WR's who break out in Year 1 are GOLD JERRY, GOLD!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: WR's who break out in Year 1 are GOLD JERRY, GOLD!

Postby ArrylT » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:34 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:11 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:42 pm As i'm reading over what I wrote, I realized that rookie receivers with 37+ YPG and over 75 PFF grade have never busted. They may not turn out to be studs but at least they don't bust.

Post 2015, I believe this is who would be in that group (leaving out the 80+ group, so 75-79);
Tee Higgins
Chase Claypool
Hunter Renfrow
Cooper Kupp
Juju Smith-Schuster

All the numbers point to Hunter Renfrow being a strong buy at his price.
Would be kind of cool if he ended up becoming something
I'd be quite happy if Renfrow keeps up his production. Currently on pace for 1200 yards. Obviously I do not expect that to happen but if he could get a 900-1000 yard season along with one from Edwards and Wallers 1100-1300, that would be :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: . The Raiders were quite upset by the hits he was taking so that suggests they want him to be heavily involved.

I could see Renfrow as the Raiders version of Kupp.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:48 pm

ArrylT wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:34 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:11 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:42 pm As i'm reading over what I wrote, I realized that rookie receivers with 37+ YPG and over 75 PFF grade have never busted. They may not turn out to be studs but at least they don't bust.

Post 2015, I believe this is who would be in that group (leaving out the 80+ group, so 75-79);
Tee Higgins
Chase Claypool
Hunter Renfrow
Cooper Kupp
Juju Smith-Schuster

All the numbers point to Hunter Renfrow being a strong buy at his price.
Would be kind of cool if he ended up becoming something
I'd be quite happy if Renfrow keeps up his production. Currently on pace for 1200 yards. Obviously I do not expect that to happen but if he could get a 900-1000 yard season along with one from Edwards and Wallers 1100-1300, that would be :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: . The Raiders were quite upset by the hits he was taking so that suggests they want him to be heavily involved.

I could see Renfrow as the Raiders version of Kupp.
Except the Rams don't have a TE with Waller. As long as Waller is there, he's basically the Alpha receiver. All else is secondary. Gruden loves spreading the ball around to the backs and WR's. It's great for real football, not ideal for FF. Can't argue with almost 500 yards of offense, but Edwards and Ruggs are never going to be target hogs in the current system, and Renfrow will be a 3rd down option, and occasionally thrown to on earlier downs, but he's not going to be the primary read on a ton of plays.

Renfrow is just a really good football player. He's savvy beyond his years on how to get open, and getting yards after the catch. He makes up for his athletic limitations with guile and natural sense of the game. He's not going to be great for FF, beyond a flex play when your team has injuries or a lot of bye's, IMO. I think he's just one of those guys who's more important to his real life team than your FF team. I'd love to be wrong an see him put up some really good numbers, though, trust me!
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:34 am

ArrylT wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:34 pm I could see Renfrow as the Raiders version of Kupp.
I see Renfrow as a cross between Emmanuel Sanders and Marvin Jones Jr. Always reliable, good route runner, makes tough catches. He's going to stick around forever and catch a ton of passes every year. And like them, he'll be undervalued by most of the fantasy community.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:36 am

Anteaters wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:34 am
ArrylT wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:34 pm I could see Renfrow as the Raiders version of Kupp.
I see Renfrow as a cross between Emmanuel Sanders and Marvin Jones Jr. Always reliable, good route runner, makes tough catches. He's going to stick around forever and catch a ton of passes every year. And like them, he'll be undervalued by most of the fantasy community.
Renfrow is nothing like Manny Sanders or Marvin Jones.

Closer to Cole Beasley (who is also probably underrated)