation right now and that the NFL will wait for more information. If he's traded to a team that plans on playing him the NFL would likely act (and I'm assuming the team trading for Watson would be aware of what the penalty would likely be).

R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

Team #6 orphan

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:26 am

Anteaters wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:57 am A suspension is 100% coming for Watson. This lost, paid and unsuspended season is only the beginning. Once the legal system runs the course, the NFL will officially suspend Watson for at least half a season if not an entire season.
Yeah, 7th game of 2022 is the earliest he's going to play, IMO.

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:56 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:20 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:10 pm

Comparing crimes and deciding which is worse is a slippery slope. That said, Vick's crimes were unbelievably despicable and there aren't too many things I'd consider worse. There's no lasting impression on Vick's victims (the dogs) because they're all dead (many by his hand).

People don't realize/remember what Vick did, which is why he gets a pass (beyond the vocal minority you're referencing). Watson's alleged crimes are terrible, too, so I won't say one is worse than the other.
Agree. A comparison of the offenses themselves isn't the point of the exercise. The example is brought up simply to show the NFL rarely slams the door on a talented player.
Thank you. The point of my post above wasn’t to compare crimes at all. Rather, I was trying to say this exactly: Watson is a talented player and will always have a NFL spot available for him as long as that is the case.
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:14 pm

Since we're all breaking out our crystal balls here, I'm going to predict a trade in the next 7 days. Watson plays this season, and settles his cases out of court in the off-season. He may receive a 6 game suspension at that point, but hard to say. He isn't going to miss a full season, people are quick to forget the NFL doesn't give a crap about ethics and they never have, it's all about MONEY!

Think about Richard Sherman, Vick, Hunt, Mixon, Ray Lewis, a slew of other players! You take a guy like Watson, who is a terrific player at his position, and the NFL wants him on the field as soon as possible.
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Dak Prescott, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Jacobs, Barkley, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Dowdle, Zach Evans, Dobbins
WR: AJB, London, Aiyuk, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Ridley, McLaurin, Dotson, Rashod Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Otton

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 3x 1st
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:46 pm

The eagles desperately need him.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:48 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:46 pm The eagles desperately need him.
so do the Colts and Fins

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

Team #6 orphan

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:50 pm

gogobradyarm wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:14 pm Since we're all breaking out our crystal balls here, I'm going to predict a trade in the next 7 days. Watson plays this season, and settles his cases out of court in the off-season. He may receive a 6 game suspension at that point, but hard to say. He isn't going to miss a full season, people are quick to forget the NFL doesn't give a crap about ethics and they never have, it's all about MONEY!

Think about Richard Sherman, Vick, Hunt, Mixon, Ray Lewis, a slew of other players! You take a guy like Watson, who is a terrific player at his position, and the NFL wants him on the field as soon as possible.
I don't see much chance he's playing this year. I don't see any team trading for him until the court stuff is settled. Too much risk. The NFL doesn't need him, they aren't concerned with wether or not he's on the field this year. The league is killing it this year, and there are so many crazy endings etc.,.... nobody cares about Watson. Nobody is saying "man, the NFL just isn't the same this year, without Deshaun". I sometimes think peoples takes are influenced on whether they roster him or not, in Fantasy. I think most people who roster Watson are in denial about the likelihood he plays this season. The NFL is probably glad they don't have to make a decision on him right now.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:01 pm

abloom wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:48 pm
Space Cowboy wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:46 pm The eagles desperately need him.
so do the Colts and Fins
Wentz is actually the least of their worries right now. Their OL and playcalling, specifically in the red zone are dreadful.