Need help can only keep 3 and draft is affected

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
wkbrd_99
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Need help can only keep 3 and draft is affected

Postby wkbrd_99 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:41 am

Regular scoring 12 team non- PPR league where we play 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, Team D and can only keep 3 players. Will lose draftspot for keepers based on where they were drafted last year.
LAst year's draft for players that i would consider keeping
RD1( M Turner)
RD2( A Rodgers)
Rd3(L Fitzgerald)
RD4(L McCoy)
RD9(Dez Bryant)
RD12(Roethlisberger)

I am struggling because I think it makes sense to keep McCoy, Bryant, and Roethlisber strictly because of value for when I drafted them and also that leaves me with a pick in each of my 1st 3 rounds. The problem is I am 6th in the draft order and if I let Turner go he will most likely be the best RB avilable(other teams will keep AP,CJ,AF,RR, and will go 1st pick so I will most likely get a lesser player with my round 1 pick (same problem by letting Rodgers go). The other delima is Rodgers is clearly a better choice at QB then Ben and since i drafted him in second rd there is good value because he is going in rd1 in most drafts.

I have also tried to trade M. Turner and A Rodgers for Arian Foster or J.Charles because of where they were drafted last year ( Draft order goes with player traded) but owners would not do it. even though they are getting 2 rd1 picks for 1 person(I don't understand their reasoning here but ohwell). Anyway any advice you have would be greatly appreciated

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Need help can only keep 3 and draft is affected

Postby Steelersfan » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:44 am

I would keep:

Fitz
McCoy
Ben

Good luck!

wkbrd_99
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby wkbrd_99 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:42 pm

The only problem is If I'm lucky maybe Steven Jackson or Frank Gore is available for my 1st pick. I think i woul have a better chance at letting Fitzgerald go and getting him back in rd 2 if needed. your thoughts?

meineymoe
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby meineymoe » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:17 pm

If you got McCoy in the 4th, I think there's a pretty good chance you'll get another future RB protect in the mid rounds... I also like your argument for Turner - I would not have a problem keeping him this year as he should have a decent season and help you to a winning season.... so, even though he might not be a popular dynasty choice, he's still a potential top tier RB for this season....

I'd keep Turner, Rodgers, and McCoy, and fill out my WR corp later as it's not PPR.

I can also see the argument for keeping Roethlisberger over Rodgers because of the draft value.... but I would not keep Fitz, even though he's a stud WR... I think there's a better chance of getting him back in the third round, or to get an AJ Green or Ryan Williams there.

-oo-