DJ Moore, WR, Carolina: Worried about Robby Anderson?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dvpkwys
Captain
Captain

Re: D.J. Moore is fast, too fast

Postby dvpkwys » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:32 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:03 pm
dvpkwys wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:52 pm Big deal. Young kid being stupid. No news.
Just because you have him on your FF team doesn't mean it can't be discussed. He is lucky it did not turn out differently.

Danny Heatley in the NHL killed his teammate heavily speeding, and Derrick Thomas and Chris Henry both lost their lives, in automobiles. to name a few that didn't turn out so well.
Huh? Having him on my team would promote me discussing him. I just don’t think a speeding ticket is cause for concern. Obviously stupid, but he’s young and probably just got his new car with a pay day. He has no prior incidents, went right to the Panthers brass, and the cop was quoted as saying Moore “was polite and cooperative”. It will be reduced, he will pay the ticket and it will be done. Something like drinking and driving would be a whole other issue.
10 Team - NON PPR (5 Round Rookie Draft) - Start 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 4DB, 4LB/DL/DB

Burrow/Howell (Murray, Geno)
Taylor/Swift (Sanders, Conner, Gibson, Miller, Spears Lenny)
Adams/Godwin/Higgins/McLaurin (DJ Moore, Hopkins, Tillman)
Kelce (Hockenson)
Budda/Holland/Blackmon/Minkah (Sydney Brown)
Bosa/Bernard/Okereke/EJones (Elliss)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:45 am

dvpkwys wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:32 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:03 pm
dvpkwys wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:52 pm Big deal. Young kid being stupid. No news.
Just because you have him on your FF team doesn't mean it can't be discussed. He is lucky it did not turn out differently.

Danny Heatley in the NHL killed his teammate heavily speeding, and Derrick Thomas and Chris Henry both lost their lives, in automobiles. to name a few that didn't turn out so well.
Huh? Having him on my team would promote me discussing him. I just don’t think a speeding ticket is cause for concern. Obviously stupid, but he’s young and probably just got his new car with a pay day. He has no prior incidents, went right to the Panthers brass, and the cop was quoted as saying Moore “was polite and cooperative”. It will be reduced, he will pay the ticket and it will be done. Something like drinking and driving would be a whole other issue.
I suppose, I just remember what happened with Danny Heatley (NHL) and what can happen. He was going a lot slower than Moore was, too.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/heatle ... h-1.488636
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

CubfanAA
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby CubfanAA » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:36 am

I am disappointed by the number of people here saying this is no big deal. As somebody who knows multiple people who work on roadcrews going that fast through a work zone IS a hugely big deal. People get killed while just doing their job because of people doing this. Going 15 - 20 mph over the speed limit is one thing. Going 113 mph in a work zone is a whole other level of stupid and reckless and nobody should make it sound like no big deal. I'm not saying he should be kicked out of the league or necessarily have any NFL penalty for this, but I don't believe he should ever be allowed to drive again (even though he will).

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:07 am

On a moral level, he was reckless and endangered others' lives unnecessarily.

Idiot 21-year-old and all, but that's not an excuse.

That said, this means nothing to me from a fantasy or dynasty perspective.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:09 am

CubfanAA wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:36 am I am disappointed by the number of people here saying this is no big deal. As somebody who knows multiple people who work on roadcrews going that fast through a work zone IS a hugely big deal. People get killed while just doing their job because of people doing this. Going 15 - 20 mph over the speed limit is one thing. Going 113 mph in a work zone is a whole other level of stupid and reckless and nobody should make it sound like no big deal. I'm not saying he should be kicked out of the league or necessarily have any NFL penalty for this, but I don't believe he should ever be allowed to drive again (even though he will).
It could be labeled a workzone with no workers or equipment there. I have no idea if that was the case in his particular situation but it could be. I got a ticket for 50 in a 30 in a residential zone a long time ago on a street that had no (and I mean zero) houses, businesses or anything on it and it looked like a damn highway. The judge thought I was careening down neighborhood streets weaving in and out of kids on big wheels or something

dvpkwys
Captain
Captain

Postby dvpkwys » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:32 pm

CubfanAA wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:36 am I am disappointed by the number of people here saying this is no big deal. As somebody who knows multiple people who work on roadcrews going that fast through a work zone IS a hugely big deal. People get killed while just doing their job because of people doing this. Going 15 - 20 mph over the speed limit is one thing. Going 113 mph in a work zone is a whole other level of stupid and reckless and nobody should make it sound like no big deal. I'm not saying he should be kicked out of the league or necessarily have any NFL penalty for this, but I don't believe he should ever be allowed to drive again (even though he will).
You're right, it is a big deal. From a fantasy football standpoint, it is not a big deal, that was my point.
10 Team - NON PPR (5 Round Rookie Draft) - Start 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 4DB, 4LB/DL/DB

Burrow/Howell (Murray, Geno)
Taylor/Swift (Sanders, Conner, Gibson, Miller, Spears Lenny)
Adams/Godwin/Higgins/McLaurin (DJ Moore, Hopkins, Tillman)
Kelce (Hockenson)
Budda/Holland/Blackmon/Minkah (Sydney Brown)
Bosa/Bernard/Okereke/EJones (Elliss)

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:02 pm

Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

notweswelker
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby notweswelker » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:07 pm

CubfanAA wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:36 am I don't believe he should ever be allowed to drive again (even though he will).
I'm really glad you're not in charge :crazy:

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:15 pm

0LDMAN wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:07 pm
CubfanAA wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:36 am I don't believe he should ever be allowed to drive again (even though he will).
I'm really glad you're not in charge :crazy:
X2
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Portsmouth Spartans
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

DJ Moore vs 2019 Class

Postby Portsmouth Spartans » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:03 pm

My league goes RB heavy in rookie drafts so I may have the chance to trade a projected top 8 pick in 2019 for DJ Moore in the back half of the 1st round. How does the 2019 class stack up vs Moore?

I’m not in desperate need of a WR but want to build some high quality WR depth. The 2019 pick is not my own, so I have the chance of making a run this year and getting a high end pick next year.
10 team standard, keeper with 5-year option contracts (remaining years in parentheses, $5 per additional year when extended), $200 salary cap. Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE
2015, 2017 Champs

QB: Jackson ($8 3yr+extension)
RB: Mixon ($5 1yr+extension), Chubb ($5 2yr+extension), Sanders ($5 3yr+ extension), Michel ($5 1yr+extension), Guice ($5 2yr+extension)
WR: Godwin ($1 2yr+extension), AJ Brown ($3 3yr+extension), Chark ($8 3yr+extension), M. Brown ($3 3y +extension), Isabella ($3 3yr+ extension)
TE: Kittle ($3, 2yr+extension), Henry ($1 2yr+extension), Goedert ($1 3yr+extension)

2020: 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 2.01, 2.04, 2.10
2021: 1 1st
2022: 2 1st
2023: 1 1st

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: DJ Moore vs 2019 Class

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:02 pm

Portsmouth Spartans wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:03 pm My league goes RB heavy in rookie drafts so I may have the chance to trade a projected top 8 pick in 2019 for DJ Moore in the back half of the 1st round. How does the 2019 class stack up vs Moore?

I’m not in desperate need of a WR but want to build some high quality WR depth. The 2019 pick is not my own, so I have the chance of making a run this year and getting a high end pick next year.
Supposed to be WR heavy, light at RB. But a lot of things can happen. DJ Moore is a first round NFL pick with elite metrics. Some good looking WR prospects next season, for sure, though.

Some names to look up.

N'Keal Harry
DK Metcalf
Bryan Edwards
AJ Brown
Kelvin Harmon

All these guys are bigger WR's. 6 ft 2-6 ft 4. AJ Brown is only 6 ft 1, but 220 pounds, he's a stocky, possession type guy who can make plays after the catch, ala Anquan Boldin. DK looks like he could be a monster if he progresses. He's got speed and size, as does Kelvin Harmon. Bryan Edwards has good route running and ball skills/YAC. He looks legit to me. N'Keal Harry is a physical WR who wins at the catch point, in the same mold Dez did, when he was good. Not saying these guys will be as good as Dez or Boldin, just trying to give an idea of the type of game they play.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Patsfan86
All Pro
All Pro

Tell me about .... Dj Moore

Postby Patsfan86 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:35 am

Recently acquired this guy, I admittedly know very little about him or really any of the rookies this season since I didn't have any draft picks and did very little research. From the very little I read I like him, its just Carolinas offense that scares me a bit. So whats he all about?

heyfeefellskee
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Tell me about .... Dj Moore

Postby heyfeefellskee » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:02 am

First round pick in the NFL draft

Thought of as one of the top WRs in the draft both by NFL and Dynasty folks alike

What specifically do you want to know?

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:13 am

You want Devin Funchess to leave in free agency and for DJ Moore to flash a little bit this year. Panthers offense doesn't typically support multiple consistently fantasy relevant receivers at the same time. Good news, my Panthers fan friend believes that Funchess would have already been extended if it was going to happen.
Last edited by btv802 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:13 am

Don't know what you are looking for either but this might help:
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/d.j.-moor ... 270f370fe4