Playing SF with only one QB

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
Wizard
Role Player
Role Player

Playing SF with only one QB

Postby Wizard » Fri May 01, 2020 8:19 am

Has anyone played a season of SF with only one QB? How did it go? I've got Prescott as my only QB (along with Winston and Dalton, sigh). I've made attempts at trading for other QBs but the price is too high in my mind. So the question is, can it be done with one QB?
QB -Tom Brady, Nick Foles Deshaun Watson

RB - Kenyan Drake, Darrius Guise, Tevin Coleman, Leonard Fournett, Kareem Hunt, Justin Jackson, Jaylen Samuels, Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson Jr., Jordan Wilkins, CJ Anderson, Chris Warren,

WR - Davante Adams , T.Y. Hilton, Courtland Sutton, Devin Funchess, Doug Baldwin, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Callaway, J’Mon Moore, Dylan Cantrell, Keith Kirkwood, James Richie

TE - Zach Ertz, Harris Demetrius, Hayden Hurst

XclickX
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Playing SF with only one QB

Postby XclickX » Fri May 01, 2020 9:06 am

I’ve played a whole season with 1 qb in SF. This was when Cooks was in NE so a few years ago. It was full ppr and my wrs were stacked and I just started a WR at SF (Cooks was my SF as my 4th best WR). Kamara broke out that year ( his rookie year) and I finished with the most points scored in the league and was the 3 seed. 1 and done in the playoffs when Kamara went down on the first drive of the Thursday night game with a concussion. I don’t recommend it. I was extremely lucky with Kamara going ham and 4 top 15 WRs.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Fri May 01, 2020 9:20 am

It's doable, if you have a really stacked WR or RB room. Definitely not ideal.
But there is no reason to worry too much about your lineup in May, particularly when we don't even know when football will start back up again. Dalton may even be a starter by then anyway. In the meantime, grab as many QB stashes as you can in case there is an injury.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

the_future
All Pro
All Pro

Postby the_future » Sat May 02, 2020 11:42 am

I played in a 32 team (2 copy that mirrors NFL format) SF in 2017.

My only QB option was Josh McCown. While he had a strong season, he got hurt in week 14 (divisional season for playoffs) and scored me -.61 points that week. I went on to win the Super Bowl scoring a 0 from my QB slot the entire playoffs. I scored the most points of all 32 teams.

It was year 1 of the league and I basically loaded up on every position but QB. Had Bell and Gurley who both had the 1st and 2nd most points in the league. Also had strong wr and te groups with the best defense in the league.

It can be done with 0 qbs, just need to make sure the rest of the team is loaded.

LMS123
All Pro
All Pro

Postby LMS123 » Sun May 03, 2020 6:54 pm

Team that won out league the first 2 years (2016 and 2017) had only Bortles and Mariota so its certainly doable
Jake Fromm State Farm (12 team PPR SF)
QB: Purdy, ARich (TS), Levis (TS), Bagent, Hall, Rudolph, Fromm
RB: Roschon (TS), Allgeier, Hill, Demercado, McLaughlin, Mitchell, K. Harris, E. Wilson
WR: Addison, London, Jmo, Shaheed, Reed (TS), Pop D, Iosivas, C. Jones, Mooney, T. Palmer, Scott, Tucker, Austin, Gipson, Melton,
TE: Musgrave, Mayer (TS), Trautman, Gray, Jordan
2024: 1.01, 1.07, 2.04, 2.10, 2.11, 3.01, 3.06, 3.07, 3.11
2025: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4