Massive Overhaul for 2021

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Which version of my team would you prefer moving forward?

Originally Drafted Team (Strongly)
85%
Originally Drafted Team (Slightly)
12%
Current Overhauled team (Slightly)
3%
Current Overhauled team (Strongly)
No votes

Total votes: 34

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Massive Overhaul for 2021

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:41 am

Once Arod and Brady retire, your QB now might be more valuable. Even then, Kyler is still likely better than Darnold or Jones.

All of this still doesn't change the fact that you sold low on a lot of players. I don't see a big difference in any other position group still

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:11 pm

murphysxm wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:37 pm
To be fair, until you raise your hand and admit mistakes with past transactions, you are not gong to get a lot of support here. If you ask for advice you have to hear it
Im not looking for support :lol: Im looking for objective insight given the context. We all make "mistakes". But I think that there is a difference between a mistake with unintended consequences and an unpopular opinion/strategy. I often see on this forum how many judge things far before the jury is actually out. For example, I traded Godwin for Chark and Pittman....you could call that a mistake OR depending on how things shake out, you could call it shrewd. I traded Cook for a couple of pieces, and more recently Chubb for a larger handful of pieces. Nobody really knows until the dust settles how this will all turn out. However, what we do know objectively is that my team is now deeper, and younger - whether or not that counts for something is up in the air and subject to opinion, and feedback. For those who proposed that I trade away a bunch of pieces for 2023 picks, I would like to pose an open question.....what would trading pieces like Darnold, Juju, Jacobs, Pittman, Chark, etc for picks accomplish that trading for them did not accomplish?

To add some more food for thought to what it means to be a championship team, and why I personally am feeling hopeful in my league, here are the teams that were in the championship last year.

The champion started this lineup
Kirk Cousins
Aaron Jones
Dalvin Cook
Davante Adams
Amari Cooper
Sammy Watkins
Gronkowski
Geisicki
Rashard Higgins
James Conner
Danny Amendola
Phillip Rivers

The team he beat started this lineup
Russell Wilson
James Robinson
Cam Akers
Cooper Kupp
Russell Gage
Marquise Brown
Travis Kelce
Cole Kmet
Robby Anderson
Hunter Renfrow
MVS
Kyler Murray

So for everyone who says you cant win with the QBs I have, its important for me to again point out that the QBs are only 2 of 12 starters.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

stpilots98
Role Player
Role Player

Postby stpilots98 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:54 pm

The MAC Machine wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:11 pm
I would like to pose an open question.....what would trading pieces like Darnold, Juju, Jacobs, Pittman, Chark, etc for picks accomplish that trading for them did not accomplish?

The champion started this lineup
Kirk Cousins
Aaron Jones
Dalvin Cook
Davante Adams
Amari Cooper
Sammy Watkins
Gronkowski
Geisicki
Rashard Higgins
James Conner
Danny Amendola
Phillip Rivers

The team he beat started this lineup
Russell Wilson
James Robinson
Cam Akers
Cooper Kupp
Russell Gage
Marquise Brown
Travis Kelce
Cole Kmet
Robby Anderson
Hunter Renfrow
MVS
Kyler Murray

So for everyone who says you cant win with the QBs I have, its important for me to again point out that the QBs are only 2 of 12 starters.
Personally, I don’t think you are close to competing and that your best bet is to rebuild, which is why it makes sense to sell not acquire. I look at it as Jacobs and JuJu will be at the tail end of their prime years when you might be done rebuilding. Anyone that doesn’t fit your window should be available. Darnold is the only one I might keep because it’s a two QB league and their longevity is the longest.

Team 1 hit everything at the right time it seems and it definitley helps when you have two #1 RB’s and the #1 wideout. Listen, you can win a two QB league with middle of the road QB’s, but you need a lot of luck. I made the finals in my dynasty 12 team with McKissic and Wilson Jr. as my starting two RB’s. Doesn’t mean that No RB’s is the way to go.
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex

QB - Fields, Howell, Levis, Rodgers
RB - Montgomery, Dillon, Achane, Ford, Foreman Spears, De. Johnson, Ch. Brown
WR - Di Johnson, Olave, DJM, JSN, Addison, Dell, E. Moore, R. Moore, Pierce, Osborne, Atwell, Reynolds
TE - Kincaid, Hudson

1.01, 1.09, 1.10

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 4 Flex, SF

QB - Hurts, Fields, Howell, Bridgewater, Wentz, Hoyer
RB - Barkley, Mixon, Dillon, Spears, Foreman, CEH, Murray, Strong
WR - Jefferson, Higgins, Allen, R. Moore, Palmer, MVS, Patrick, Reynolds, Woods, Osborne, Campbell, Raymond
TE - Musgrave, I. Smith, Henry, Washington

2nd

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex, SF

QB - Carr, Garoppolo, Levis, Trubisky, Darnold, Trask, Wentz, Walker
RB - Robinson, Achane, R. Jones, CEH, Kelley, Mitchell, Mason
WR - Adams, Higgins, Wilson, DJM, Brown, Cooks, Boyd, MVS, R. Moore, Boutte
TE - Kinkaid, Knox, Conklin

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:59 pm

You're a funny dude. I don't think I've ever run across someone as stubborn and hard headed but always so friendly and willing to keep up an argument without it deteriorating into personal insults. As far as I can remember you've never taken anyone's advice but you have never been insulting or upset either. I appreciate your good nature. But I wouldn't want to be your spouse :lol:
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Rylakn
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Rylakn » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:46 am

Hey,

I just saw this thread and thoroughly enjoyed the read.

I have to say, I admire the good nature of OP to stay strong all this time and not get aggressive or angry.

That being said, I would like to point out a couple of things that seem to keep being sticking points.

- The community will always grade a trade based on value at the time of the deal. To look at your trades (the Godwin deal for example) and say who knows how it will play out, so maybe it was good, maybe it was bad, is just madness. All you can do is look at the pieces and weigh their current value (including future potential) against each other.

- Winning a 2qb league with below average QBs is possible, but you need studs at other positions, which you currently don't have.

- Trading away older proven studs for young players with upside is a good way to keep your team competitive over time, but you need to target higher value pieces. For example, I just got out of Hopkins, Allen, Carson and Kelce, but I added Higgins, DJ Moore, Lamb, ETN and Hockenson, while also swapping my 1st for the 1st from the team that has been last 3 years in a row. (But continues to trade his picks away, so never rebuilds).

We are all free to build our teams to whatever strategies we like, but trading current high value players for dart throws seems to be a sure fire way to upset the forums haha.
12 Team, 0.5 PPR, QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, 3LB, 3DL, 3DB
QB: Wilson, Tua, Mayfield
RB: Chubb, Mixon, ETN, Henderson, Hunt, Connor, Robinson
WR: Lamb, DJM, Higgins, E Moore, London, JuJu, Samuel, Shennault, Amari Rodgers, Dyami Brown
TE: Hockenson, Henry
LB: Wagner, Gary, Eric Kendricks, Zaven Collins, Thibedaux, Chandler Jones, Edmunds
DL: Young, Simmons, Barmore, Lawson, Chris Jones, Jonathan Allen
CB: Stingley JR
S: Bates

Draft Picks:
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
2024: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
2025: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:00 am

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:59 pm You're a funny dude. I don't think I've ever run across someone as stubborn and hard headed but always so friendly and willing to keep up an argument without it deteriorating into personal insults. As far as I can remember you've never taken anyone's advice but you have never been insulting or upset either. I appreciate your good nature. But I wouldn't want to be your spouse :lol:
This sums things up pretty well
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:23 am

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:59 pm You're a funny dude. I don't think I've ever run across someone as stubborn and hard headed but always so friendly and willing to keep up an argument without it deteriorating into personal insults. As far as I can remember you've never taken anyone's advice but you have never been insulting or upset either. I appreciate your good nature. But I wouldn't want to be your spouse :lol:
Thats because for me its not an argument :lol: I take advice! After all I put this forum through about JRob, I traded him last year! And to be completely honest, I feel like that is the trade that has been a mistake.

