Gordon for 1.1?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Which side?

Gordon
No votes
100%

Total votes: 52

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Re: Gordon for 1.1?

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:23 am

tommymct wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:16 am
Goddard wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:14 am
tommymct wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:00 am

I offered an early 2nd for Gordon and the owner was absurdly insulted (he's in a rebuild).

I think all the Gordon owners out there are colluding on these boards to try and pump up the value!!! 8-) :lol:
I mean, a 2nd is a pretty terrible offer for Gordon.
I was surely fishing I will admit. I can't envision paying more than a late first at most tho. Everyone is just projecting him to land on the Chiefs or Falcons, while there's a loaded draft class coming in an he has a ton of tread on his tires. I'm certainly on the low end of his value but the people wanting a Top 4 pick for him seem lost to me.
Anyone thinking he's going to KC or especially Atlanta clearly has no understanding of the salary cap. The Falcons are extremely strapped against the cap and will not be in position for making a large purchase on a RB when they have far greater needs on defense and can get a quality RB far cheaper/younger/healthier/better upside throughthe draft. Meanwhile KC just gave big contracts to Clark Hunt and Tyreek Hill, and will be signing Mahomes to a mammoth deal this offseason most likely.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:26 am

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:23 am
tommymct wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:16 am
Goddard wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:14 am

I mean, a 2nd is a pretty terrible offer for Gordon.
I was surely fishing I will admit. I can't envision paying more than a late first at most tho. Everyone is just projecting him to land on the Chiefs or Falcons, while there's a loaded draft class coming in an he has a ton of tread on his tires. I'm certainly on the low end of his value but the people wanting a Top 4 pick for him seem lost to me.
Anyone thinking he's going to KC or especially Atlanta clearly has no understanding of the salary cap. The Falcons are extremely strapped against the cap and will not be in position for making a large purchase on a RB when they have far greater needs on defense and can get a quality RB far cheaper/younger/healthier/better upside throughthe draft. Meanwhile KC just gave big contracts to Clark Hunt and Tyreek Hill, and will be signing Mahomes to a mammoth deal this offseason most likely.
Yeah, I haven't seen anyone project him to go to KC or even Atlanta. The most common one I've seen is Tampa and have even heard that there's a chance he stays in LA.

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:32 am

I don't see him having much of a market, especially if Henry hits the open market too and makes him the #2 RB available. I would agree TB or LAC seem the most likely, with maybe Buffalo or Indy getting involved. Would be very out of character for Indy, but they have an absurd amount of cap space and if it's a deal they can get out of easily after 1 year they might consider it.

Dizzle
Starter
Starter

Postby Dizzle » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:33 am

MOST. LOPSIDED. POLL. EVER!!!!

icy2
Rookie
Rookie

Postby icy2 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:08 pm

with this years draft class 1.01 side for me
Team 1: Dynasty (8 years in) 1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,2Flex,1K,1DL,1LB,1DB
12-Team/0.5 PPR/No TEP
QB: Purdy, Howell, Baker, Darnold,
RB: Mixon, J Taylor, T Spears, M Carter, Hasty, J Mason, K Ingram
WR: DJ Moore, Chase, G Wilson, M Brown, AJ Brown, London, J Downs
TE: Fant, Njoku, Freiermuth, LaPorta, B Jordan
K: Myers, Moody, Joseph
DL: Buckner, C Young, Hendrickson, Payne
LB: R Smith, Warner
DB: D James, Poyer, Mathieu, J Owens

24 Picks:

Team 2: Dynasty (11 years in) 1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,2Flex,1K,1TD (2022 Champ)
12-Team/PPR/No TEP
QB: Jimmy G, B Young, T Lance, Minshew
RB: J Taylor, Jacobs, Etienne, Pacheco, Penny, J Wilson, Z White, J Mason
WR: Deebo, AJ Brown, A St-Brown, Bateman, JSN, Jam Williams, T Marshall, Pierce, Downs
TE: Kittle, H Henry, Freiermuth, D Washington
K: Carlson, Moody
Def: Niners

24 Picks: