Drew Lock, what do you think of him?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Drew Lock, what do you think of him?

Postby Sriracha » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:45 am

FiremanEd wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:51 am I don’t think much of him. I would expect him to be replaced as soon as something reasonable presents itself, be it draft or FA, of which the latter usually doesn’t have much to speak of.

Mentioning him being similar to Stafford and Allen outside of draft capital is really selling those two guys short. There is a lot of pieces that went into the draft capital delta, and we have seen it on the football field. Draft capital is just what you can put an easy to see number to without going into details.
Maybe, maybe not.

Production wise, both Stafford and Allen were actually worse than Lock through 13 games.

Allen is a better runner and is a little bigger, Stafford is a far inferior athlete. But I'd easily put Lock's arm talent in the same ball park as those two and he actually had a better college career (and similarly to Josh Allen and Stafford [and Dak who also doesn't have draft capital behind him], their college teams took a nose dive after they left).

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:54 pm

I thought he'd lead the league in INTs but I should've said INT%. Anyone that thought he was ok or good last year was only looking at the W-L record.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:01 pm

Krypto_King wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:54 pm I thought he'd lead the league in INTs but I should've said INT%. Anyone that thought he was ok or good last year was only looking at the W-L record.
He actually played better than Murray, Haskins, and Daniel Jones as a rookie via DVOA. He had a lot of success on 3rd down, and avoiding sacks (which is something DEN was bottom of the league in prior to him taking over).

Very limited sample size, but there were reasons to be hopeful

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:55 pm

Remember when many people counted Alex Smith to be down and out?

I think Lock deserves at least until the end of his rookie contract.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:25 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:01 pm
Krypto_King wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:54 pm I thought he'd lead the league in INTs but I should've said INT%. Anyone that thought he was ok or good last year was only looking at the W-L record.
He actually played better than Murray, Haskins, and Daniel Jones as a rookie via DVOA. He had a lot of success on 3rd down, and avoiding sacks (which is something DEN was bottom of the league in prior to him taking over).

Very limited sample size, but there were reasons to be hopeful
you need a metric that accounts for dropped INTs. only 1 of those 3 is an NFL starter to be compared to and Murray was pretty up and down as a passer, sure

broncohead
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby broncohead » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:55 pm

The Godwin Complex wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:55 pm Remember when many people counted Alex Smith to be down and out?

I'm not sure Denver will give Lock 2 more years as the starter. Its not unrealistic to think they may take QB in 2021 draft if the right prospect is there. Theyll likely finish with a top 10 pick. Lance has been talked about as a 1st rounder, Trask and Wilson seem to be risers as well. Lock was a 2nd round pick which is not a premium pick for a QB. They have no obligation to Lock as their starter.
48 team, 4 copy league, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SF, 4 flex
QB - Wentz, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jones, Alex Smith
RB - Chubb, Hunt, Swift, Akers, Henderson, Mostert, Mack, Bowden, Hill
WR - AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Gabriel Davis, Slayton, Hamler, Isabella
TE - Fant, Burton, Firkser, Keene, Okuegbunam
2021 Draft - 1.09, 3rd

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:10 am

broncohead wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:55 pm
The Godwin Complex wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:55 pm Remember when many people counted Alex Smith to be down and out?

I'm not sure Denver will give Lock 2 more years as the starter. Its not unrealistic to think they may take QB in 2021 draft if the right prospect is there. Theyll likely finish with a top 10 pick. Lance has been talked about as a 1st rounder, Trask and Wilson seem to be risers as well. Lock was a 2nd round pick which is not a premium pick for a QB. They have no obligation to Lock as their starter.
x2 there's 6 qbs in this class who project to go similarly to or higher than Lock

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:01 am

Tough to read still because the entire team is a dumpster fire (especially after yesterday's forced non-game, should have just forfeited), though right now I lean towards a new coach and QB next year. Elway leaving next year would surprise me only because - despite the last few terrible years - he's still such a Bronco icon.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -