Myles Gaskin

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Myles Gaskin

Postby Patsfan86 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:43 am

So we cant really believe anything Flores says since he is a Belichick disciple BUT that also leads me to believe he will prefer a RBBC like Belichick does. If gaskin can secure the James White role then he will be fantasy relevant but obviously not a RB1. I think this backfield will be an annoyance for everyone. I have Ahmed and ill keep him if he makes the team but ill never start him unless i absolutely have to.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:56 pm

I was all over Gaskin last year, but sold high at the end of last season. Cashing out on these free pickups is the way to go 9/10 times.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:57 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:56 pm I was all over Gaskin last year, but sold high at the end of last season. Cashing out on these free pickups is the way to go 9/10 times.
Totally agree.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:10 pm

I think one of the reasons there will be a committee is that none of the backs on Miami have a history of holding up for a full season. I totally get that the Gaskin truthers see his limited action and want to project that over a full season. Sure if he holds up for a full season & gets that consistent volume he has low RB1 potential. It makes a lot more sense for Miami to use different backs with different skills for different roles than try to bellcow one of them and have that guy wear down.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:40 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:46 pm
Valhalla wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:40 pm
DynastyKing23 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:43 am I'm sitting on Gaskin myself. He was a throw in for part of a trade that involved me sending away James Connor mid-season. I tried to move him in the off season but noone wanted to buy, even though he put up crazy good numbers last season during our playoffs.

Then he survived free agency.
Then he survived round 1.
Then he survived round 2 and 3.
Then 4, 5 and 6.

I'm feeling pretty good in holding him atm. Happy noone accepted my trade offers to pluck him from my roster. I know the guy who rejected the idea of taking gaskin from me is sweating now knowing he paid way more for James Robinson instead who didn't survive day 1 of the draft 😄
Is he going to survive Malcolm Brown?
Ahmed looked good, too, both running and receiving. I thought he looked the best out of the 3, actually.
Yeah, Brown is the new Howard. He's not anything more than a minor pain to the other backs when he takes the 1 yard TD plunge.
Ahmed however, sounds like he took a step this year. It'll still likely be Gaskin as the leader of the RBBC to start (not unlike last year), but Ahmed will at least get Breida's 20-25% share, and I think he's a bigger threat than Breida last year to earn more playing time once he gets them.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:07 pm

Doaks cut
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06