Keke Coutee - what did thou ever do to thee?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Keke Coutee

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:09 am

ninotoreS wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:46 am Hard for me to say, because I suspect the ridiculous hamstring thing has validly damaged his market value.

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm inclined to assume the endless issue he had with it this year was a fluke, so I want to judge him just on what he did when he was active this year. That refers back to what I described previously -- I foresee Coutee as a potential 80-100 receptions complement to Nuk in a Texans offense doing its best impression of the late-oughts Patriots (before Nuk fans object, note this means I'm paralleling him to Moss :wink:).

So, for that what-I-believe-to-be plausible possibility in the cards, I would pay a late 1st. I'm probably in the minority, however.
I just took him ahead of 1.09 in a startup, so I'm with you. 2 things. He is in an offense with WR's (Hopkins/Fuller) who demand attention and playing slot around them bodes well for coverage purposes. The 2nd. The Texans have already incorporated multiple plays specifically to get Coutee the ball. If he stays healthy, I completely agree with the upside of your assessment.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:59 am

I don’t dislike the guy but sheesh, I guess I’m lower on him than most if this thread is indicative of his value. Nuke and Fuller would soak up more targets I’d think easily, and that’s not accounting for the possibility of more added competition through the draft/FA as well. I mean they did trade for DT this season, so I’m not sure you could say they won’t add.
Decent prospect to me, I’d have him as a mid 2nd value maybe. No way I’m paying a 1st. If that means I’d never own him, I’m fine with that at theses prices.

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:15 am

they didn't trade for DT until Fulller went down for the year and they were desperate to stay relevant in the playoff/title chase. DT is not a part of their long term plans regardless of his contract

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:05 pm

grandmabetty wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:15 am they didn't trade for DT until Fulller went down for the year and they were desperate to stay relevant in the playoff/title chase. DT is not a part of their long term plans regardless of his contract
Why do you say that? It seems to me that he’d function as a great third complimentary receiver to Nuk and Fuller.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:15 pm

DT's injury is potentially a de facto career-ender, considering his age, his declining performance, the nature of the injury, and the timing of the injury in late December. It probably torpedoes his 2019's prospects, because he's unlikely to be ready to play again before the next season starts, or even soon after it starts.

To retain an injured player that they can't even count on playing again in 2019, Houston would have to pay DT 14 million, and he doesn't remotely justify that degree of pay, even if he weren't injured. He also has zero dead-cap hit if they cut him, if I'm reading spotrac.com correctly.

DT did basically nothing for Houston after they gave up a pick for him. Deserved or undeserved, I imagine this could make him a sort of persona non grata to Houston's front-office as they consider their options this offseason. He was a gamble they made, and it faceplanted. That's gonna leave a bitter taste.

And it's not as if DT's performance and age -- nevermind a major injury that's hard for young players to come back from much less a 31 y/o -- make him an appealing asset to anyone right now.

My guess: DT will be cut, then he'll go unsigned until he can pass a physical. After that point, I can see a team desperate for WR help signing him for cheap mid-late season 2019, or in 2020 during the off-season.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:15 pm

sugbear65 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:59 am I don’t dislike the guy but sheesh, I guess I’m lower on him than most if this thread is indicative of his value. Nuke and Fuller would soak up more targets I’d think easily, and that’s not accounting for the possibility of more added competition through the draft/FA as well. I mean they did trade for DT this season, so I’m not sure you could say they won’t add.
Decent prospect to me, I’d have him as a mid 2nd value maybe. No way I’m paying a 1st. If that means I’d never own him, I’m fine with that at theses prices.
Super young, 86th percentile speed, 66th percentile agility. The fact he's already produced two ten plus catch games in a small amount of playing time, one being a playoff game, is a good sign. I should mention I took him in the 8th round of a startup (14 team), ahead of the 1.09, but I also did not pick again for 3 rounds after that, and have no other shares of him. Decided to take a swing at him over a later first. He's in a prime situation, has shown to be be really productive, and I have no idea what 1.09 this year gets me. I'd prefer to buy at a 2nd, but I would not sell for that.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Janiel Dones Truther

dizzler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dizzler » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:27 pm

