Discussion: Outlook of fringe RBs

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Discussion: Outlook of fringe RBs

Postby jetsfan5757 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:26 pm

Vcize wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:16 pm None of the non-elite backs are really safe this offseason.

If you're looking to take a chance on one of them I would choose one that is on a team that doesn't have a lot of mid-round rookie picks.

San Francisco has no picks in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th rounds which are the prime RB selection areas so Coleman may be the safest of this group. Baltimore has basically all of their picks but hasn't really added any. Atlanta has all of their original picks as well as an extra 2nd so they seem like a good candidate to grab a RB.
Smart, and I hope you're right!
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

dmac37
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dmac37 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:27 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:39 pm Freeman gets so much hate. He's still a RB2 this year. If ATL cuts him to save a few million then I'm not sure what their plan is to replace him. Ito and Hill are nothing special
In my PPR league he is RB 13. I traded my 1.8 for him this off season expecting him to be a low RB1 / high RB2 and that is where he is at. With that said I also expected him to look a little better than he has. I think he will maintain RB2 status for the rest of this year as his bread and butter has been receiving and it looks like ATL will be playing from behind and throwing a lot the rest of the season.

With the influx of incoming RB talent coming in next season Freeman could take a hit, I just hope he finishes strong for the rest of this year.
12 Team PPR Scoring:
QB: Purdy, Pickett, Howell, Rodgers
RB: Bijan, Kamara, A. Jones Spears Allgeier, Tucker, Hunt
WR: ARSB, Ridley, Nacua, E. Moore, Hollywood, Addison, Mingo, Mooney,
M. Thomas, Gallup
TE: Hockenson, Ferguson
PK:
DST: Ravens

12 Team Superflex PPR Scoring:
QB: Fields, Tua, Howell, White
RB: J. Taylor, A. Jones, Pierce, Swift , K. Miller, Hunt, Ford,
WR: Pittman, Deebo, Godwin, Ridley, Gabe Davis, E. Moore, Mooney, Toney, Q. Johnson
TE: Ferguson, Okonkwo L. Thomas

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:30 pm

A lot of these backs could be like Jordan Howard or Carlos Hyde or LeSean McCoy next year - veterans that keep on producing and savvy owners picks up on the cheap while others chase the new unproven ...
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:31 pm

Vcize wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:16 pm None of the non-elite backs are really safe this offseason.

If you're looking to take a chance on one of them I would choose one that is on a team that doesn't have a lot of mid-round rookie picks.

San Francisco has no picks in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th rounds which are the prime RB selection areas so Coleman may be the safest of this group. Baltimore has basically all of their picks but hasn't really added any. Atlanta has all of their original picks as well as an extra 2nd so they seem like a good candidate to grab a RB.
None of the non-elite backs are really safe *any offseason

Sorry if that came across assholey, but its kinda the reality of that position. Every year no matter what we think about a given player if there not one of those top top end guys there job is on the line each and every year.
2019- viewed as a really weak RB class saw
Tarik Cohen- Montgomery was viewed as a complement but a much more competent pass catcher than Howard hurting his value
Gus the bus- hello mark ingram signing
Jalen Richard- Yeah maybe just me but I bought into him having a really nice pass catching role
Brieda/Mckinnon-TeCo made a mess of that in the offseason, brieda was viewed as a throw in in most of my leagues and most poeple just avoided that backfield entirely
Whoever you viewed as the NYJ starter-Hello Bell
Damien Williams-bringing in 3 backs in one offseason all of whom are competent will hurt your chances
TJ Yeldon-RIP
Jordan Howard- kinda knocked to the curb although he did end up resurfacing leading his new backfield but was virtually left for dead
Shady/Gore-See Jordan Howard

Sure Richard, Gore the Jets, and Yeldon didn't have much value but in one offseason that was seven middling backs that saw there value drop hard (Howard twice). Now while some of them, Breida, Gore, Shady, Howard, have recovered from that there value probably never will as there job will now be viewed in constant jeapordy, except breida probably.

Going back to the question
Ingram-Should have one more year of production but I'm not buying as evidence points to age thirty as being an RB dropoff
TeCo-I'll buy, he's cheaper than mckinnon(contract wise) and breida is an FA. They might bring another guy in but Shanny runs a 2 back system that has both be useable typically.
Freeman-Feels like he could be a cut/trade candidate this offseason, even if he gets cut I've got a feeling that he latches on somewhere but I'm not paying up for him