Lamar trade post rookie draft

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Lamar trade post rookie draft

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Sat May 02, 2020 5:24 pm

This trade just went down in my SF league immediately following the conclusion of our rookie draft....

Lamar for:

Tua
Akers
Ruggs III
Aiyuk

Wanted to see everyone's opinions on this. The guy trading away Lamar is left with Tua & Goff as his only QB in a SF league. This trade equated to two 1sts and two 2nds based on where the players in the package were selected. Not a single known commodity coming back for a young stud QB....
12 TEAM SUPERFLEX, TE Premium, 25 man rosters
QB - | Rodgers | Herbert | Mills
RB - CMC | Chubb | Dobbins | Keaontay Ingram
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards
TE - M Andrews | Friermuth

2023 Picks: 1st round(2), 2nd round(2), 3rd round (2)

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Re: Lamar trade post rookie draft

Postby MattDeezy » Sat May 02, 2020 5:41 pm

Sure, LJax is the best piece currently, but this isn’t a bad trade by any means. Team getting 4 high upside picks back, I’d make this kind of trade depending on my team outlook.
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, AR, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jamo, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat May 02, 2020 5:53 pm

I don't hate it... The rookies are in my ranks as Tua 5 (could be 2nd easily though with SF), Ruggs 10, Akers 11, Aiyuk around 16ish. In a 12 team, that's an early 1st, 2 late 1sts, and a 2nd. Sure, they are unproven but if That and one of those WR hit he could easily win this deal.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat May 02, 2020 5:55 pm

Good trade. I just traded Drake (half a good season in his career) and 3 firsts, for CMC and a 2nd. Nothing really proven on the end I gave up, but I certainly wouldn't say I won the trade. The other guy was diversifying, and I was locking up a star player. Win/Win
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat May 02, 2020 6:45 pm

It's nice timing to sell LJax. His value likely will never be higher.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat May 02, 2020 6:50 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 6:45 pm It's nice timing to sell LJax. His value likely will never be higher.
Some people prefer to sell at peak value, others prefer to keep the production and sell later, when the value is lower but the got the production for longer. No right or wrong way to do it, just different strategies. Selling Barkley after year 1 would have been peak value, doesn't make it wrong to keep him. (Not disagreeing with you BTW) Just pointing out to the OP there is more than one way to skin a cat, so to speak.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat May 02, 2020 7:19 pm

On the surface this looks fine, but I'm looking at your sig. What are the lineups in this league?

Your sig makes it look like it's 1 each of QB, RB, WR, TE, Flex, SF. If that's the case, then this trade is a dumpster-fire, because Akers, Ruggs, and Aiyuk could all be worthless.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat May 02, 2020 8:54 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 7:19 pm On the surface this looks fine, but I'm looking at your sig. What are the lineups in this league?

Your sig makes it look like it's 1 each of QB, RB, WR, TE, Flex, SF. If that's the case, then this trade is a dumpster-fire, because Akers, Ruggs, and Aiyuk could all be worthless.
I think he just has it Bolded funny... No way Hock is his flex over guys like Ridley, Terry, Deebo

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Sat May 02, 2020 9:28 pm

Solid trade. I think the team giving up Lamar could have gotten a little more, but overall this is the type of trade you want to see.
Tm 1
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler, T tracey
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert, T johnson
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Tm 2
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 TE), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: Murray, Watson, Maye, McCarthy, R Wilson, howell
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus, Moss, Zeke,
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts, t Johnson, bell
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Tm 3
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2 TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Stafford, heinekie, flacco, browning
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Charb, Z White, R white, McLaughlin, wilson
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, watson
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Tm 4
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Tm 5
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Tm 6
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun May 03, 2020 7:55 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 6:50 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 6:45 pm It's nice timing to sell LJax. His value likely will never be higher.
Some people prefer to sell at peak value, others prefer to keep the production and sell later, when the value is lower but the got the production for longer. No right or wrong way to do it, just different strategies. Selling Barkley after year 1 would have been peak value, doesn't make it wrong to keep him. (Not disagreeing with you BTW) Just pointing out to the OP there is more than one way to skin a cat, so to speak.
I agree.

I also think that Lamar won't maintain his value. QBs that run like him don't last. Even Can has broken down. That's why I'd sell him now.

Barkley can maintain RB1 value due a couple years before a slow decline, so he's more a hold for me.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Mon May 04, 2020 8:41 am

MattDeezy wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:41 pm Sure, LJax is the best piece currently, but this isn’t a bad trade by any means. Team getting 4 high upside picks back, I’d make this kind of trade depending on my team outlook.
This is my fault for not including the teams outlook. The owner who had Lamar was a playoff team last year, and overall pretty solid (already had 2 great RB, and his WR3 was DJ Chark). The trade left him in a murky QB situation, which is why I was critical of it.

Looking back, I could (should) have included this information in my initial post. I get why everyone views this as equal value in a vacuum though.
12 TEAM SUPERFLEX, TE Premium, 25 man rosters
QB - | Rodgers | Herbert | Mills
RB - CMC | Chubb | Dobbins | Keaontay Ingram
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards
TE - M Andrews | Friermuth

2023 Picks: 1st round(2), 2nd round(2), 3rd round (2)