Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby Anteaters » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:12 am

mild wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:28 pm
willistylz1979 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:16 pm Thread quiet for obvious reasons but where does he go from here? It seems even before he injury he was being fazed out and relegated to the bench. What do you guys think happened? He actually looked pretty good earlier in the season and was scoring TD’s and getting some love in the passing game. Yes I’m an owner but it’s just strange how things have turned out before the injury. Is he done in KC, do they cut him after the season? Does he end up stuck playing back up behind whoever they draft/sign next season? Is this the end of CEH or does he end up somewhere else next season? I still believe if was on a different team things would be different. Maybe I’m just reaching for anything since I wasted 1.01 on him. I was convinced by the experts to take him over JT and still salty about it 🤬
I think what you're holding, in reality... is Nyheim Hines Vol. 2.

- Hasn't really shown a lot running through the line.
- Is, in theory, really good catching the ball.
- Could do serviceably well when given a full starter's workload on a good team (and we've sometimes seen that in KC)
- Would be out-played by any real long-term RB with juice/talent, and perhaps lesser talents too
Yeah, all of that. Best hope now is a new team with a spot open and the right HC/OC for CEH's skills - and hope that at best he can post Hines like stats. Or maybe Singletary-like stats. High hopes are out the window right now.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:41 am

I think CEH was a solid prospect, who was expected to be a player much different than what he was in college because of being overdrafted and going to the Chiefs. The Reid/KC RBs angle is so overexaggerated and CEH's hype being bloated over better players to the 1.01 broke it all.

I don't expect CEH to be an RB1 somewhere else, but I would love to see him go to a team where he can actually be used as a receiving back. To me it's still insane that he was only targeted 77 times in his first 23 games. Now he's down to 23 targets in 10 games this season.

I just don't think he ever got a real shot at playing his game.

willistylz1979
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby willistylz1979 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:28 am

What’s his contact situation? Is he basically stuck in KC for another season or 2? Maybe a trade candidate next season?
12 Team MFL Classic League PPR
1-QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1-3 TE, Flex RB/WR/TE
QB- Stafford, Bryce
RB- Swift, Pierce, Hunt, CEH
WR- A.J Brown, Diggs, Godwin, Flowers, Pickens, Mims, Beckham, Demario Douglas, Shakir, Wicks
TE- Freiermuth, Kmet, Mayer
Picks - 1.04 2.04 3.04

10 Team MFL Classic League PPR
QB: Herbert, Tua
RB: Barkley, Dillon, Achane, Akers, D.Harris
WR: Godwin, Jefferson, DeVonta, C.Watson, Ridley, Jamo, Sutton, E.Moore, M.Williams, Gabe D
TE: Kelce, Mayer
Own all my 24-25 Picks

10 Team MFL Classic League PPR
QB- Love, DJ
RB- Jacobs, J.Cook, Tank, Mattison
WR- Chase, Evans, Pittman, Bateman, Cooper, MT, Mike Williams, T.Burks, Skyy, G. Pickens, M.Wilson
TE- Laporta, Njoku
Own all my 24-25 Picks

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:34 am

willistylz1979 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:28 am What’s his contact situation? Is he basically stuck in KC for another season or 2? Maybe a trade candidate next season?
Rookie deal through 23. No way they give him a 5th year option for 24

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:43 am

Really feel like injuries played a major part in his downfall - not that he would've paid off as the 1.01 in rookie drafts. But I remember his first month or two his rookie season - looking like a legit starting RB. Hitting holes with confidence, making second-level defenders miss, etc.

He's suffered like half a dozen injuries to his lower body, from high ankle sprains to fractured hip (I believe) - and when you're not the most athletic RB pre-injury, those injuries can really de-rail a career.

While I can sympathize with NFL teams (KC in this case) missing on draft prospects, I never understand how they can mis-use players so much, particularly RBs. CEH was never going to project as a between-the-tackles, grinder - he was always best in space and coming out of the backfield. While he would never be half the player that Ekeler / Kamara are, that's the role he was best suited for: ~10-15 carries against light boxes and plenty of targets out of the backfield.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich