DJ Chark

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
stoneghost28
Starter
Starter

Re: DJ Chark

Postby stoneghost28 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:29 pm

I overpaid in every deal I made in the fall to get him and I'm glad I did. Also managed to snag him on waivers in one league. Went from zero shares to four in my 11 dynasty leagues.

Kmani6
Starter
Starter

Postby Kmani6 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:26 pm

bjd5211 wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:47 am
Wow, he got hurt and his performance slipped for a few games, that's never happened to any player ever I bet...
Barely was hurt and missed only 1 game. He was exceptionally hot to start the season then cooled off.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Dak Prescott
RB: Todd Gurley, Nick Chubb, Dalvin Cook
WR: Devante Adams, Mike Evans, OBJ , Keenan Allen, A.J. Brown, Auden Tate, C. Samuel, D. Pettis, Zach Pascal, D. Johnson, A. Miller
TE: Travis Kelce,George Kittle, Jonnu Smith

2020 Picks: 1.03, 1.05
2021 Picks: 1st, 3rd

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:41 pm

Kmani6 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:26 pm
bjd5211 wrote:
Wow, he got hurt and his performance slipped for a few games, that's never happened to any player ever I bet...
Barely was hurt and missed only 1 game. He was exceptionally hot to start the season then cooled off.
Truth on both sides.
I'm still highly encouraged.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Brees, Winston, Darnold
RB (3): David Johnson, N. Chubb, D. Guice, D. Henry, T. Coleman, C. Thompson
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, J. Smith-Schuster, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, D. Pettis, P. Williams
TE (2): H. Henry, O.J. Howard, I. Thomas

K (1): Wil Lutz

DB (1): Landon Collins
LB (1): Luke Kuechly
DL (1): JJ Watt

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

bjd5211
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby bjd5211 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:10 pm

Kmani6 wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:26 pm
bjd5211 wrote:
Doesn't mean he was completely healthy when he did return...

Kmani6
Starter
Starter

Postby Kmani6 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:09 am

It’s the NFL no one is ever completely healthy, and that’s not realistic to expect either. In reality Chark stared off really hot, was bought at a high price by many, and then tapered off substantially. He’s definitely a much better buy now then mid season, but if you bought mid season then he’s a strong hold.

The argument I made before was that it was pretty terrible to buy him early to mid season, which was factually correct. He was WR 5-6 through a good portion of the season at that time, and finished WR 17 by the end.

I like Chark and think he is pretty talented, and I said he reminded me of Golladay a bit, but as I said before I didn’t think he was a great buy at the time, which I still believe.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Dak Prescott
RB: Todd Gurley, Nick Chubb, Dalvin Cook
WR: Devante Adams, Mike Evans, OBJ , Keenan Allen, A.J. Brown, Auden Tate, C. Samuel, D. Pettis, Zach Pascal, D. Johnson, A. Miller
TE: Travis Kelce,George Kittle, Jonnu Smith

2020 Picks: 1.03, 1.05
2021 Picks: 1st, 3rd

stoneghost28
Starter
Starter

Postby stoneghost28 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:35 pm

I have zero regrets. Love him as a talent, period. Think he'll be a WR1 going forward. Somewhere in the back end of WR1's, but a WR1 overall. Looks like he was 19th in PPG with a QB tandem of Minchew/Bad Foles in a lost season. I'll take that w/o a second thought.

gbf88
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby gbf88 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:53 pm

I like him but dont see him as a wr1. If you have him, keep him. If you dont then I wouldnt overpay , think his value is still high

Ice
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ice » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:23 pm

stoneghost28 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:35 pm
I have zero regrets. Love him as a talent, period. Think he'll be a WR1 going forward. Somewhere in the back end of WR1's, but a WR1 overall. Looks like he was 19th in PPG with a QB tandem of Minchew/Bad Foles in a lost season. I'll take that w/o a second thought.
No disagreement. He could sure use a decent QB and should get a better O Coordinator next year.

He was open a lot this year and the QB’s just missed.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:53 pm

Ice wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:23 pm
stoneghost28 wrote:
No disagreement. He could sure use a decent QB and should get a better O Coordinator next year.

Curious how you know this. Do you watch a lot of Jags games? Is there a metric or stat on this? If there was I'd love to see it. Would help to see what WR's may be in line for an improvement moreso than others with a QB upgrade.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Carson, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

Ice
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ice » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:43 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:53 pm
Ice wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:23 pm
stoneghost28 wrote:

Curious how you know this. Do you watch a lot of Jags games? Is there a metric or stat on this? If there was I'd love to see it. Would help to see what WR's may be in line for an improvement moreso than others with a QB upgrade.
I record and watch a lot of film on players I own or target especially WR's. I have viewed a ton of plays on the Jags and focused on him particularly.

The two I have spent considerable time the last month were Chark and D. Johnson. I like to study players I own in my money leagues as I prepare my draft prep for the next season especially players I targeted in the late first and second rounds to see how they progress.

My base study on Chark is he is a strong buy going forward if you don't own him and an obvious hold if you do. Think he is easily the best WR on that team. He had 9 Games at 7 plus targets, 6 of which were 9 plus, 3 of which were 11 plus.

The Colts game where he went 8 receptions on 15 targets is a great game to study. He had great game stats but it could have been much better.

I usually focus on DE's and WR's for fantasy purposes these days.