The Dak Prescott Thread - Gets A New Deal

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Meretc01
Role Player
Role Player

The Dak Prescott Thread - Gets A New Deal

Postby Meretc01 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:12 pm

How good did he look? A possible future replacement for romo? I personally thought Prescott looked poised and in control of the offense.. against defense that started "most" of their starters..
12Team 1QB 3 WR 2 RB 1 TE 2 Flex
QB: Tannehill, Wilson
RB: Swift, M. Carter, Etienne, Cohen, Mckissic, Dallas
WR: Jefferson, Pittman Jr.,T. Higgins, Reagor, Parker, Slayton, G.Davis, Cephus, A St.Brown, T. Marshall,
T. Johnson
TE: Schultz, Jonnu, Dissly, Sample
2022 Picks: 1st-2 3rd-1

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Dak Prescott

Postby Bot101 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:16 pm

As a Cowboys fan...

its difficult to get excited about one half of a pre season game. He has an elite offense from top to bottom around him, so I would be surprised if he couldnt move it.

But...

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS?!?
Man they looked great. Dez routinely making corners look silly. Even Williams got in on the action.

The Fantasy Feud
MVP
MVP

Postby The Fantasy Feud » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:22 pm

Bot101 wrote:As a Cowboys fan...

its difficult to get excited about one half of a pre season game. He has an elite offense from top to bottom around him, so I would be surprised if he couldnt move it.

But...

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS?!?
Man they looked great. Dez routinely making corners look silly. Even Williams got in on the action.
Booooooo

I did like Dak tho.
Hosts of The Fantasy Feud - Fantasy Football Podcast

https://linktr.ee/thefantasyfeud

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:01 pm

In a superflex league & during our rookie draft in May, I traded Josh McCown to go back on the clock in the 4th & select Prescott.

Therefore I'll be a fan.

Coogan Football
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Coogan Football » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:10 pm

He looks like a 1st round rookie pick in all formats, I love meaningless preseason games.
12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Dak Prescott

Postby FiremanEd » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:53 am

Coogan23 wrote:He looks like a 1st round rookie pick in all formats, I love meaningless preseason games.
Seems a little unnecessary. Why not talk about an impressive rookies first career action? Simple fact is he looked good, which is a tough task for any rookie QB in his first action. Ask Wentz and Goff. Even bigger than that, Romo is spoken of like he is the most likely QB to get injured and a year from potentially retiring, so there is reason to touch on him and get thoughts.

It is only preseason, but preseason can and should still be discussed when it isn't the established starters of the world we all already know will be fine when the season starts. This was also the right forum, so you should be fine with it.

In my Superflex Prescott went late 3rd round. While he won't see action come the season without an injury, if he shows more of this the next three games, he will get the 'prime QB backup' hype for a little value spike. That's worth something. A log way away still, but you got to start somewhere.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:49 am

I remember when a third round rookie named Russell Wilson performed very well the first two weeks of the preseason.

Now - I am by no means saying that Prescott is the next Wilson.

But, just because it is a preseason game does not mean you should completely disregard his performance.

If he keeps this up - maybe the Cowboys disregard their search for a veteran back up and roll with Prescott. With Romo's injury history, certainly makes him a worthwhile flier in the 4th round of Superflex leagues.

Meretc01
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Meretc01 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:44 am

Its really not even about the preseason games.. its the speed of the game.. the speed of any preseason gsme is a lot faster than college and he handled that.. nevertheless he played well against st louis 1s and not the cleveland 3s.. thats what im trying to point out.
WR: Jefferson, Pittman Jr.,T. Higgins, Reagor, Parker, Slayton, G.Davis, Cephus, A St.Brown, T. Marshall,
T. Johnson

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:52 am

He looked really good. Remember that Sam Bradford had a 400 yard, 4 TD first preseason game a year or two ago. I'll be keeping an eye on Prescott.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:13 am

I was buying Prescott before this game. He's got a good shot at being the (early) backup to Tony Romo, who is 36 and missed last season. If he stepped in he would have a great offensive line, an elite receiver, and probably a decent running game to make him look good. I don't know that he's the next Russell Wilson but he's free and his value could go up pretty quickly, particularly in 2QB/Superflex leagues. I took him at 2.15 in a 16 team Superflex. Situation matters.

TheSpidersFromMars
Starter
Starter

Postby TheSpidersFromMars » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:58 am

*raises hand* ill buy in! preseason or not, i judge a qb by his ability to just march guys down field. some people just have the energy. its worth placing a bet at current price (which is basically nothing in non superflex) if a guy shows even a flash of that.
12 team 0.5 ppr 25 man roster: 1 QB 2 WR 2 RB 1 TE 2 WR/RB/TE Flex

QB: Cam, Ryan
RB: Howard , CJA, Ware, Hill, Gio, Smallwood, D. Washington, Ellington, Gillislee, J. Williams
WR: Julio, Hopkins, KB, Cobb, Stills, C. Meredith, M. Mitchell,
TE: Gronk, Bennett, Maxx, Fiedorowicz
DST: Cardinals

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:39 pm

I'm not saying he didn't look good, but the majority of his throws were screens or bootlegs where he tossed it to his first read. He did make 2-3 nice those where he sat in the pocket, but zero pressure. All in all it was good to see and he look poised and all that but it was completely ideal conditions.

Meretc01
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Meretc01 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:36 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote:I'm not saying he didn't look good, but the majority of his throws were screens or bootlegs where he tossed it to his first read. He did make 2-3 nice those where he sat in the pocket, but zero pressure. All in all it was good to see and he look poised and all that but it was completely ideal conditions.
He still is a rookie but the only incompletions were to the TE that should have been caught. Yeah.. he stuck with his first read (which most rookies do) but the reads he might were on point.. he put the ball on the numbers on the slants i saw from beasely and the over the shoulder throw was on point to terrance williams... if he plays like he did in the next preseason games.. i might have a roster spot for him just in case romo gets hurt.
T. Johnson

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:22 pm

Tsunami wrote:I was buying Prescott before this game. He's got a good shot at being the (early) backup to Tony Romo, who is 36 and missed last season. If he stepped in he would have a great offensive line, an elite receiver, and probably a decent running game to make him look good. I don't know that he's the next Russell Wilson but he's free and his value could go up pretty quickly, particularly in 2QB/Superflex leagues. I took him at 2.15 in a 16 team Superflex. Situation matters.

...aaaaand I sold him for Martavis Bryant already.

Kramer
MVP
MVP

Postby Kramer » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:09 pm

Somebody help me decide who to drop from my team to pick up Prescott.

Kenny Bell is who I was leaning towards, but one of the QBs could do as well.
10 team SF .5ppr-QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex,SF,Def (30 spots)
QB: Allen, AR, Brissett
RB: Mixon,Barkley,Rhamondre,Foreman
WR: Deebo,Adams,Jeudy, Devonta,Nuk
TE: Knox,Chig, Woods, Ferguson
2023 picks: 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20
2024 picks: 3 2nds
2025 picks: 3 2nds