Commissioner help pls

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Commissioner help pls

Postby Yarnith » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:09 pm

dblpost
Last edited by Yarnith on Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:10 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:09 pm Maybe in the context of a league that doesnt discuss trades but rather blindly sends offers (would never recommend). But there should be no reason that I have to prepay for next season, to make trades that might not even go through. I wouldn't pay until I know that im actually dealing future picks.

If I send an offer that involves a future 1st, and it gets accepted, or you suggesting that i should be punished for waiting until its accepted to pay the fee? If I refuse to pay the fee then the trade gets reversed. However, in this specific case. If the commish elects to make the trade stand, then yes in order to avoid team a from refusing to pay just so his trade gets reversed, you give him a choice of either paying, or leaving. Not saying thats what he should do, in my eyes he should reverse this trade. Not because its "against the rules" but because it was a mistake.
I donno what you are even saying. The question is what should he do with the trade that happened. I said its not valid because the owner hasn't prepaid for the right to trade the pick so simply cancel the trade and move on. I think you are saying that he made a mistake and should get the trade reversed because he said so.

Here is why you reverse it because its "against the rules". As a commish I can make sure no one claims bias or anything else by simply falling on my rulebook and saying "sorry man you cant actually trade that pick legally". Its black and white without wiggle room no judgement required. Its the unbiased smart way to handle it.

I don't run players out of my league unless something egregious happens or something abusive like this becomes habitual. Making threats like "pay up or you get kicked" is a fast way to piss off all your owners for being heavy handed. 2 fastest ways to be a commish of an empty league, be biased or be heavy handed. Now specifically if the trade was desired by both parties I would just suspend it until they prepaid. That is for convenience, rather than cancelling the trade, making them pay and resubmitting. I still wouldn't let the trade go through until the prepayment happened because reversing it would cause far more drama.
[/quote]
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:31 pm

Yarnith wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:10 pm
ThunderTung wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:09 pm Maybe in the context of a league that doesnt discuss trades but rather blindly sends offers (would never recommend). But there should be no reason that I have to prepay for next season, to make trades that might not even go through. I wouldn't pay until I know that im actually dealing future picks.

If I send an offer that involves a future 1st, and it gets accepted, or you suggesting that i should be punished for waiting until its accepted to pay the fee? If I refuse to pay the fee then the trade gets reversed. However, in this specific case. If the commish elects to make the trade stand, then yes in order to avoid team a from refusing to pay just so his trade gets reversed, you give him a choice of either paying, or leaving. Not saying thats what he should do, in my eyes he should reverse this trade. Not because its "against the rules" but because it was a mistake.
I donno what you are even saying. The question is what should he do with the trade that happened. I said its not valid because the owner hasn't prepaid for the right to trade the pick so simply cancel the trade and move on. I think you are saying that he made a mistake and should get the trade reversed because he said so.

Here is why you reverse it because its "against the rules". As a commish I can make sure no one claims bias or anything else by simply falling on my rulebook and saying "sorry man you cant actually trade that pick legally". Its black and white without wiggle room no judgement required. Its the unbiased smart way to handle it.

I don't run players out of my league unless something egregious happens or something abusive like this becomes habitual. Making threats like "pay up or you get kicked" is a fast way to piss off all your owners for being heavy handed. 2 fastest ways to be a commish of an empty league, be biased or be heavy handed. Now specifically if the trade was desired by both parties I would just suspend it until they prepaid. That is for convenience, rather than cancelling the trade, making them pay and resubmitting. I still wouldn't let the trade go through until the prepayment happened because reversing it would cause far more drama.
[/quote]

dont we say "pay up or get kicked" when league fees are due every single season? whats the difference?

The course of action relating to kicking that player, is worst possible scenario. If you deem the situation to be a case of remorse, rather than a mistake. Then you must rule that the trade stands, unless team b graciously agrees to reverse it. the only action then is either team a pays, or he leaves. holding the league hostage because he changed his mind after an agreed to trade processed, and refuses to pay in hopes that the trade gets reversed is egregious enough for me to move on from a team. Not only would this owner be lying to gain an advantage, he'd be gaming the rules to get his way.

I get what your saying, if both parties arent willing to work together to figure this out, saying its apart of the rules and the trade doesn't stand is an easy out, however in doing so, your also setting a precedent for the future that i don't think works well with the way trades are ran in this particular league.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:51 pm

Moral of the story:

Pay attention to the trades that you send.

Especially if you have to pay future dues for trading away draft pics.

I've fat-fingered some offers, but caught it and revoked it right away.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:08 pm

ThunderTung wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:31 pm
Yarnith wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:10 pm

dont we say "pay up or get kicked" when league fees are due every single season? whats the difference?

The course of action relating to kicking that player, is worst possible scenario. If you deem the situation to be a case of remorse, rather than a mistake. Then you must rule that the trade stands, unless team b graciously agrees to reverse it. the only action then is either team a pays, or he leaves. holding the league hostage because he changed his mind after an agreed to trade processed, and refuses to pay in hopes that the trade gets reversed is egregious enough for me to move on from a team. Not only would this owner be lying to gain an advantage, he'd be gaming the rules to get his way.

I get what your saying, if both parties arent willing to work together to figure this out, saying its apart of the rules and the trade doesn't stand is an easy out, however in doing so, your also setting a precedent for the future that i don't think works well with the way trades are ran in this particular league.
[/quote]

I thought the person had to pay once they traded that pick away, not pre-pay for it. Seemed like just the wording the OP used that made it seem like you had to pre pay, but maybe I'm wrong.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.