Kyler Murray, JRob, MVS
for
Chubb, Minshew, Mo Alie Cox, and 2nd round pick

:doh: :oops:

For me its not just about the advice though, its also about the timing of when to apply the advice. I think Im getting some good perspective here. Im just pushing back on right now being the time to jump ship on my team as it is and apply it. I wont be sitting on this roster for multiple years by any means. Im always looking for opportunities to build. But I definitely do think that I have more assets and more opportunities to sell now than I did before. I might have had better assets before - one or two that may I mishandled. But to rebuild is to spread out and build up from there. You need some dart throws and some cornerstones to rebuild.

Maybe many of you dont like the darts Im throwing? :eh:

So you'd rather have a spouse that devolves into personal/toxic behavior? :shock: My partner knows I require a lot of attention and how testing it can be. Endurance is necessary with me in conversation. I need substance in my feedback. If I dont know why Im doing something, Im not going to do it. :lol:
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
ROSTER STARTERS

BENCH:
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:11 am

Haha, no man, im sure your spouse appreciates your even temperament. Im just busting your chops :lol:

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:16 am

The MAC Machine wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:23 am
Thats because for me its not an argument :lol: I take advice! After all I put this forum through about JRob, I traded him last year! And to be completely honest, I feel like that is the trade that has been a mistake.

Kyler Murray, JRob, MVS
for
Chubb, Minshew, Mo Alie Cox, and 2nd round pick

:doh: :oops:

For me its not just about the advice though, its also about the timing of when to apply the advice. I think Im getting some good perspective here. Im just pushing back on right now being the time to jump ship on my team as it is and apply it. I wont be sitting on this roster for multiple years by any means. Im always looking for opportunities to build. But I definitely do think that I have more assets and more opportunities to sell now than I did before. I might have had better assets before - one or two that may I mishandled. But to rebuild is to spread out and build up from there. You need some dart throws and some cornerstones to rebuild.

Maybe many of you dont like the darts Im throwing? :eh:

So you'd rather have a spouse that devolves into personal/toxic behavior? :shock: My partner knows I require a lot of attention and how testing it can be. Endurance is necessary with me in conversation. I need substance in my feedback. If I dont know why Im doing something, Im not going to do it. :lol:
I dont care aboyt timing and dart throw preferences. I just think you should get more value in your moves. Try using the dlf trade calculator more. That way you can still make the trades you want but not lose value. Make your Jrob for Arob trade, but use the dlf calculator to get some picks thrown in on top of Jrob. Same with the Kyler trade. I dont care who you prefer, just try to break a little closer to even on your moves you are making. It will reduce the need to be perfect in your future predictions.

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:17 pm

Week 1 Starting Line-Up
Darnold (21 points) vs Allen (17 points)
Fournette (11 points) vs McCaffrey (28 points)
Harris (11 points) vs Carson (12 points)
Cooper (39 points) vs Metcalf (16 points)
Landry (19 points) vs Woods (12 points)
Chark (20 points) vs Beasley (14 points)
Jarwin (6 points) vs J. Cook (13 points)
Mo Alie-Cox (0 points) vs Ebron (3 points)
Juju (9 points) vs Gaskin (13 points)
Pittman (6 points) vs M. Davis (10 points)
Boyd (6 points) vs Mostert (2 points)
Tyrod Taylor (27 points) vs Bridgewater (24 points)
= 175 to 163 WIN
+8 point differential

BENCH (TOP 3)
Mike Williams (22 points) vs Pascal (20 points)
Marvin Jones (19 points) vs E. Sanders (9 points)
Mac Jones (16 points) vs Justin Fields (7 points)

Honorable Mention
Josh Jacobs - I benched him against the Ravens

This is significant because last year I went 1-11 AND was the lowest scoring team in the league. So far Im 1-0 and currently 5th in scoring. Its only week 1 I know. I will continue to keep you all posted through all the highs and lows.

