Thoughts on Rashaad Penny?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

If I had a dime for every PENNY lover ...

Postby cazzie33 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:06 am

...that had PENNY as the 2nd RB taken I might have a dollar now :snooty:

Waiting to see how many saw that one coming . Rawls,Prosise,A. Collins, C. Carson, M. Davis and now R. Penny in the last 3 years have all took a turn as the "next big thing" in Seattle.

It is easier for a dromedary from South Bend to be seen passing through the Space Needle than for a Seahawks RB to attain the heights of his profession. Or so it has been said something like that :crazy:

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Wow, Penny to the Seahawks

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:22 am

I've really come around on Penny, and I think this absolutely cements his value in the early 1st of rookie drafts. We'll see where other players land.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: If I had a dime for every PENNY lover ...

Postby Jason3123 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:26 am

None of those guys are supposed to be as good as Penny. I am not a Penny tout but there were numerous people who had him as their 2nd or third RB. Most of those guys in Seattle are scrubs. Prosise is the only real unknown because he’s avtually played well in his limited games. Penny is an instant 200+ carry RB and could easily be a 300+ touch player in Y2 and the only thing that matters for fantasy is opportunity.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:29 am

Instant 200+ carries. Especially with Marty there now. Will be getting a lot of touches in the future as the rest of those bums on their depth chart drop out of the league. All that matters in fantasy is opportunity and he’s about to get a ton.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:30 am

Jason3123 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:29 am Instant 200+ carries. Especially with Marty there now. Will be getting a lot of touches in the future as the rest of those bums on their depth chart drop out of the league. All that matters in fantasy is opportunity and he’s about to get a ton.
Agreed, there's not another back in Seattle who will realistically be any competition.

Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:51 am

Can't see how being picked in the first round is anything but a huge positive.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:52 am

They could've got this dude in the 2nd or 3rd wth were they smoking
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

Mephistopheles
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mephistopheles » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:54 am

Sad how that organization has become a clown show in the draft since they lucked into Russell Wilson.
Almost like Ted Thompson is back running it.
They left at least 4 good OL on the board or traded back in the 2nd, gotten more picks which they need and still drafted him.
PSA - Haggling is NOT the same as negotiating.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:17 am

I think they reached, but at least you know they're committed to him as their starter moving forward. That's more than you could've said for the turnstile of replacement RBs they've trotted out the past 2-3 years.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:36 am

Rawls, Carson, Prosise and Davis have all flashed behind that line for brief periods. Penny is a superior prospect to all of them. Full speed ahead baby.

xlur8ed
Role Player
Role Player

Postby xlur8ed » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:40 am

Whether Penny is good or not, whether he was drafted by Seattle in the 1st or 4th, whether he was the 2nd RB taken or the 8th... it doesn't change the fact that offensive line is horrendous. Take into account the fact the defense has been absolutely shredded and this won't allow for much positive excitement for Penny. They likely will rarely play with a lead, and they really lack outside weapons to avoid stacked boxes.

Penny could be a stud, but this isn't a situation to get excited about for quite a while...as in a few years at minimum.

Personally he jumped Michel for me (I will never ever use a 1R on a Patriots back), but he remains in the 1.04-1.06 range at this moment.
Team 1: 24 Team Superflex - RB/WR 1.0PPR - TE 1.5PPR - 2 Copy
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 1SF, 3Flex
QB: Wilson, Stafford, Blough, Keenum
RB: Zeke, Gordon, Carson, Mack, Michel, White, Trayveon Williams
WR: KAllen, Kupp, Kirk, ESanders, Jeffery, PWilliams, TWilliams, RRidley, Coutee, Boykin, KCole
TE: Hooper, Olsen, Jonnu Smith, Uzomah, Akins, Alie-Cox, JReed

Team 2: 10 Team - 0.5PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex
QB: Rodgers, Brady, Herbert
RB: CEH, Bell, Connor, Guice, Ingram, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, OBJ, Sutton, Higgins, Aiyuk, ESanders, PWilliams, Perriman, ABrown, VJefferson
TE: Kelce, Higbee

Team 3: 12 Team Superflex - 1.0PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SF, 3Flex
QB: JAllen, Rodgers, Brady, Mullens
RB: Zeke, Bell, Henry, DJohnson, JWhite, JJackson, BLove
WR: Adams, Kupp, Edelman, DJohnson, Jeffery, PWilliams, AMiller, PCampbell, CBeasley, Hamler, TJohnson
TE: Kelce, Hooper, Olsen, Rudolph, Uzomah

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:44 am

pierson242 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:52 am They could've got this dude in the 2nd or 3rd wth were they smoking
That's what it seemed like at first glance but they don't have a 2nd round picks and reports are coming out now that several teams were interested in him that were coming up in the next few picks.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

ManhattanProject
Rookie
Rookie

Postby ManhattanProject » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:47 am

Everyone is talking about the bad o-line but just last year the same things were said about cook and the vikings. Point is things change fast in the NFL. Penny has talent and opportunity, what more can you ask for? Few if any players get perfect landing spots.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:47 am

xlur8ed wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:40 am Whether Penny is good or not, whether he was drafted by Seattle in the 1st or 4th, whether he was the 2nd RB taken or the 8th... it doesn't change the fact that offensive line is horrendous. Take into account the fact the defense has been absolutely shredded and this won't allow for much positive excitement for Penny. They likely will rarely play with a lead, and they really lack outside weapons to avoid stacked boxes.

Penny could be a stud, but this isn't a situation to get excited about for quite a while...as in a few years at minimum.

Personally he jumped Michel for me (I will never ever use a 1R on a Patriots back), but he remains in the 1.04-1.06 range at this moment.
Eh, a lot of the teams that need a RB have a terrible line. Bucs, Colts, Giants. Lack of competition and a team that is more committed to him than any RB other than Barkley alongside a coach that seems to prefer using one back when he can find a good one. And they're already raving about how much they loved his receiving ability which should mitigate the worries about the defense some as Penny looks like he will still be used in comeback mode.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:56 am

I'd much rather have Penny tied to a superior QB for the foreseeable future and a bad O-line than someone with a bad QB and good O-line. Russ can help take pressure off the O-line with his feet. If Penny can catch the ball there should be a solid floor every week for him.