2020 Plant your flag

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: 2020 Plant your flag

Postby ThunderTung » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:53 pm

straightcashhomie831 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:35 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:12 pm
ThunderTung wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:06 pm

my assessment really has nothing to do with why he's speaking out. Its about football. he is a diva, and this isnt the first example i've seen of it this offseason (he called out parker a few weeks ago too). His job is to play football, if he wants to jeopardize his relationship with his QB for a greater cause then good for him, more power to him. but it wont help him on the field and thats what were here to talk about.
This.
The MT hate isn't anything related to this. Of course he is allowed to have his opinion but he has shown himself beyond this issue to be volatile on Twitter. Hasn't translated to anything worrisome in real life yet but it is a fair criticism.
this is one of the times i actually think MT is right to share his opinion. I think BRees is too but maybe could have done it a bit differently? BRees put him in a spot where he HAD to speak up. MT's first response he kinda gave Brees a pass by saying "He don't know better." But RN with all this stuff going on that's not an excuse...Brees should know this. ANd this isn't something that just MT had a problem with...i will bet you most blacks on the team felt the same way. I think i read something where LeBron James is speaking about what Brees said...this shouldn't be about MT.

His job is to play football? you sound like that lady who told Lebron to shut up and dribble.
Missing the point. again, We're not talking about who is right or wrong. We're talking about how this will effect MT on the field. Calling your QB out, in public no less, is not going to help him on the field. I'm not here to discuss politics. Of course he has to right to speak out. Just like OBJ had the right to throw tantrums on the sideline in NY. But it effects them negatively on the field, thats literally all we're talking about.

We're not talking about Brees, his success isnt solely reliable on MT, he was good before he got there, and were def not talking about what Lebron thinks.

And yes, that is what his job is. We're here to talk about fantasy football. I dont get fantasy points for him speaking out on topics, We get fantasy points for guys like MT doing there jobs, and doing them well. If him speaking out against his QB effects that, im going to bring it up.

This isnt about politics. If thats what you wanna do, get on twitter
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:57 pm

well Brees stats might take a hit as well...i think Brees will do his best to continue to get MT the ball if he wants to win. I don't see BRees singling out MT when ALL the black players feel the same way about this. Brees will have a ton of patch work to do right...I bet he will do it too.

You think MT standing up for himself over an important REAL LIFE issue will hurt him in fantasy? I guess we will see. I think BRees will bow down and keep feeding him the ball.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:10 pm

straightcashhomie831 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:35 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:12 pm
ThunderTung wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:06 pm

my assessment really has nothing to do with why he's speaking out. Its about football. he is a diva, and this isnt the first example i've seen of it this offseason (he called out parker a few weeks ago too). His job is to play football, if he wants to jeopardize his relationship with his QB for a greater cause then good for him, more power to him. but it wont help him on the field and thats what were here to talk about.
This.
The MT hate isn't anything related to this. Of course he is allowed to have his opinion but he has shown himself beyond this issue to be volatile on Twitter. Hasn't translated to anything worrisome in real life yet but it is a fair criticism.
this is one of the times i actually think MT is right to share his opinion. I think BRees is too but maybe could have done it a bit differently? BRees put him in a spot where he HAD to speak up. MT's first response he kinda gave Brees a pass by saying "He don't know better." But RN with all this stuff going on that's not an excuse...Brees should know this. ANd this isn't something that just MT had a problem with...i will bet you most blacks on the team felt the same way. I think i read something where LeBron James is speaking about what Brees said...this shouldn't be about MT.

His job is to play football? you sound like that lady who told Lebron to shut up and dribble.
If you noticed I said the MT being a diva is beyond this issue and was known well before the Floyd situation--which I don't see having any relevance on his or Brees's production.

Someone theorized that MT could have an Odell-like arc based on that diva quality--shown in volatility on Twitter like the spat with DeVante Parker over something so minor.

I said nothing about whether Brees or MT is right or wrong

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:13 pm

straightcashhomie831 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:57 pm well Brees stats might take a hit as well...i think Brees will do his best to continue to get MT the ball if he wants to win. I don't see BRees singling out MT when ALL the black players feel the same way about this. Brees will have a ton of patch work to do right...I bet he will do it too.

You think MT standing up for himself over an important REAL LIFE issue will hurt him in fantasy? I guess we will see. I think BRees will bow down and keep feeding him the ball.
All i was saying is im starting to see a pattern of him being in the media, that and him coming off of what will probably be the best season of his career is concerning to me.

Im not claiming he's gonna be a dud this next season, but i am starting to get obj vibes from him. guys like that tend to start poisoning locker rooms, and teams dont put it up with it for very long.
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:19 pm

that's cool. Personally im about to start throwing out offers for him immediately lol...hopefully his owners are expecting the same OBJ type melt down like some are saying. I will definitely take him off their hands with no worries at all.

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:25 pm

The America Brees lives in is far different than the America MT lives in, the sooner guys like Brees understand that and have a real conversation with black players the better off we all will be. We all need to be open to these discussions without taking offense. I havent liked how MT has been acting lately but on this point he is correct, Brees needs to walk this back and do it Asap.

Anyway

My flags

Swift has a rookie year like CMC did on his rookie year, then goes onto be an RB1 in 2021
DK Metcalf 1100 yards 10 Tds
Michael Pittman becomes best Fantasy rookie WR this season
Tua>>>> Burrow
No Fans in stadiums for at least the start of the season makes every player look way better, especially QBs, and people make a ton of trades they regret later on.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:34 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:25 pm The America Brees lives in is far different than the America MT lives in, the sooner guys like Brees understand that and have a real conversation with black players the better off we all will be. We all need to be open to these discussions without taking offense. I havent liked how MT has been acting lately but on this point he is correct, Brees needs to walk this back and do it Asap.
Well said, strike that perfectly said.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:42 pm

We finally have some race and political talk on here, nice!

There was nothing wrong with what either of Bress or MT said. That’s what is beautiful. My guess is that they are both thoughtful, open minded dudes that realize this. No harm.

Now, on to religion.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:05 pm

Just can't seem to escape this stuff. Came here from Twitter and FB to do so for a bit. Futile choice that was.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:32 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:25 pmNo Fans in stadiums for at least the start of the season makes every player look way better, especially QBs, and people make a ton of trades they regret later on.
Some former players were arguing that no fans in stadiums will make defenses struggle (no crowd noise to confuse presnap calls) while offenses will rip them up.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Patsfan86 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:51 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:32 pm
Patsfan86 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:25 pmNo Fans in stadiums for at least the start of the season makes every player look way better, especially QBs, and people make a ton of trades they regret later on.
Some former players were arguing that no fans in stadiums will make defenses struggle (no crowd noise to confuse presnap calls) while offenses will rip them up.
Yes thats my point, sorry i should have said will make every Offensive player look better. If it lasts all season without any fans then we may have a real issue truly evaluating the 2020 rookies i think.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:56 pm

Patsfan86 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:51 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:32 pm
Yes thats my point, sorry i should have said will make every Offensive player look better. If it lasts all season without any fans then we may have a real issue truly evaluating the 2020 rookies i think.
Yeah, but the trade off is offences won't get the much needed reps, rookies, either. The lack of time in the off season hurts the offences a lot more. I've heard NFL guys discuss this side of it as well. No fans won't be making defences get ripped to shreds if the tradeoff is lack of off season preparations. I'd expect offences to struggle, especially early.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:07 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:39 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:35 am Drew Brees has just planted his. Yikes. I am going to say MT is not targeted nearly as much this year.... now. That team has a mess on their hands.
Eh...A mess for a few days probably--maybe a week.

I don't see it lingering as long as you seem to think
I am beginning to doubt that. It's going to get worse IMO. I think Brees has burned some bridges with his teammates. They may hug it out, but I have my doubts they'll ever see him the same way.

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/stat ... 5074694144

straightcashhomie831
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby straightcashhomie831 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:33 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:07 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:35 am Drew Brees has just planted his. Yikes. I am going to say MT is not targeted nearly as much this year.... now. That team has a mess on their hands.

I am beginning to doubt that. It's going to get worse IMO. I think Brees has burned some bridges with his teammates. They may hug it out, but I have my doubts they'll ever see him the same way.

bridges definitely burned...even E Sanders who is new to the team called Brees Ignorant. Kamara said something too. Looks like Jared Cook will lead them in recs this year! Im planting my flag here now!

Jared Cook 110 recs 1200 yds 10 tds!

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:43 pm

straightcashhomie831 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:33 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:07 pm

bridges definitely burned...even E Sanders who is new to the team called Brees Ignorant. Kamara said something too. Looks like Jared Cook will lead them in recs this year! Im planting my flag here now!

Jared Cook 110 recs 1200 yds 10 tds!
Brees should have retired. He's destroyed the reputation of a 20 year career. He'll be viewed as a great QB, but his reputation is now tarnished. Really too bad. The 4 minute version really hits home. He's crying through most of it. Too bad. Brees is a good guy, but he's not going to be viewed the same way by a lot of people, now.