2020 Week 1 Score
131 to 204 LOSS
-73 point differential
Last edited by The MAC Machine on Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
ROSTER STARTERS

BENCH:

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:03 pm

The MAC Machine wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:17 pm Week 1 Starting Line-Up
Darnold (21 points) vs Allen (17 points)
Fournette (11 points) vs McCaffrey (28 points)
Harris (11 points) vs Carson (12 points)
Cooper (39 points) vs Metcalf (16 points)
Landry (19 points) vs Woods (12 points)
Chark (20 points) vs Beasley (14 points)
Jarwin (6 points) vs J. Cook (13 points)
Mo Alie-Cox (0 points) vs Ebron (3 points)
Juju (9 points) vs Gaskin (13 points)
Pittman (6 points) vs M. Davis (10 points)
Boyd (6 points) vs Mostert (2 points)
Tyrod Taylor (27 points) vs Bridgewater (24 points)
= 175 to 163 WIN

BENCH (TOP 3)
Mike Williams (22 points) vs Pascal (20 points)
Marvin Jones (19 points) vs E. Sanders (9 points)
Mac Jones (16 points) vs Justin Fields (7 points)

Honorable Mention

This is significant because last year I went 1-11 AND was the lowest scoring team in the league. So far Im 1-0 and currently 5th in scoring. Its only week 1 I know. I will continue to keep you all posted through all the highs and lows.
How many points was your original pre-trade lineup? Since that’s what the polls on, it’s probably make sense to keep track of your weekly differential of that. Good luck this year
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:36 am

Jrblaha wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:03 pm How many points was your original pre-trade lineup? Since that’s what the polls on, it’s probably make sense to keep track of your weekly differential of that. Good luck this year
Added

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
ROSTER STARTERS

BENCH:

timeEd32
Role Player
Role Player

Postby timeEd32 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:44 am

The Kyler trade is a good example. Even if you take out JRob and MVS you lose that deal on value.

If you’re happy to build through depth and think you’re getting players that will improve that’s fine. But you have to make trades at market value, not your value. Depending on when that deal happened you were probably about two firsts shy of fair value.

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:59 am

The MAC Machine wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:36 am
Jrblaha wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:03 pm How many points was your original pre-trade lineup? Since that’s what the polls on, it’s probably make sense to keep track of your weekly differential of that. Good luck this year
Added
No I mean put how many points your pretrade lineup would have scored this year week 1, then next week do week 2 etc. I didn’t see it but maybe I’m just misreading or missing it
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:15 pm

Jrblaha wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:59 am
The MAC Machine wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:36 am
Added
No I mean put how many points your pretrade lineup would have scored this year week 1, then next week do week 2 etc. I didn’t see it but maybe I’m just misreading or missing it
Ahhhhh I see! Good point. Ok, here we go

STARTING LINEUPS 2021 WEEK 1 RESULTS COMPARISON
Kyler Murray (42 point) vs Darnold (21 points)
Rodgers (1 point) vs Tyrod Taylor (27 points)
Cook (19 points) vs Fournette (11 points)
Tevin Coleman (2 points) vs Harris (11 points)
Godwin (23 points) vs Cooper (39 points)
Sutton (3 points) vs Juju (9 points)
Golladay (10 points) vs Chark (20 points)
De. Parker (12 points) vs Landry (19 points)
Hamler (7 points) vs Boyd (6 points)
Cobb (4 points) vs Pittman (6 points)
Jarwin (6 points) vs Jarwin (6 points)
Gronk (33 points) vs Mo Alie-Cox (0 points)
= 162 points vs 175 points

BENCH (TOP 3)
Brady (36 points) vs Mac Jones (16 points)
Cam Sims (3 points) vs Mike Williams (22 points)
Lamar Miller/Ty Montgomery/Mckissic/Breida/De Washington < (2 points each) vs Marvin Jones (19 points)

BEST POTENTIAL LINEUP:
198 points vs 204

And that doesnt include honorable Mentions from my current team that were on the bench
Sutton - I benched against NYG

And as a reminder: I would have lost this week in a heartbreaker with my old lineup. :cry:
Last edited by The MAC Machine on Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
ROSTER STARTERS

BENCH: