Duke Johnson's worth now

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Duke Johnson

Postby remedy29 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:27 pm

Regardless of the potential Keke injury, Duke Johnson is going to get plenty of playing time to show what he can do. This is a great landing spot for Duke, who is a talented RB.

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:34 am

FantasyDumDum wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:44 am
dynastyninja wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:41 am Ah, good, glad we could get back to the important FPPT metric. I was worried it wouldn't be brought up.
Obviously you are also trolling, as again, the mods clearly encourage. But yes, FPPT is BY FAR(and it isn’t close) the most important and useful stat for RBs in fantasy.
What the actual fluk

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:32 am

Ryantacular wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:34 am
FantasyDumDum wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:44 am
dynastyninja wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:41 am Ah, good, glad we could get back to the important FPPT metric. I was worried it wouldn't be brought up.
Obviously you are also trolling, as again, the mods clearly encourage. But yes, FPPT is BY FAR(and it isn’t close) the most important and useful stat for RBs in fantasy.
What the actual fluk
This just in Tarik Cohen is the rb1 overall

breadtree
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby breadtree » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:21 am

Was offered a 2020 2nd rounder for Duke after acquiring him a couple of weeks ago in a trade for Chase Edmonds. Thinking of countering and asking for that pick and a 2021 2nd rounder as well. Thoughts? This is the first year of the league, so tough to tell where the pick will land.

My other RBs are pretty weak having concentrated on WR in the startup.

Anderson, Rodney
Barber, Peyton
Davis, Mike
Hill, Justice
Hyde, Carlos
Johnson, Duke
Penny, Rashaad
Riddick, Theo
Wilkins, Jordan

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:26 am

I'd rather hold Duke. Lamar Miller will likely be gone next season. You'll play this year without Duke (a likely useful flex) for the benefit of entering next year with a second rounder...as opposed to entering next year with (my prediction) Duke Johnson in the lead of a committee with a rookie. I'd rather have Duke in the lead of a committee in that offense than a second rounder, so why give away Duke's usefulness this year at that price?

trc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby trc » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:47 am

Valhalla wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:26 am I'd rather hold Duke. Lamar Miller will likely be gone next season. You'll play this year without Duke (a likely useful flex) for the benefit of entering next year with a second rounder...as opposed to entering next year with (my prediction) Duke Johnson in the lead of a committee with a rookie. I'd rather have Duke in the lead of a committee in that offense than a second rounder, so why give away Duke's usefulness this year at that price?
So all in all you'd command a future 1st if selling?
With the hype of the 2020 class that just seems highly unlikely going to happen.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:55 am

I think what he is saying is that it would take an overpay to get him to part with him. Nothing wrong with that. Knowing his value, seems like he would hold but sell if someone was desperate.

A 2020 2nd seems right value wise but i wouldnt sell for that either.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:21 am

trc wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:47 am
Valhalla wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:26 am I'd rather hold Duke. Lamar Miller will likely be gone next season. You'll play this year without Duke (a likely useful flex) for the benefit of entering next year with a second rounder...as opposed to entering next year with (my prediction) Duke Johnson in the lead of a committee with a rookie. I'd rather have Duke in the lead of a committee in that offense than a second rounder, so why give away Duke's usefulness this year at that price?
With the hype of the 2020 class that just seems highly unlikely going to happen.
I don't think anyone is giving a future 1st for Duke straight up. I think Duke+2020 2nd for 2020 1st is what I'd be trying to move Duke for right now.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:02 am

trc wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:47 am
I'm saying I believe Duke has a decent probability to be worth two seconds next offseason...maybe more if they don't add another strong RB. So why not use him this season?
It all depends on the depth of the roster. If you won't ever play Duke, then yeah you might as well sell. Pick value doesn't have the risk of injury.

ManuManu
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ManuManu » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:29 pm

I just got Duke straight up for Ballage.
Team 1, 10-team 0.5-PPR
QB (1): Richardson, Watson, Purdy
RB (2-3): Walker, Swift, Dobbins, R. White, Mitchell, Gainwell
WR (3-4): Hill, Godwin, Aiyuk, Flowers, N. Collins, Doubs, M. Wilson, Shakir
TE (1-2): McBride, Goedert, Okonkwo

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:16 pm

Alfred Blue had 170 touches last year. Duke feels like a good bet for 1,000 yards, a bunch of catches and handful of TD

Wizard
Role Player
Role Player

Duke Johnson's worth now

Postby Wizard » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:15 am

The Texans paid a 3rd round last year to get him so the thought was he would get used a lot but that didn't happen. He still totaled about 900 yards between rushes and catches but now Texans made the worst trade of all time and have David Johnson. What are you thoughts on Duke's value now. Some think he's a buy low since David Johnson looked so bad there is the thought that Duke will take over for him. How much would you pay to get Duke?
QB -Tom Brady, Nick Foles Deshaun Watson

RB - Kenyan Drake, Darrius Guise, Tevin Coleman, Leonard Fournett, Kareem Hunt, Justin Jackson, Jaylen Samuels, Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson Jr., Jordan Wilkins, CJ Anderson, Chris Warren,

WR - Davante Adams , T.Y. Hilton, Courtland Sutton, Devin Funchess, Doug Baldwin, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Callaway, J’Mon Moore, Dylan Cantrell, Keith Kirkwood, James Richie

TE - Zach Ertz, Harris Demetrius, Hayden Hurst

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Re: Duke Johnson's worth now

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:32 am

Wizard wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:15 am The Texans paid a 3rd round last year to get him so the thought was he would get used a lot but that didn't happen. He still totaled about 900 yards between rushes and catches but now Texans made the worst trade of all time and have David Johnson. What are you thoughts on Duke's value now. Some think he's a buy low since David Johnson looked so bad there is the thought that Duke will take over for him. How much would you pay to get Duke?
I don't think this team knows how to utilize pass catching RBs. I don't have a ton of hope for Duke any more.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:43 am

The Texans clearly don't think he's the main RB they want, so it'll be DJ or a committee approach.

He's not a free agent until 2022, so I'd have a tough time rostering him for that long in hopes of a better situation. I'd say he's a sell-low unless you have very deep rosters.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:02 am

He's worth about the equivalent of a stick of bubble gum. That old bubble gum that you use to get in sports card packs, that would cut the inside of your mouth because it was so hard and it broke when you bit it and turned into glass like shards in your mouth.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".