Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:48 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:46 pm 18 Fumbles certainly is tangible and is concerning. He is a very good RB with speed but he doesn't hold the ball high and tight. This isn't his only flaw and it is something that can be fixed like T. Barber did back in the day but to discount this completely would be pretty foolish.

It's a red flag whether ones an advocate or not. One main reason IMO he slips to 4th best RB on many rankings.
His fumble rate is high, but at least 2 were not his fault. One was on an exchange that was credited to him, but was completely the QB's fault, another on a catch where he barely had possession and the defender just made an insanely good play hitting the ball, any RB would have fumbled it. I do not have the time or resources to watch them all, but although it is a concern, it's not a major one fo me.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:49 pm

Just found this, and it's very interesting. One of my knocks on CEH was his pass pro. According to this, the Chiefs use their RB's in pass pro very little. Really interesting article.

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/going ... ing-report

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:16 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:49 pm Just found this, and it's very interesting. One of my knocks on CEH was his pass pro. According to this, the Chiefs use their RB's in pass pro very little. Really interesting article.

That article is a nice find, particularly the rate at which RBs are asked to pass block.

Tangent: Rotoworld needs to quit with the ads & autoplay videos. I have ad blockers and some popups still get through on my phone. And I don't need to hear Mike Florio's voice this often. Make me dictator of this country and I'll get rid of autoplay videos.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:22 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:16 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:49 pm Just found this, and it's very interesting. One of my knocks on CEH was his pass pro. According to this, the Chiefs use their RB's in pass pro very little. Really interesting article.

That article is a nice find, particularly the rate at which RBs are asked to pass block.

Tangent: Rotoworld needs to quit with the ads & autoplay videos. I have ad blockers and some popups still get through on my phone. And I don't need to hear Mike Florio's voice this often. Make me dictator of this country and I'll get rid of autoplay videos.
LOL. Thanks, and that's a "Spiffy" avatar, you have, BTW.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:00 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:12 am
Lord_Varys wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:25 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:13 pm

I'm well aware of basic multiplcation tables. :wink:

Between Damien, Darrell, Shady and Darwin, they had 82 receptions last year. I think Damien still has a significant role next year, too.
Andy Reid does not target his running backs a ton. Certainly not as much as people think.

What he does do is scheme up very high impact rb targets. Early downs. Elaborate screens. It's quality, not quantity, and by the way he also always splits work.
KC targeted RB's 107 times last year with 80 plus % efficiency. No question they have a high quality passing game to RB's.

With CEH ability to run very well after the catch I could see them increasing a bit in this area. I project 60 receptions as a floor for CEH with plus 20 upside in receptions as a rookie.
I'm thinking more just about his separation and route running ability. Damien Williams has been a competent/capable pass catcher, but CEH on angle / texas / option routes ... one-on-one vs a middle linebacker ... as the WRs and threat of Mahomes clear everything else out .... I believe that CEH is rare in his ability to win that matchup and get himself wide open; and that this KC offense is rare in its ability to put that to good use.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:08 pm

Lord_Varys wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:00 pm
Ice wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:12 am
Lord_Varys wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:25 am

Andy Reid does not target his running backs a ton. Certainly not as much as people think.

What he does do is scheme up very high impact rb targets. Early downs. Elaborate screens. It's quality, not quantity, and by the way he also always splits work.
KC targeted RB's 107 times last year with 80 plus % efficiency. No question they have a high quality passing game to RB's.

With CEH ability to run very well after the catch I could see them increasing a bit in this area. I project 60 receptions as a floor for CEH with plus 20 upside in receptions as a rookie.
I'm thinking more just about his separation and route running ability. Damien Williams has been a competent/capable pass catcher, but CEH on angle / texas / option routes ... one-on-one vs a middle linebacker ... as the WRs and threat of Mahomes clear everything else out .... I believe that CEH is rare in his ability to win that matchup and get himself wide open; and that this KC offense is rare in its ability to put that to good use.
I think Joe Brady did a really good job of scheming him and Justin Jeffery into good matchups. Hard to tell how much of it was CEH (considering he showed none of this before 2019) and how much of this was scheme. I do expect Reid to maximize his skillset, so it's not really an issue considering he landed in KC

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:12 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:08 pm I think Joe Brady did a really good job of scheming him and Justin Jeffery into good matchups. Hard to tell how much of it was CEH (considering he showed none of this before 2019) and how much of this was scheme. I do expect Reid to maximize his skillset, so it's not really an issue considering he landed in KC
Joe Brady did a good job, but man, CEH has nasty cuts and ability to get loose on those routes.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:14 pm

Lord_Varys wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:12 pm
IZigUZag wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:08 pm I think Joe Brady did a really good job of scheming him and Justin Jeffery into good matchups. Hard to tell how much of it was CEH (considering he showed none of this before 2019) and how much of this was scheme. I do expect Reid to maximize his skillset, so it's not really an issue considering he landed in KC
Joe Brady did a good job, but man, CEH has nasty cuts and ability to get loose on those routes.
Have you seen my boy, Eno Benjamin?

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:01 pm

I know it's been talked about before, but Burrow himself called him the "best athlete he's played with" with literally zero hesitation.

Considering the other players on that list, it's a patently absurd claim - and yet, Burrow, who is clearly of level head and extremely sound football mind and IQ, still made it - and doubled down on it.

Clyde also came off the board first, over other prospects we once viewed as potentially generational (I remember the days of Swift 1.01) to a team with perhaps the brightest offensive mind in the NFL calling the plays, and the greatest QB in the NFL executing them - and Clyde was both of their personal picks, over anybody else.

At some point "what he did before 2019" should just be thrown out when the league tells you what it thinks of a player in such clear terms.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:11 pm

mild wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:01 pm
I know it's been talked about before, but Burrow himself called him the "best athlete he's played with" with literally zero hesitation.

Considering the other players on that list, it's a patently absurd claim - and yet, Burrow, who is clearly of level head and extremely sound football mind and IQ, still made it - and doubled down on it.

Clyde also came off the board first, over other prospects we once viewed as potentially generational (I remember the days of Swift 1.01) to a team with perhaps the brightest offensive mind in the NFL calling the plays, and the greatest QB in the NFL executing them - and Clyde was both of their personal picks, over anybody else.

At some point "what he did before 2019" should just be thrown out when the league tells you what it thinks of a player in such clear terms.
When the general fantasy community is already valuing him with complete disregard for his pre 2019 disappearing act, what incentive is there for me to ignore this red flag? I'll throw it out when he proves it in the NFL :)
Last edited by Sriracha on Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:43 pm

mild wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:01 pmI know it's been talked about before, but Burrow himself called him the "best athlete he's played with" with literally zero hesitation.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

AkaliWarrior
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby AkaliWarrior » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:47 pm

When I see a player with so much positivity, across the board, with almost no dissent, I'll do the head-fake and run the other direction. There are so many CEH truthers, that he's bound to fail. Even if it is up to the fantasy Gods, he's bound to be a middling talent or even a bust. Call it the Madden Cover curse of the fantasy community, but there is so much one-way love for this guy, that it's bound to come crashing down.

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:49 pm

AkaliWarrior wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:47 pm When I see a player with so much positivity, across the board, with almost no dissent, I'll do the head-fake and run the other direction. There are so many CEH truthers, that he's bound to fail. Even if it is up to the fantasy Gods, he's bound to be a middling talent or even a bust. Call it the Madden Cover curse of the fantasy community, but there is so much one-way love for this guy, that it's bound to come crashing down.
Not really. Consensus top rbs seem to pan out more often than not. Gurley, Zeke, Barkley, Jacobs to a lesser extent. His value certainly jumped from last year.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:07 pm

TheNuts wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:49 pm
AkaliWarrior wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:47 pm When I see a player with so much positivity, across the board, with almost no dissent, I'll do the head-fake and run the other direction. There are so many CEH truthers, that he's bound to fail. Even if it is up to the fantasy Gods, he's bound to be a middling talent or even a bust. Call it the Madden Cover curse of the fantasy community, but there is so much one-way love for this guy, that it's bound to come crashing down.
Not really. Consensus top rbs seem to pan out more often than not. Gurley, Zeke, Barkley, Jacobs to a lesser extent. His value certainly jumped from last year.
The last time we had a running back that looked like CEH go 1.01 it was 2013. The RB was Giovanni Bernard.

Zacsby
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Zacsby » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:41 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:07 pm
TheNuts wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:49 pm
The last time we had a running back that looked like CEH go 1.01 it was 2013. The RB was Giovanni Bernard.
His first 3 years actually weren't all that bad. I think prime Gio would have been a beast in KCs offense with Reid as his coach. But CEH has a much better BMI and I think is way more fit to run the ball in today's NFL than Gio was back then.
12 Team SF IDP
QB - Mahomes, Lawrence, Mac
RB - Etienne, Walker, Rhamondre, Javonte, Akers, CEH
WR - AJB, Waddle, Higgins, Gabe, Toney
TE - Andrews, ISJ
DL - Quinnen, Highsmith, Josh Allen
LB - Lloyd, JOK, Gay, Bush
DB - Winfield, Love, Delpit

14 Team 1QB IDP
QB - Fields, Jimmy G
RB - Henry, Kamara, Swift, Herbert
WR - Adams, Juju, Jakobi, Theilen