I traded the 2.4 in a rookie draft for Coutee a few days ago and I don't think I'll ever lose sleep over missing on that pick for the guy.
Team 1 - Super Kamario Bros (12 Team - PPR) ( QB -1 , RB -2 , WR - 2, Te -1, FLX - 1, SuperFLX - 1, DP - 2, K- 1)
QB -Wentz, Newton, Ryan, Haskins (R)
RB -Zeke, Kamara, Drake, Ballage; Thompson, Ajayi
WR - D Hopkins, Julio, A. Miller, Coutee, AJ Brown (R) , Marvin Jones, Mclaurin (R),
Te -Delanie, Ebron, Oliver (R)
2020:3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Kerryon Luggage (12 Team - 2TE PPR) ( QB -1 , RB -2 , WR - 2, Te -2, FLX - 1, SuperFLX - 1, DP - 2, K- 1)
QB - Jimmy G, Josh Allen, Mariota
RB - Kerryon, Jamaal Will, Drake, Ballage, Miles Sanders (R), Justice Hill (R), Myles Gaskins (R)
Wr - Micheal Thomas, Zay Jones, Curtis Samuel, Crowder, Coutee, Aj Brown (R), Marquise Brown (R), Keesean Johnson (R), Kelvin Harmon (R)
Te- Engram, Oj Howard, Josh Oliver (R)
2020: 3,3,3, 5

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:52 pm

sugbear65 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:59 am I don’t dislike the guy but sheesh, I guess I’m lower on him than most if this thread is indicative of his value. Nuke and Fuller would soak up more targets I’d think easily, and that’s not accounting for the possibility of more added competition through the draft/FA as well. I mean they did trade for DT this season, so I’m not sure you could say they won’t add.
x2. I can't seeing paying a first for a team's 3rd receiver. I'd sell in a heartbeat if I could get that kind of return.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:48 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:52 pm x2. I can't seeing paying a first for a team's 3rd receiver. I'd sell in a heartbeat if I could get that kind of return.
Ain't too sure he's the team's third receiver. Small sample, but Coutee out-targeted Fuller every instance they were both active for most of the game (Week 4, 5, 6).

And besides, Fuller won't be in Houston for much longer if he can't figure out how to stay uninjured.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:33 am

ninotoreS wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:48 pm
Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:52 pm x2. I can't seeing paying a first for a team's 3rd receiver. I'd sell in a heartbeat if I could get that kind of return.
Ain't too sure he's the team's third receiver. Small sample, but Coutee out-targeted Fuller every instance they were both active for most of the game (Week 4, 5, 6).

And besides, Fuller won't be in Houston for much longer if he can't figure out how to stay uninjured.
He's a slot receiver that works the underneath and can get open. They also have gadget plays specifically to incorporate him into the offense, and used them when it mattered in the playoffs. The fact he had such a good playoff game sold me on "reaching" for him in my startup. He just turned 22, and with more seasoning, I can think it's completely realistic that he can hit 80 receptions in a year. I just don't know about what I am getting with a late first. Coutee is still the same age or younger than a lot of the rookies coming in this year, and is in a good offense, and shown he can produce within that offense.
Janiel Dones Truther

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:18 am

Yeah, Coutee's age is another point in his favor. Coutee was a 21 y/o rookie -- he only just turned 22 yesterday. Despite his age and missing all of preseason and most of TC, he immediately breaks records for production in an NFL debut, production for his age in a playoff game, and the youngest QB-WR duo to score a TD in a playoff game in the last 70 years.

While I'll concede there's an argument that what Coutee did at such a young age in his small rookie sample could be a product of system and coach's favor moreso than sheer ability, these are nonetheless promising points of data for our purposes.
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:18 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:15 pm
Super young, 86th percentile speed, 66th percentile agility. The fact he's already produced two ten plus catch games in a small amount of playing time, one being a playoff game, is a good sign. I should mention I took him in the 8th round of a startup (14 team), ahead of the 1.09, but I also did not pick again for 3 rounds after that, and have no other shares of him. Decided to take a swing at him over a later first. He's in a prime situation, has shown to be be really productive, and I have no idea what 1.09 this year gets me. I'd prefer to buy at a 2nd, but I would not sell for that.
now i am far more interested in what took place in your startup that caused you to have no picks for 3 rounds that early on...
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:50 pm

So, I know it’s still early but in standard rookie/FA draft where does he slot in - ppr/non-ppr?

wingnutty
Starter
Starter

Postby wingnutty » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:24 pm

late 1st for me.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:45 pm

Hes undersized, has small hands, and isnt particularly good at contested catches. He is a good route runner with some legit NFL speed and showed reliable hands. Thry used him mostly underneath in his 1st year, but I’ll be interested to see how he’s used differently next year. They clearly like his playmaking abilities to scheme sweeps, tosses, and screens to him around the LOS to get him involved. Desean Watson likes him too. Don’t think WR2, but I think with some more scores a solid WR3, and if everything falls right into place for him (injuries and certain player underperforming) maybe a low end WR2.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards