General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Davante Adams Thread - Concerned?

Postby Ice » Fri May 26, 2023 7:32 am

ericanadian wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:17 am
killer_of_giants wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:15 am
Ice wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:44 am Their Defense IMO will make major strides and give them a chance.
i doubt it very much. what makes you think so?
The flipped from a 4-3 to a 3-4 last year. That takes some time to transition.
In addition they drafted a legit stud edge prospect on the edge and legit DT that will both start almost immediately. Diablo was a fast riser last season and they should get Hobbs back.

Their front is legit and could be one of the best in the league which will take pressure off Crosby.

They look to be matching scheme with players to give them a chance against opponents.

Edit to add; Not sure about my stupid autocorrect but it obviously thinks Deablo is misspelled so autocorrect changed his name. 😜
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri May 26, 2023 7:45 am

Ice wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:44 am Their Defense IMO will make major strides and give them a chance.
true, but most teams use nickel sub-packages more than they use their basic D anyway.
i'm not very high on their defensive players really, other than crosby and a couple of their DBs, but all their linebackers are replacement level (in any scheme).

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri May 26, 2023 7:51 am

Ice wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:32 am In addition they drafted a legit stud edge prospect on the edge and legit DT that will both start almost immediately. Diablo was a fast riser last season and they should get Hobbs back.
yeah, they added up front, which is obviously a good thing, but it's still rookies we're talking about, who knows how they'll turn out.
deablo was given the snaps, but he wasn't all that good. WR turned safety turned LB that can't cover... meh.

it is difficult to be worse than last year, so yeah, i can see improvement, but i don't see their D making strides.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri May 26, 2023 8:13 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:51 am
Ice wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:32 am In addition they drafted a legit stud edge prospect on the edge and legit DT that will both start almost immediately. Diablo was a fast riser last season and they should get Hobbs back.
yeah, they added up front, which is obviously a good thing, but it's still rookies we're talking about, who knows how they'll turn out.
deablo was given the snaps, but he wasn't all that good. WR turned safety turned LB that can't cover... meh.

it is difficult to be worse than last year, so yeah, i can see improvement, but i don't see their D making strides.
We won't know for sure for a several weeks. They could be like Lions last year who were awful but improved significantly down the stretch reducing points against by more than a TD per game.

Getting impact players up front is huge in the NFL. The Raiders obviously know they have to shore up the defense and they spent 6 of 9 picks on defense and 3 in the first 4 rounds.

Additionally they should be playing a more ball control offense which should shorten the games from defensive perspective lessening exposure. That is Jimmy G's game and Mayer at TE should help.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Fri May 26, 2023 1:15 pm

I don't like that for the des at all. Sounds like would crush Max Crosby's production/value.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri May 26, 2023 1:36 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:15 pm

I don't like that for the des at all. Sounds like would crush Max Crosby's production/value.
Actually, looking back at it, seems Graham ran an awful lot of 4-3 last year. Could be just based on personnel, so maybe we’ll see more of a shift in year two.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri May 26, 2023 3:00 pm

Ice wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:44 am Carr wasn’t very effective in that system. Jimmy G knows that system like the back of his hand.

If he can get and stay healthy, and that’s a big if, the Raiders should be better regardless of Adam’s feelings.

The Raiders may be better than many of us realize. Some think playoffs others think top 5 draft pick next year.

Their Defense IMO will make major strides and give them a chance.

Adam’s seems to think the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Time will tell.

Maybe they trade him if they start off slow.
But what Jimmy G does best I am not sure is best for Adams.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri May 26, 2023 4:57 pm

murphysxm wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:00 pm
Ice wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:44 am Carr wasn’t very effective in that system. Jimmy G knows that system like the back of his hand.

If he can get and stay healthy, and that’s a big if, the Raiders should be better regardless of Adam’s feelings.

The Raiders may be better than many of us realize. Some think playoffs others think top 5 draft pick next year.

Adam’s seems to think the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Time will tell.

Maybe they trade him if they start off slow.
But what Jimmy G does best I am not sure is best for Adams.
No argument there.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun May 28, 2023 3:43 pm

Ice wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:44 am The Raiders may be better than many of us realize. Some think playoffs others think top 5 draft pick next year.

If you've faded the Raiders over the last, what... 2 decades? Then you've pretty much always won.

There was that one year in 2016 when they came 2nd in their division and lost immediately in the Wild Card round. Hooray.

They haven't won the AFC West since 2002, and I see no reality where they do win it for the rest of Patrick Mahomes (or even Justin Herbert's) prime.

And now there's this.
Remember when the Raiders delayed Jimmy Garoppolo's introductory press conference and everyone said there was nothing to see here? There was something to see. He failed his physical, and his contract was dramatically reworked because of it.

For example, Garoppolo originally had an $11.25 million signing bonus. After he failed the physical, it all got pushed into 2023 base salary. His ability to earn anything this year hinges on his foot properly recovering.
I think we should continue to fade the Raiders until they prove themselves otherwise. Certainly, Vegas themselves isn't seeing Playoffs - I can *easily* think of 7 better teams that should seed ahead of them in the AFC. (The oddsmakers can think of 12)

Continue to fade the Raiders. This looks much more likely to be more disaster cinema than anything else.

As to Davante Adams:
Davante Adams could be traded Post June 1. In fact, it'd save the Raiders $7M in cap.

It'd also signal one of the worst moves of the decade. If traded before the season, the Raiders would've spent $43M and 1st/2nd rounders on him for one year.

So still unlikely to be traded.
It's unlikely he's moving. Good times.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon May 29, 2023 4:49 am

Yes, Vegas has committed significant resources. But, concluding that *inherently* means he's unlikely to be traded is wrong. You have to believe that the Front Office feels "pot committed". Making a decision based on prior choices is a horrible process- you need to evaluate where you are *at the moment*, the tools/resources available to you, and where you want to be. For all their flaws, I'm not ready to think that lowly of the Vegas decision makers.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon May 29, 2023 5:22 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:49 am Yes, Vegas has committed significant resources. But, concluding that *inherently* means he's unlikely to be traded is wrong. You have to believe that the Front Office feels "pot committed". Making a decision based on prior choices is a horrible process- you need to evaluate where you are *at the moment*, the tools/resources available to you, and where you want to be. For all their flaws, I'm not ready to think that lowly of the Vegas decision makers.
I definitely am. :lol:

In what universe does trading Davante send the right message to a veteran roster, with a coach on a hot seat and a GM that's trying to keep his job 1 year after swinging that very trade?

Not being beholden to being "pot committed" is all well and good in a vacuum. It's a bit different when it's a salary soup of your own making.

Now, if they start slow and Davante says "trade me"... well, then we'll be cooking.

The makings of another all-time bad move by the Raiders, though. (Business as usual)

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon May 29, 2023 5:42 am

mild wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:22 am
Pullo Vision wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:49 am Yes, Vegas has committed significant resources. But, concluding that *inherently* means he's unlikely to be traded is wrong. You have to believe that the Front Office feels "pot committed". Making a decision based on prior choices is a horrible process- you need to evaluate where you are *at the moment*, the tools/resources available to you, and where you want to be. For all their flaws, I'm not ready to think that lowly of the Vegas decision makers.
I definitely am. :lol:

In what universe does trading Davante send the right message to a veteran roster, with a coach on a hot seat and a GM that's trying to keep his job 1 year after swinging that very trade?

Not being beholden to being "pot committed" is all well and good in a vacuum. It's a bit different when it's a salary soup of your own making.

Now, if they start slow and Davante says "trade me"... well, then we'll be cooking.

The makings of another all-time bad move by the Raiders, though. (Business as usual)
Lol. It IS a hell of a conundrum. You probably have an owner desperate to win, especially going to a new market. The coach with all his previous HC history getting toasty adds a layer- given how much they're paying previous HCs, can they afford to add McDaniels to that list?

Either the FO makes these kind of directional decisions, orthey implement the owner's decisions. Choosing your path based on what the vet players want is like the tail wagging the dog, or deciding contract negotiations based on what area scouts think. If I'm the owner or FO, either the vets get on board with the decision or there's the door.

I definitely see Adams pushing to get out. Vegas' early 2023 schedule- @Denver, @Buffalo, vPittsburgh, @LAC, vGB, vNE. Three easy losses, and could see 2-4 as best case scenario.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon May 29, 2023 5:48 am

Outside of 30 or so players in this league everyone is a trade candidate especially Wr’s that will turn 31 this year.

The team went all in last year and failed. It wouldn’t surprise me if they traded him.

The message to the team; play better and quit complaining.

Brady as a minority owner will be involved and provide help this team desperately needs going forward.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon May 29, 2023 6:02 am

Ice wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:48 am Outside of 30 or so players in this league everyone is a trade candidate especially Wr’s that will turn 31 this year.

The team went all in last year and failed. It wouldn’t surprise me if they traded him.

Or the message could be: "we mis-evaluated our own roster and thought we could win in a window of "right now" against the Chiefs dynasty, and sure, if you complain hard enough and you have trade value, then we'll let you off this sinking ship".

Not sure why you love the taste of corporate shoe so much, but this Raiders brain trust has done approximately zero to justify any such boot licking - and the players know it.

Pullo, fully agreed it's quite the pickle. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for an Adams trade if we get there. The idea of the Raiders (and especially them given that Davis is cash strapped) eating 43 million, a 1st, and a 2nd - all for the pleasure of a 1 year rental of a 31 year old WR... is delicious to me, on the FO ineptitude scale. You love to see it! 8-)

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon May 29, 2023 6:20 am

mild wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 6:02 am
Ice wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:48 am Outside of 30 or so players in this league everyone is a trade candidate especially Wr’s that will turn 31 this year.

Or the message could be: "we mis-evaluated our own roster and thought we could win in a window of "right now" against the Chiefs dynasty, and sure, if you complain hard enough and you have trade value, then we'll let you off this sinking ship".

Not sure why you love the taste of corporate shoe so much, but this Raiders brain trust has done approximately zero to justify any such boot licking - and the players know it.

Pullo, fully agreed it's quite the pickle. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for an Adams trade if we get there. The idea of the Raiders (and especially them given that Davis is cash strapped) eating 43 million, a 1st, and a 2nd - all for the pleasure of a 1 year rental of a 31 year old WR... is delicious to me, on the FO ineptitude scale. You love to see it! 8-)
Not sure about your take on what I may think of corporate America or not but if you actually believe the management is going to get up in front of the team capitulate and then tell them they weren’t good enough to win so we are making changers is ever going to happen then it’s obvious you have no idea how big business works.

Hint, they are not that nice but it’s a real sweet thought. 😎