Christian McCaffrey Thread: CMC Extension

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
bobmcgff52
Rookie
Rookie

Re: White elephant in the room

Postby bobmcgff52 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:49 am

This whole post is stupid. He obviously is going get a a chance to show what he can do on the field. White, Black, or Orange, if you can help a team win you will be playing.
Zeke & Destroy 15 year,10 Team, Full Dynasty League -3 round Rookie/FA Draft - .5 ppr

QB (Start 1): Drew Brees, Marcus Mariota
RB (2): Zeke, David Johnson, Jamall Williams, Peyton Barber, CJ Anderson, Darius Guice-IR
WR(3): AJ Green, Amari Cooper, Adam Theilen, Marquise Goodwin, Keelan Cole, John Ross, Chris Godwin, Kenny Golladay
TE(1): Jordan Reed, Ricky Seals-Jones, Eric Ebron & David Njoku
K: Matt Bryant
DEF: Chargers

2019 Draft: Late 1st, 2 Late 2nds

gi15
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gi15 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:24 am

Peak and rightly used woodhead is a top5 fantasy PPR RB, so if thats his sealing its pretty freaking awesome. Even if he's a rich man theo riddick he'd be top10. And he just need to get used right. Dont need a great oline or QB. So no need to fear a Gurley situation. Can you say the same for fournette?

McCaffrey is the safest prospect in this year's draft.
12 Teams Superflex PPR - TE Premium
Québec City Hip Birds 2016-2017 CHAMPION
QB(1-2) - A.Luck - C.Newton - T.Brady - T.Bridgewater - J.Brissett
RB(2-3) - E.Elliot - S.Barkley - M.Gordon - A.Jones
WR(2-4) - M.Evans - O.Beckham- C.Davis - John Brown - C.Kupp - C.Godwin - K.Coutee - T.Smith
TE(1-3) - T.Kelce - C.Herndon- R.Seals-Jones

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:34 am

gi15 wrote:Peak and rightly used woodhead is a top5 fantasy PPR RB, so if thats his sealing its pretty freaking awesome. Even if he's a rich man theo riddick he'd be top10. And he just need to get used right. Dont need a great oline or QB. So no need to fear a Gurley situation. Can you say the same for fournette?

The problem with those type of players is that their production is driven by gameflow. Meanwhile, players like Gurley and Fournette ARE the gameplan.

Riddick has 3 games with 50 or more receiving yards. 7 games below.
Riddick has 2 games with 50 or more rushing yards. 8 games below.

Sure you can start them in PPR, but the floor isn't really as stable as you think.

gi15
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gi15 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:41 am

Cameron Giles wrote:
gi15 wrote:Peak and rightly used woodhead is a top5 fantasy PPR RB, so if thats his sealing its pretty freaking awesome. Even if he's a rich man theo riddick he'd be top10. And he just need to get used right. Dont need a great oline or QB. So no need to fear a Gurley situation. Can you say the same for fournette?

The problem with those type of players is that their production is driven by gameflow. Meanwhile, players like Gurley and Fournette ARE the gameplan.

Riddick has 3 games with 50 or more receiving yards. 7 games below.
Riddick has 2 games with 50 or more rushing yards. 8 games below.

Sure you can start them in PPR, but the floor isn't really as stable as you think.
I expect him to be much better than Riddick and Woodhead though
WR(2-4) - M.Evans - O.Beckham- C.Davis - John Brown - C.Kupp - C.Godwin - K.Coutee - T.Smith

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:43 am

Danny Woodhead had 30 BMI coming out of college (he was a shade less than 200lbs at 5'8" then, approximately same as now), and rushed 1,135 times for 7,962 yards, including 2700 in one season. That's just rushing yards.

McCaffrey's BMI is currently around 26. Victor Cruz presently has more mass than Christian McCaffrey.

Don't equate McCaffrey to Woodhead, please. Woodhead, like Sproles, probably could've been just fine as a 20-carries-a-game RB in the NFL, but teams just didn't want to give either of them the chance, for reasons that weren't particularly scientific.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

gi15
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gi15 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:46 am

ninotoreS wrote:Danny Woodhead had 31 BMI coming out of college (he was 200lbs at 5'8" then, same as now), and rushed 1,135 times for 7,962 yards, including 2700 in one season. That's just rushing yards.

McCaffrey's BMI is currently around 26. Victor Cruz presently has more mass than Christian McCaffrey.

Don't equate McCaffrey to Woodhead, please. Woodhead, like Sproles, probably could've been just fine as a 20-carries-a-game RB in the NFL, but teams just didn't want to give either of them the chance, for reasons that weren't particularly scientific.

I cant wait to see officials measurements, I don't believe McCaffrey is really 6'0, wondering what weight he'll be at the combine.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:48 am

Well, if he proves to be heavier I'll upgrade my prospects for him in the pros. I think he's great, as I've said, but right now he looks like more of a Randall Cobb or something than a 3-down pro RB.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:58 am

ninotoreS wrote:Well, if he proves to be heavier I'll upgrade my prospects for him in the pros. I think he's great, as I've said, but right now he looks like more of a Randall Cobb or something than a 3-down pro RB.
I don't see that at all. He's way quicker and shifter. Dude has moves in the open field like Reggie Bush
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Re: Christian McCaffrey: Why not?

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:12 am

I'm only comparing him to Cobb in the sense that they're both tweeners physically coming out of college. No other aspect.

Bush is as logical as it gets for a comparison too, but still doesn't quite fit. There isn't really an accurate pro parallel for McCaffrey right now relative to his height/weight/skillset + college production. He's built and moves like a slot-receiver -- Bush was the same at USC, btw -- but he carried 337 times last year. Even Bush didn't come close to that at USC. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Either McCaffrey's production at Stanford was a Wisconsin-esque RB-stats-factory red herring, or he's something unprecedented. Realism suggests the former is more likely.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:33 pm

But he'll be a nice bump in some team's return game while catching a couple passes on third down. I'd expect nothing from him in year one. Maybe a flash in the pass game.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:34 pm

I am sure he will slip in some rookie drafts to late first due to some of these concerns and I will jump on it. Ppr he will be fine and you never know how good he becomes. 1.05 it depends on how my team looks and obviously his landing spot.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:46 pm

Bruiser wrote:But he'll be a nice bump in some team's return game while catching a couple passes on third down. I'd expect nothing from him in year one. Maybe a flash in the pass game.
How do you figure that? Do you project him as a much later pick than where he's being mocked? Or do you see him converting to WR?

If he stays at RB, and gets drafted in the first 50 picks, IDK how he doesn't get pretty solid usage in his rookie year. Derrick Henry would be the closest thing to what you're saying IMO, and even he has gotten decent work considering he's playing behind one of the leading rushers this year
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

TheSpidersFromMars
Starter
Starter

Postby TheSpidersFromMars » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:54 pm

I think he'll be somewhere in between Jeremy Langford, Theo Riddick, Charcandrick West, Andre Ellington, Mike Gillislee, and Charles Sims (I know he's bigger, but he doesnt run like it).
12 team 0.5 ppr 25 man roster: 1 QB 2 WR 2 RB 1 TE 2 WR/RB/TE Flex

QB: Cam, Ryan
RB: Howard , CJA, Ware, Hill, Gio, Smallwood, D. Washington, Ellington, Gillislee, J. Williams
WR: Julio, Hopkins, KB, Cobb, Stills, C. Meredith, M. Mitchell,
TE: Gronk, Bennett, Maxx, Fiedorowicz
DST: Cardinals

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:42 pm

Best-case-wildly-optimistic scenario, McCaffrey is a lighter version of OJ Simpson with much better receiving ability. I know y'all probably think it's goofy to go back that far for a comparable, but Simpson's rushing style and McCaffrey's really are kind of similar, and they were both leaner and lighter for their height than you'd like to see for a feature-back, built more like WRs than RBs, but still somehow managed monster workload seasons.

More likely, of course he's, uh, I dunno, I guess considering all factors Reggie Bush as a comparable does indeed work as well as any other I can think of.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

bruiser
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bruiser » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:17 am

lukkynumber13 wrote:
Bruiser wrote:But he'll be a nice bump in some team's return game while catching a couple passes on third down. I'd expect nothing from him in year one. Maybe a flash in the pass game.
How do you figure that? Do you project him as a much later pick than where he's being mocked? Or do you see him converting to WR?

If he stays at RB, and gets drafted in the first 50 picks, IDK how he doesn't get pretty solid usage in his rookie year. Derrick Henry would be the closest thing to what you're saying IMO, and even he has gotten decent work considering he's playing behind one of the leading rushers this year
I really don't back up this assessment with any real numbers/evidence. I watched a few of his runs, and I just generalize/compartmentalize what I see. It could be way off base, but I don't study RBs as I am zero-RB approach to building my rosters because my rosters are IDP.

I make generalizations about incoming RBs and I place more emphasis on their situation they get drafted to. It's safe to assume that today's NFL teams are stocking up on three or four committee backs; Dallas is an aberration. McCaffrey's return skills are impossible to ignore, so I do project him to be involved right away - a la David Johnson's rookie season. Reggie Bush was also mentioned.... not a bad comp, imo.
Just a guy who loves fantasy football - specifically defense.