Thoughts on Rashaad Penny?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Thoughts on Rashaad Penny?

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:09 pm

The guy was breaking out 2 years ago when he shredded his knee, and essentially lost the next year from the injury. Too bad he couldn't stay healthy, because we are seeing he that explosiveness again. Hope he can stay healthy and get a decent 2nd contract.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Pyro_6138
Starter
Starter

Postby Pyro_6138 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:45 pm

Spent what I had left of my FAAB on him after the Texans game. Been picking up guys who could end up with new teams or starting roles on their own teams (Rojo, Mack, etc).

He's got the Jets and Cards left to finish up the season which aren't exactly great run defenses, I could see him finishing the season well and earning the starting job heading into next season.
10 team .5pt PPR 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1TE, FLEX, 4DL, 4LB, 4DB

QB- Josh Allen, Garoppalo, Wentz, Pickett
RB- Swift, Josh Jacobs, CEH, Breece, Penny, Pacheco, Josh Kelley, Drake, Keontay Ingram, Hubbard
WR- Godwin, DJM, Cooks, Aiyuk Jeudy, Juju, Reynolds, Pickens,
TE- Andrews, Ertz, Jordan
DL- Leonard Williams, Payne, Ojulari, Franklin-Myers, Tuitt, Greenard,
LB- Shaq Thompson, Anthony Walker, Myles Jack, JOK, Kirksey, Oweh, Ernest Jones, Kyzir White
DB - Jessie Bates, Micah Hyde, Jalen Thompson, Quandre Diggs, Moehrig, Kareem Jackson, Gardner-Johnson

10 Team 4 Keepers IDP, 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2WR/TE, 2IDP Flex, 2DL, 3LB 2DB

QB - Mayfield, Carr, Zach Wilson
RB - Chubb, Najee Harris, Ronald Jones, Michel
WR - Hopkins, OBJ, Claypool, Pittman, Sutton, Chase, Rondale Moore
TE - Kittle, Higbee
DL/ LB - Bosa, Shaq Barrett, Reddick, Chubb, Jabril Peppers, Landry, Jaelan Phillips
DB - Byard, Bates, Horn

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:06 pm

Still don’t think he’s very good. He is a replacement level guy who like Rojo could be solid for a few games per year if the deck of cards lies just right
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:08 pm

Can't believe I'm writing this but Penny helped me get a win this week and get to the finals.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:54 pm

Definition of unreliable but makes for good trade bait.

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:21 pm

steelman wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:08 pm Can't believe I'm writing this but Penny helped me get a win this week and get to the finals.
Ditto. And he’s on the list for that last flex spot again in the finals.
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:13 pm

If he finishes the season with solid play, and maintains his health, it's likely he'll get a 1-year "prove it" offer to stay in Seattle. He's done enough to warrant that. The situation with Carson's neck is also unclear and a concern moving forward. The question then becomes, does another team want to beat whatever Seattle proposes for a contract.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:09 pm

I can't wait to recoup some value on this guy on the back of what I suspect is going to be his best month of football as a pro
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:16 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:09 pm I can't wait to recoup some value on this guy on the back of what I suspect is going to be his best month of football as a pro
He's looking good. This is what he would have been doing had he not torn his knee. He was breaking out, and that major knee injury really derailed the career trajectory.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:15 pm

I was a truther for so long but dropped due to injuries. Was able to pick him back up before he blew up and even started him this week. Fantasy is wild

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:36 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:09 pm I can't wait to recoup some value on this guy on the back of what I suspect is going to be his best month of football as a pro
I'm in a similar boat, but I'm also low-key excited to see where he ends up next season. If he goes ring-chasing and joins a proper contender, the juice could be worth the squeeze.

Put him on, say, Arizona - and they don't add any further help. That's a guy that could challenge Connor and Edmonds for the job.

I too look forward to the forthcoming sell window. He cost me my 3-peat in the semis this year... if I'd started any other RB but him, I'd have taken it. :wall:

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:42 pm

I'm more inclined to sell. He turns 26 in February, so it's not like his value is going to shoot up a whole lot more. His injury history + question marks about the direction of Seattle would make me start shopping.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:01 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:42 pm I'm more inclined to sell. He turns 26 in February, so it's not like his value is going to shoot up a whole lot more. His injury history + question marks about the direction of Seattle would make me start shopping.
He's an Unrestricted Free Agent, Seattle declined his 5th year option months ago.

I would imagine a lot of your potential suitors will wait to see where he ends up in Free Agency before giving you any capital of note. It would take a brave individual to buy him at any real value right now without knowing his 2022 situation.

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:37 pm

Penny isn't worth anything. What are you going to sell him for that will help you? I doubt I could even get a 3rd right now.

The dude has serious potential when he plays. He just helped me win a championship. He can sit on my bench when he's injured and in my starting lineup when he plays, because he produces when given the rock.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:51 am

just like as right before the ACL tear, he's showing why he went so high in the draft. he's big and fast, has some wiggle and finds the hole, can rip a big one at any time. i've held onto him since my startup draft 4 seasons ago, and i'll likely keep him until he retires, as i doubt i'll get anything for him (injuries, old, etc...). in a 14 teams 1QB, non-ppr league, i'd rather have him than an early 2nd, and i doubt very much i'd even get that offer, let alone more. he can be productive with around 15 touches, and he can go mental if he gets more. i'd put a fiver on him staying in seattle, but i wouldn't mind another destination.