Joe Mixon Thread: 4 Year extension in Cincy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Mixon to the Hall of Fame

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:38 am

IBall2 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:07 am I think situation matters more for RB than WR but as others have said, situation changes a lot in football so I'm usually not so worried about it. I haven't read all 25 pages of this thread but a few recent situations come to mind, Example: David Johnson's situation seems to have swung wildly from decent, to great, to awful and now back to just an average situation over the course of his career. Kamara was drafted into a good NFL situation but poor FF situation behind Ingram but that worked out well for him. Chubb was drafted into a bad NFL situation and bad FF situation buried behind Hyde/Duke Johnson and on a 1-31 Browns team but that is the complete opposite of what we see now in year 2.
Yeah it's not as cut and dry as people say. I remember people saying Penny was going to an awful situation because of the O-line, yet both he and Carson averaged over 4.5 YPC. The line ended up not being as bad as ppl said. So if you were staying away because of the perceived bad situation (Carson just kind of came out of nowhere) then you'd have been wrong. Parris Campbell went to a "great" situation with Luck and then Luck retires. Chubb was stuck behind Hyde and Duke and then they're both traded. But then they sign Hunt and we'll see how that works out later in the year.

I totally agree that situation dictates a lot, but many times we don't know what the situation will be by the time a player gets there.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:41 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:38 am
IBall2 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:07 am I think situation matters more for RB than WR but as others have said, situation changes a lot in football so I'm usually not so worried about it. I haven't read all 25 pages of this thread but a few recent situations come to mind, Example: David Johnson's situation seems to have swung wildly from decent, to great, to awful and now back to just an average situation over the course of his career. Kamara was drafted into a good NFL situation but poor FF situation behind Ingram but that worked out well for him. Chubb was drafted into a bad NFL situation and bad FF situation buried behind Hyde/Duke Johnson and on a 1-31 Browns team but that is the complete opposite of what we see now in year 2.
Yeah it's not as cut and dry as people say. I remember people saying Penny was going to an awful situation because of the O-line, yet both he and Carson averaged over 4.5 YPC. The line ended up not being as bad as ppl said. So if you were staying away because of the perceived bad situation (Carson just kind of came out of nowhere) then you'd have been wrong. Parris Campbell went to a "great" situation with Luck and then Luck retires. Chubb was stuck behind Hyde and Duke and then they're both traded. But then they sign Hunt and we'll see how that works out later in the year.

I totally agree that situation dictates a lot, but many times we don't know what the situation will be by the time a player gets there.
I agree and I am generally a talent over situation guy too, but the thing people leave out of these unknown and quickly changing situations is that we often don't know as much about the talent as we think we do either.

People spent a long time blaming situations for Trent Richardson and told us to just trust in the talent. As it turned out, the talent was actually the problem. We see this over and over again every year, though obviously to not as large a gulf in perceived talent as we had with Richardson.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:45 am

Vcize wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:41 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:38 am

I agree and I am generally a talent over situation guy too, but the thing people leave out of these unknown and quickly changing situations is that we often don't know as much about the talent as we think we do either.

People spent a long time blaming situations for Trent Richardson and told us to just trust in the talent. As it turned out, the talent was actually the problem. We see this over and over again every year, though obviously to not as large a gulf in perceived talent as we had with Richardson.
I think I've seen enough from Mixon to know that the talent is there. That's where we obviously disagree. And if your main argument is that Mixon can't be that talented because Gio has looked good when Mixon has missed time, I'm not sure that's enough for me to assume he's any less talented than I originally thought.

dipANDglide
All Pro
All Pro

Postby dipANDglide » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:10 pm

Mixon is a massive talent with bellcow upside. BUYING

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:35 pm

I'm really torn on Mixon. There are people who are hardcore believers who really think his talent is top-5, and people who think he's a bust with no vision. I think the reality is somewhere in between. That line is going to cripple him, at least this season, maybe next as well.
I wouldn't be selling him, considering the upside if they can land some linemen next off-season. But I'm not buying him either.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:11 pm

notweswelker wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:35 pm I'm really torn on Mixon. There are people who are hardcore believers who really think his talent is top-5, and people who think he's a bust with no vision. I think the reality is somewhere in between. That line is going to cripple him, at least this season, maybe next as well.
I wouldn't be selling him, considering the upside if they can land some linemen next off-season. But I'm not buying him either.
I really like Mixons talent and won’t sell him. But Cincy has been such a disaster historically that I don’t see him getting in a better situation unless he switches teams.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:55 pm

On the bright side he's only turned 23, and does not have that much tread yet - so we should have ample opportunity to see how this plays out.

Gio Bernard may not be an elite back, but like many players, he is good enough to get the job done - otherwise he wouldn't be on an NFL Roster for so long. I am however in the camp that one player doing well is not alone evidence that another player is good/bad.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:07 pm

I was happy to see that Mixon improved as a football player this week - YPC says so!
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:15 am

He should get 4-6 targets every week, It'll probably never happen though.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:09 am

AussieMate wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:15 am He should get 4-6 targets every week, It'll probably never happen though.
Absolutely.

In terms of starting RBs in the NFL, he’s a top 6 pass catcher ability-wise. Only guys I would rank above him are CMC, Saquon, and Kamara, and probably David Johnson and Bell.
Last edited by lukkynumber13 on Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:08 am

AussieMate wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:15 am He should get 4-6 targets every week, It'll probably never happen though.
and this is literally the only reason his situation is bad.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:22 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:09 am
Absolutely.

In terms of starting RBs in the NFL, he’s a top 5 pass catcher ability-wise. Only guys I would for sure rank above him are CMC and Kamara, and probably David Johnson and Bell.
Philip Lindsay.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:24 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:22 am
lukkynumber13 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:09 am
Absolutely.

In terms of starting RBs in the NFL, he’s a top 5 pass catcher ability-wise. Only guys I would for sure rank above him are CMC and Kamara, and probably David Johnson and Bell.
Philip Lindsay.
Lindsay is fine but I honestly don’t see anything special with his receiving chops.

I feel like because of his body type, we sort of EXPECT him to be a flashy and smooth receiver but I don’t see that as one his primary tools in his toolbox. That dude is amazingly electric with the ball in his hands tho.
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:40 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:24 am
lukkynumber13 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:09 am Absolutely.

Philip Lindsay.
Lindsay is fine but I honestly don’t see anything special with his receiving chops.

I feel like because of his body type, we sort of EXPECT him to be a flashy and smooth receiver but I don’t see that as one his primary tools in his toolbox. That dude is amazingly electric with the ball in his hands tho.
No Barkley in that list???
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:18 pm

TimeWillTell wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:40 am
lukkynumber13 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:24 am

Philip Lindsay.

No Barkley in that list???
I apologize, total brain fart on my part. Yes he’s obviously in that first tier.
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/