2020 NFL Draft - Reactions & Analysis

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: Stupid *&!@# Draft

Postby ericanadian » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:30 pm

The GM wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:51 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:42 pmNot to mention James Washington who hasn't showed much of anything and was basically outplayed by rookie Diontae Johnson last year.
I think this is more of a fantasy football reality than an NFL reality. I see this said but I think a lot of people are just repeating what they have seen others post. Last year in two-receiver sets James Washington played when JuJu was healthy.
It seemed to shift between the two, but ultimately, Johnson ended the season with 18 more snaps than Washington. You can point out Washington having one less game, but it wasn’t as clear as Washington being the guy on two WR sets.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

The GM
Captain
Captain

Re: Stupid *&!@# Draft

Postby The GM » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:49 am

ericanadian wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:30 pm
The GM wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:51 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:42 pmNot to mention James Washington who hasn't showed much of anything and was basically outplayed by rookie Diontae Johnson last year.
I think this is more of a fantasy football reality than an NFL reality. I see this said but I think a lot of people are just repeating what they have seen others post. Last year in two-receiver sets James Washington played when JuJu was healthy.
It seemed to shift between the two, but ultimately, Johnson ended the season with 18 more snaps than Washington. You can point out Washington having one less game, but it wasn’t as clear as Washington being the guy on two WR sets.
Yes, Johnson led the team in receptions (59) and receiving touchdowns (5) but Washington led the team in receiving yards (735) and average per catch (16.7). Only JuJu and Washington had 100 yard games (1 per).

And then THIS ARTICLE from 4/9 Ben Roethlisberger seems to go out of his way to mention Washington and barely mentions Johnson:
“I thought James Washington really took some big steps in terms of his conditioning,” Roethlisberger said. “You kind of are able to see some of the small things when you’re on the sideline that you wouldn’t normally see when you’re in the huddle or on the field.”

“I saw James Washington on numerous occasions, multiple times a game, run deep routes — obviously full-speed, looking for the ball — doesn’t get it, and he is like sprinting back to the huddle and runs another route, said Roethlisberger”

Now this is just one article but I like seeing the perspective of the guy that may be throwing the ball and has watched film.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Re: 2020 NFL Draft - Reactions & Analysis

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:09 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:52 pm
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:37 am Lazard remains WR2 by default. MVS will never be used by Rodgers. He's burned that bridge with his terrible play. ESB missed all of last year so I wouldn't say you can write him off completely, but the chances are slim after they brought in Funchess. ESB will elevate to WR3 once Funchess goes on IR week 4. Calling it. Sadly.

I understand why they didn't go with a WR in the draft because they want to see these core progress, but you have to cut tie when the ship is sinking.
They didn't go WR because the draft was deep with 4 star talent, not 3 star. They chose Love over a WR in round 1, and by the time they drafted AJ Dillon the only 4 star WR prospect left was Bryan Edwards -- who they didn't like for some reason; maybe they were scared off by the foot injury/inability to check out his health because of COVID-19.
It was also scheme. LaFluer wants that power style offense which is why he picked the bowling ball Dillion and 5+ linemen. I'm not opposed to the choices they made, albeit they are a bit of a gut-shot to Rodgers doing much this year. Who says bringing in another young Rook would've done the trick though too. Chemistry still has to be built imo. I just don't think MVS is an answer and they could've gambled on a different 5/6th round dart that might pick up the offense faster than the snail pace MVS has.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:36 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:09 pm
IZigUZag wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:52 pm
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:37 am Lazard remains WR2 by default. MVS will never be used by Rodgers. He's burned that bridge with his terrible play. ESB missed all of last year so I wouldn't say you can write him off completely, but the chances are slim after they brought in Funchess. ESB will elevate to WR3 once Funchess goes on IR week 4. Calling it. Sadly.

I understand why they didn't go with a WR in the draft because they want to see these core progress, but you have to cut tie when the ship is sinking.
They didn't go WR because the draft was deep with 4 star talent, not 3 star. They chose Love over a WR in round 1, and by the time they drafted AJ Dillon the only 4 star WR prospect left was Bryan Edwards -- who they didn't like for some reason; maybe they were scared off by the foot injury/inability to check out his health because of COVID-19.
It was also scheme. LaFluer wants that power style offense which is why he picked the bowling ball Dillion and 5+ linemen. I'm not opposed to the choices they made, albeit they are a bit of a gut-shot to Rodgers doing much this year. Who says bringing in another young Rook would've done the trick though too. Chemistry still has to be built imo. I just don't think MVS is an answer and they could've gambled on a different 5/6th round dart that might pick up the offense faster than the snail pace MVS has.
Given that their WR2 is Allen Lazard I don't think the rookie in this class would've had too much trouble. Personally think Bryan Edwards is a perfect fit for Rodgers, but eh. Gabriel Davis/Tyler Johnson woulda been my choice for them on day 4, but they're more fliers than a WR they absolutely need to take.

I got a close up of LaFleur last year when he was the OC for the Titans. I don't doubt they're trying to become a run first team.

I'm also pretty certain that he's an incredibly overrated offensive mind who thinks he's way smarter than he actually is.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:10 pm

Green Bay........OUCH

Giving a 4th round to move up 4 spots in the 1sts for a backup QB seems beyond foolish given the needs of the team. They must hate Rodgers and are looking for a way out.

They could have helped this team but instead they drafted
1) Backup QB round 1
2) RBBC RB round 2
3) Back up TE round 3
4) Traded away to take a Backup in round 1

Worst draft I have seen in a while if they really expect Rodgers to play 3 more years. He just signed a huge 4 year extension in 2018 and signed though 2023.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:42 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:10 pm Green Bay........OUCH

Giving a 4th round to move up 4 spots in the 1sts for a backup QB seems beyond foolish given the needs of the team. They must hate Rodgers and are looking for a way out.

1) Backup QB round 1
2) RBBC RB round 2
3) Back up TE round 3

Worst draft I have seen in a while if they really expect Rodgers to play 3 more years. He just signed a huge 4 year extension in 2018 and signed though 2023.
Especially given they moved ahead of teams with QB already...

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:12 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:42 pm
Ice wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:10 pm Green Bay........OUCH

1) Backup QB round 1
2) RBBC RB round 2
3) Back up TE round 3

Especially given they moved ahead of teams with QB already...
The thought process was that if GB is "smart" enough to want a back up QB to an all time great the other teams might be that smart too...

/s

They stupid AF, if they didn't luck into 2 top 10 all time QBs they would be a trash organization, and it's really starting to show
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06