2021 BAD TRADE OFFERS

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Re: 2021 BAD TRADE OFFERS

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue May 18, 2021 1:16 pm

:shifty: I'm just waiting to see someone post a trade I proposed.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Rasorin
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Rasorin » Tue May 18, 2021 8:35 pm

A couple of people asked what’s so bad about this trade so I thought as the OP I would respond. Feedback welcome.

Trade
12 team 1QB
Give: Ruggs, Trautman, 2022 3rd
Get: cousin, Tarik Cohen

IMO cousins is close to droppable in a 1QB league and I already have 3 better options at QB. Cohen is coming off a major knee injury which could limit his lateral agility which was a primary strength. In addition he is a cut candidate next year due to the awful contract and will be 26 years old at the start of this season.

Ruggs absolutely underperformed last year but was a 1st round dynasty pick just 12 months ago. Trautman has little competition to be the primary TE is the Saints offense. Ruggs and Trautman are the best two prices of this trade and asking for a future pick on top made this all the more laughable to me. But to each their own.

ItsHandsomeDave
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ItsHandsomeDave » Tue May 18, 2021 9:44 pm

Depending on scoring settings, Cousins was a top 12 QB in most leagues last year. Cohen has been a decent flex option in PPR leagues for a long time and may still be.

Ruggs was a bust. Trautman is what, the TE20? And a random third round pick in 2022 in a 1QB league? Pls dont spend all that capital in one place!

You might have a certain perspective on players, but this was not a low ball or bad offer at all. You were offered production for upside players who could be total write offs. You must be a hell of a lot of fun to trade with if this kind of offer insults you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ItsHandsomeDave
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ItsHandsomeDave » Tue May 18, 2021 9:49 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:41 am
Jigga94 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:32 am My bad, I guess I'll stop posting in here since I don't understand the purpose of this thread...

Are people not supposed to comment when they think an offer is close? Is it just to make everyone feel better about themselves after receiving a bad offer instead of hitting decline? I'm not sure what is constructive about seeing "league idiot offers me a 3rd for my stud player."
I wasn't referring to you lol, im referring to the trades that you rightfully claimed aren't bad.

My point was I think this thread was started to have a laugh at some of the ridiculous offers people send out, but people will just throw out any trade that they didn't accept because it was slightly off in value, and then we get into a discussion like this where we argue whether or not it belongs in this thread. So im suggesting we change the title so its a little more clear on the purpose of this thread.

For the record I don't think this thread is meant to be constructive, but just for a quick laugh. If you want an opinion/help on an actual trade offer there are plenty of other threads you can start/join in on
I see it as an opportunity to scold people for being autistic fuddy duddys who dont want to accept the fact that they live in a society and need to be kinder to their league mates

Not everyone is trying to rape you, its only about 30% of your league or so

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Tue May 18, 2021 9:53 pm

ItsHandsomeDave wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:49 pm
ThunderTung wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:41 am
Jigga94 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:32 am My bad, I guess I'll stop posting in here since I don't understand the purpose of this thread...

Are people not supposed to comment when they think an offer is close? Is it just to make everyone feel better about themselves after receiving a bad offer instead of hitting decline? I'm not sure what is constructive about seeing "league idiot offers me a 3rd for my stud player."
I wasn't referring to you lol, im referring to the trades that you rightfully claimed aren't bad.

My point was I think this thread was started to have a laugh at some of the ridiculous offers people send out, but people will just throw out any trade that they didn't accept because it was slightly off in value, and then we get into a discussion like this where we argue whether or not it belongs in this thread. So im suggesting we change the title so its a little more clear on the purpose of this thread.

For the record I don't think this thread is meant to be constructive, but just for a quick laugh. If you want an opinion/help on an actual trade offer there are plenty of other threads you can start/join in on
I see it as an opportunity to scold people for being autistic fuddy duddys who dont want to accept the fact that they live in a society and need to be kinder to their league mates

Not everyone is trying to rape you, its only about 30% of your league or so
speak for yourself pal, remind me to not join one of your leagues :lol:
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Rasorin
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Rasorin » Tue May 18, 2021 11:04 pm

ItsHandsomeDave wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:44 pm Depending on scoring settings, Cousins was a top 12 QB in most leagues last year. Cohen has been a decent flex option in PPR leagues for a long time and may still be.

Ruggs was a bust. Trautman is what, the TE20? And a random third round pick in 2022 in a 1QB league? Pls dont spend all that capital in one place!

You might have a certain perspective on players, but this was not a low ball or bad offer at all. You were offered production for upside players who could be total write offs. You must be a hell of a lot of fun to trade with if this kind of offer insults you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wow. I’d do make a lot of trades and am SOmuch fun. Your analysis is interesting. Yes Cousins was a top 12 QB last year but... he didn’t win anyone any championships, he was only top 12 because he played a full schedule although his points per game was much more mediocre. His splits were awful. The Viking defense was so bad last year year they had to throw in second halfs.

You are the first cousins Truther I have met. Do you really view him as a top 12 QB (top 20 even) or was that your version of fun?

ItsHandsomeDave
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ItsHandsomeDave » Tue May 18, 2021 11:32 pm

Not a truther, and I think Ruggs may break out I just don’t think it’s that bad. It’s one of those trades that in 2 years time will look terrible for one side but who can say which side that is haha

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed May 19, 2021 4:08 am

ItsHandsomeDave wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:32 pm Not a truther, and I think Ruggs may break out I just don’t think it’s that bad. It’s one of those trades that in 2 years time will look terrible for one side but who can say which side that is haha
Funny you mention that because I've gone through old threads like this before and it doesn't take long to find one that looks like a bad offer at the the time to turn into a really good one.

And NO that doesn't mean it wasn't a bad offer at the time or that you should've accepted, just pointing out that things change drastically in this game

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed May 19, 2021 4:11 am

ItsHandsomeDave wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:44 pm Depending on scoring settings, Cousins was a top 12 QB in most leagues last year. Cohen has been a decent flex option in PPR leagues for a long time and may still be.

You might have a certain perspective on players, but this was not a low ball or bad offer at all. You were offered production for upside players who could be total write offs.
+
++
+++
++++

BTW, I'm not a Cousins truther, but if I go all in on other positions and wait until very late to draft QBs, Cousins provides the type of production that can be a fantasy "game manager". For a team stacked at other positions, Cousins can very definitely do enough to get to the finals.

First, as mentioned, he plays in almost every game. I'd rather have Cousins for 16 games than Brees or JimmyG for 5-8 games. He may not have many 4-5TD games like Mahomes, but he's productive enough to be above average PPG for fantasy QB production. For a team that has great RBs/WRs/TEs, average QB play is often good enough. it's hard to have top talent at every position.

But the owner making this offer to you should pay attention to your roster as well as his own. If he's trying to trade Cousins to you and you really have 3 QB better than Cousins on your roster, that was a bad offer. OTOH, if you truly have 3 top11 QBs on your roster, you might want to consider offering one in trade to improve your TE - especially if you're counting on Trautman as your TE1.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Wed May 19, 2021 5:51 am

A family member of mine received this over the weekend. Saw the offer first hand (not hearsay), thought I was going blind.
Hope it's "bad" enough to be included here.

Give 2021 pick 1.11
Get 2023 3rd round pick.

No typos.
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Wed May 19, 2021 6:05 am

Mephistopheles wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:51 am A family member of mine received this over the weekend. Saw the offer first hand (not hearsay), thought I was going blind.

Give 2021 pick 1.11
Get 2023 3rd round pick.

No typos.
That 2023 class is loaded! (Sarcasm)
12 Team PPR, SF, TEP (2 PPR)
QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, SF, 2 Flex

QB - Burrow, Prescott, Cousins
RB - Jacobs, Etienne, Kamara, Hubbard, Ford, Gibson, Dobbins, CEH, Hunt
WR - Chase, Lamb, Metcalf, Diontae, Ridley, Bateman, Thielen, Iosivas, Charlie Jones, Derius Davis, Rakim Jarrett
TE - Kincaid, Goedert, Fant, Jelani Woods

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed May 19, 2021 6:35 am

Mephistopheles wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:51 am A family member of mine received this over the weekend. Saw the offer first hand (not hearsay), thought I was going blind.

Give 2021 pick 1.11
Get 2023 3rd round pick.

No typos.
Mentally handicapped offer

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed May 19, 2021 6:37 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 6:35 am

Give 2021 pick 1.11
Get 2023 3rd round pick.

No typos.
Hit "are you sure you want to propose this offer?" and then "confirm" by accident.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed May 19, 2021 6:39 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 6:37 am
Jigga94 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 6:35 am

Give 2021 pick 1.11
Get 2023 3rd round pick.

No typos.
Hit "are you sure you want to propose this offer?" and then "confirm" by accident.
Probably forgot to add the 2024 4th to even it out

Rasorin
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Rasorin » Wed May 19, 2021 7:47 am

Anteaters wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:11 am

You might have a certain perspective on players, but this was not a low ball or bad offer at all. You were offered production for upside players who could be total write offs.
+
++
+++
++++

BTW, I'm not a Cousins truther, but if I go all in on other positions and wait until very late to draft QBs, Cousins provides the type of production that can be a fantasy "game manager". For a team stacked at other positions, Cousins can very definitely do enough to get to the finals.

First, as mentioned, he plays in almost every game. I'd rather have Cousins for 16 games than Brees or JimmyG for 5-8 games. He may not have many 4-5TD games like Mahomes, but he's productive enough to be above average PPG for fantasy QB production. For a team that has great RBs/WRs/TEs, average QB play is often good enough. it's hard to have top talent at every position.

But the owner making this offer to you should pay attention to your roster as well as his own. If he's trying to trade Cousins to you and you really have 3 QB better than Cousins on your roster, that was a bad offer. OTOH, if you truly have 3 top11 QBs on your roster, you might want to consider offering one in trade to improve your TE - especially if you're counting on Trautman as your TE1.
Not sure how else to say this but cousins is not a top 12 QB asset. His current ADP is around QB26 and 200 overall. Troutman and Cohen are have similar ADP (159/172) so we are are looking at cousins (adp 200) for Ruggs (adp 100) + future third. Yes it’s not as outrageous as other other offers here but damn. At this point I feel like I need to trade my cousins shares as some people do view him as a top 12 QB.