A very bad trade when changing from 1QB to 2QB league

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: A very bad trade when changing from 1QB to 2QB league

Postby ravn88 » Sun May 03, 2020 3:07 am

Dirty Mike&the Boys wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:07 pm As a Commissioner I would never get involved in a trade like that, because its shady....The trade was flat out unhealthy for the league. If the rebuilding owner quits, who is going to want to pay to take over that dumpster fire?

You should consult with other league members, and ask that it be brought to a vote.

The Commissioner and the other owner don't get to vote on the trade, if 50% or greater of the league votes against it, then the trade gets reversed. Just my .2.
I forgot one little detail. It was Accually our Co-Commish.
So im gonna talk to our Commish and ask him what he Thinks. I Will not get anywhere with our Co-Commish we are like Cats and dogs
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sun May 03, 2020 4:54 am

My biggest question was how you change to a super flex or two QB league without a new draft? It doesn’t work.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sun May 03, 2020 5:39 am

thebeast wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 4:54 am My biggest question was how you change to a super flex or two QB league without a new draft? It doesn’t work.
You would have to decide that you’re doing it like 2+ seasons in advance. So like if you decided now that you wanted to make the switch, then the switch would happen in 2022. Even then you’d have problems.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

smbkrypt24
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smbkrypt24 » Sun May 03, 2020 5:57 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:39 am
thebeast wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 4:54 am My biggest question was how you change to a super flex or two QB league without a new draft? It doesn’t work.
You would have to decide that you’re doing it like 2+ seasons in advance. So like if you decided now that you wanted to make the switch, then the switch would happen in 2022. Even then you’d have problems.
I agree with this. Even if you decide to go superflex 2+ years in advance. Those with young stud QBs (think Mahommes, Jackson, Watson) have an immediate advantage since they already own that QB and get the value increase for the reason only that the league is changing its starting requirements.
12 Team PPR Dynasty. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 D, 21 roster spots.

2013 Startup
Team 1- 3rd in 2023
QB: Herbert, B. Purdy, Fields
RB: Bijan, Barkley, Akers, Dobbins
WR: T. Hill, D. Johnson, JSN, Doubs, Meyers, Thomas, Toney
TE: Andrews, Likely, Dulcic

2024: 1.01, 1.07
2025: 1, 2, 2

2019 Startup
Team 2- 4th in 2023
QB: Murray, Cousins, Wilson
RB: Bijan, Kamara, Dobbins, Rodriguez
WR: Chase, G. Wilson, D. Adams, Di. Johnson, M. Wilson, W. Robinson, R. Rice
TE: McBride, Pitts, Kmet, Likely

2024: 1.01, 1.06, 1.08, 2.09
2025: 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3

2021 Startup
Team 3- 11th in 2023
QB: Goff, Watson, Cousins, Levis, Rodgers, Young
RB: Gibbs, Pacheco, Dobbins
WR: Chase, J. Jefferson, JSN, Palmer, Mooney, Tillman
TE: Schultz, Pitts, Likely, Okonkwo

2024: 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, 2.03, 2.06, 2.07, 2.10, 3.03, 3.06, 3.08
2025: 1, 2, 3

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Sun May 03, 2020 6:14 am

smbkrypt24 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:57 am
I agree with this. Even if you decide to go superflex 2+ years in advance. Those with young stud QBs (think Mahommes, Jackson, Watson) have an immediate advantage since they already own that QB and get the value increase for the reason only that the league is changing its starting requirements.
I was also very surpriced that our Co-Commish said that it will start right Away.

Maybe the best thing is to start over.

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 03, 2020 6:51 am

ravn88 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 6:14 am

I was also very surpriced that our Co-Commish said that it will start right Away.

Wait, did the league vote on this?

Did they set the time it was to change without consulting the league, and then this trade went down, before people could really understand the value adjustments?
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Sun May 03, 2020 7:03 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 6:51 am

Did they set the time it was to change without consulting the league, and then this trade went down, before people could really understand the value adjustments?
Yes It did.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 03, 2020 7:28 am

ravn88 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:03 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 6:51 am

Yes It did.
IF you are doing something like this, re starting the league is the best option, but if not, you need at least 2 years to shift it, if not. Changing it immediately is a terrible idea. Teams that go QB light because it's a 1 QB league are put at a MASSIVE disadvantage. It changes the entire context of the league.
Janiel Dones Truther

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Sun May 03, 2020 5:51 pm

The world is filled with Bush leagues like this. You fine DLF folk have found each other and learned how to elevate your standards and play in legit leagues. The original poster was wise to post his dilemma here and will learn from it (I hope). In a few years he will be laughing at similar posts as he’ll be saying “back in 2020 I left a similar trainwreck League...it was the best decision I ever made”.

Btw has anyone ever seen a commish who says “we’re changing the league to superflex” when their QB stable consists of Carr & Mariota?!?!? They usually wait until they’re loaded and QB and then lobby for the switch so they can fleece the rest of the leaguemates.

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Mon May 04, 2020 12:03 am

jordanzs wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:51 pm The world is filled with Bush leagues like this. You fine DLF folk have found each other and learned how to elevate your standards and play in legit leagues. The original poster was wise to post his dilemma here and will learn from it (I hope). In a few years he will be laughing at similar posts as he’ll be saying “back in 2020 I left a similar trainwreck League...it was the best decision I ever made”.

Btw has anyone ever seen a commish who says “we’re changing the league to superflex” when their QB stable consists of Carr & Mariota?!?!? They usually wait until they’re loaded and QB and then lobby for the switch so they can fleece the rest of the leaguemates.
We votet on the change to 2QBs..

The Co-commish had Mahomes and Dak as his only QBs.
Its the rebuilding guy who had zero Qbs and then trades Away 1.03 and 2021 1sts. While tankning now
Last edited by ravn88 on Mon May 04, 2020 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 04, 2020 12:06 am

ravn88 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:03 am
jordanzs wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:51 pm The world is filled with Bush leagues like this. You fine DLF folk have found each other and learned how to elevate your standards and play in legit leagues. The original poster was wise to post his dilemma here and will learn from it (I hope). In a few years he will be laughing at similar posts as he’ll be saying “back in 2020 I left a similar trainwreck League...it was the best decision I ever made”.

Its the rebuilding guy who had zero Qbs and then trades Away 1.03 and 2021 1sts. While tankning now
There's really no justification for the trade. Co Commish still has 2 top Dynasty QB's, so he benefits. You voted to change it, but seemed surprised it happened right away. Was the time of who to switch not discussed?
Janiel Dones Truther

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Mon May 04, 2020 12:15 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:06 am

There's really no justification for the trade. Co Commish still has 2 top Dynasty QB's, so he benefits. You voted to change it, but seemed surprised it happened right away. Was the time of who to switch not discussed?
When I made the proposal i said, lets just vote on this, we can always after, vote/figurer out when it should take effect.

Everyone who votet said Yes. Then he made the changes 2 weeks ago.
Then I asked if it was on purpose it took effect right Away.

He then answers with: It has to be done at some point might aswell be now. When people cant affect their teams.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 04, 2020 12:36 am

ravn88 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:15 am

When I made the proposal i said, lets just vote on this, we can always after, vote/figurer out when it should take effect.

He then answers with: It has to be done at some point might aswell be now. When people cant affect their teams.
This was a terrible process. It should have been very clear when it would take place before the vote. Typically it is done a few years later if people choose not to start the league over completely. I just personally would not trust the guy, and the guy who made the trade with him clearly has little understanding of Superflex values. The reality is, this trade was made for the benefit of the co commishes team, with little to no care to the negative affect it would have on the league. You guys have a real mess, but it seems to be your own fault.
Janiel Dones Truther

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Mon May 04, 2020 12:41 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:36 am
ravn88 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:15 am

This was a terrible process. It should have been very clear when it would take place before the vote. Typically it is done a few years later if people choose not to start the league over completely. I just personally would not trust the guy, and the guy who made the trade with him clearly has little understanding of Superflex values. The reality is, this trade was made for the benefit of the co commishes team, with little to no care to the negative affect it would have on the league. You guys have a real mess, but it seems to be your own fault.
True, but its my first time changing from a 1QB - 2QB.
In hindsight it should have stayed as is, and make a new League.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Mon May 04, 2020 12:48 am

what are you still doing in that league? well i can guess, you've got a very good team.

just go public and cause a stink over that horrible trade. try to rally the troops to get it reversed.

honestly i wouldn't care how good my team was, i can't be in a league like that, where the commish is a snake and tries to ruin the balance of the league in his favour.