Davante Adams Thread - Concerned?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
rock-hammerson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Davante Adams

Postby rock-hammerson » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:53 pm

sloth8u wrote:im not going to argue who the best wr on the team is. both are very productive. i do feel that due to age, cobb is more valuable to them and is considered their long term target of the two. i get the whole chatter about cobb manning the slot, but ive read reports that they are looking to move him to the outside and take away kick return duties. when talking about gb resigning guys i think its important to look at their history and that tells us that jordy at 29 and cobb at 24 has to be taken into consideration.
I think this is the best analysis on the subject. It's hard to avoid the stance the current regime takes on veteran WR's.
10 team ppr 32 man rosters when season starts. 1QB- 2RB- 3WR- 1TE- 2Flex and k/def
QB- Luck, Winston, Glennon
RB- Gurley, Lynch, J. Howard, Gore, Rawls, Prosise, CJ Anderson, J. Williams(BUF), Lasco, DJ Foster, M. Brown, Perkins
WR- OBJ, Hopkins, Evans, Michael Thomas, Pryor, Gordon, Snead, Latimer, Mitchell, Spruce, Turner, K. Bell, Billingsly, Carter, Campanaro
TE- Gronkowski, Rudolph, M. Williams, Swoope, Gathers
K- Gostkowski
DST- Carolina

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:20 pm

rock-hammerson wrote:It's hard to avoid the stance the current regime takes on veteran WR's.
The.. stance.. that they want to resign Jordy and are prioritizing him over Cobb?

You're using a small sample size to make this judgment. Straight up - you're wrong. The Packers resign talented players. Jordy is the most talented WR they have had in a long time therefore they lock him up. They let Jennings and Jones go - not because of age - but because of a lack of elite talent.

Cobb suffers from the same problem - that's why he's not a priority.

Spinkso
Captain
Captain

Postby Spinkso » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:12 pm

DLFiend wrote:
rock-hammerson wrote:It's hard to avoid the stance the current regime takes on veteran WR's.
The.. stance.. that they want to resign Jordy and are prioritizing him over Cobb?

You're using a small sample size to make this judgment. Straight up - you're wrong. The Packers resign talented players. Jordy is the most talented WR they have had in a long time therefore they lock him up. They let Jennings and Jones go - not because of age - but because of a lack of elite talent.

Dead on.
Jordy Nelson is 29, but his game will be productive into his 30's. He's a big, strong receiver who's a monster in the Redzone and runs great routes. He's a top 10 talent at the position.
Cobb, while younger, has clear limitations to his game, and is more easily replaceable than a top 10 type talent that Nelson is.
Using age as your focal point is missing the boat. Jordy Nelson gives the Packers the best chance to win in the current window with Rodgers in his prime.
If you really question who the guy is between Cobb and Nelson, you've got to watch what Jordy means to Rodgers, and what they do when they're both healthy. Cobb is the Robin to Nelson's Batman.

rock-hammerson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rock-hammerson » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:29 pm

I guess. While Greg was with the Packers you could say he was a better receiver than Jordy. Jordy has the luxury of negotiating a contract after a huge season but at the age of 29 is he going to get a contract that will satisfy him in probably the last large contract situation he has? I guess we'll see if a deal gets done. Maybe he's a guy that just loves playing football for the packers and takes a home town discount or maybe he wants a nice sized pay day and takes off. We'll see

Also if someone offered you Jordan Cameron and Davante Adams for Alshon would you do it?
10 team ppr 32 man rosters when season starts. 1QB- 2RB- 3WR- 1TE- 2Flex and k/def
QB- Luck, Winston, Glennon
RB- Gurley, Lynch, J. Howard, Gore, Rawls, Prosise, CJ Anderson, J. Williams(BUF), Lasco, DJ Foster, M. Brown, Perkins
WR- OBJ, Hopkins, Evans, Michael Thomas, Pryor, Gordon, Snead, Latimer, Mitchell, Spruce, Turner, K. Bell, Billingsly, Carter, Campanaro
TE- Gronkowski, Rudolph, M. Williams, Swoope, Gathers
K- Gostkowski
DST- Carolina

Emkay21
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Emkay21 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:57 am

Aside from the contract situation, are we not going to talk about the (albeit, briefly mentioned) drops in OTAs? I think that will be ironed out, but never good to hear.
10 Team Dynasty 9th Year
2QB / 2RB / 4WR / Flex / TE

QB (2) - Goff, Kyler (Garoppolo)
RB (2) - Chubb, Henry (Darrell Henderson, McKinnon)
WR (4) - Davante Adams, Jarvis Landry, Cooper Kupp, KeKe (DeDe, AJ Brown, Deebo Samuel, Miles Boykin, Andy Isabella, Dionte Johnson, Preston Williams, Randall Cobb, Marquis Goodwin, Antonio Callaway)
TE (1) - Kittle (Njoku, Hockenson, Brate)
Flex (1) - Tarik Cohen

MucBuc
Captain
Captain

Postby MucBuc » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:51 am

Emkay21 wrote:Aside from the contract situation, are we not going to talk about the (albeit, briefly mentioned) drops in OTAs? I think that will be ironed out, but never good to hear.
I wouldn't put too much stock in such things yet. Different QBs have different throwing styles. Some throw it harder, some with more touch, some with a different spin or with a different placement. Some are left-handed, some are right-handed. This ain't Madden, and there's often an adjustment period when a WR is catching passes from a new QB, that's also part of building the chemistry. That's not unusal, and that's why they practice. There may be reason to be concerned if it still happens during the season, but even then they can still work on it next offseason.
3x teams in 32-team standard PPR + IDP leagues

It doesn't matter what we want. Once we get it, we want something else.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:13 pm

DLFiend wrote: You're using a small sample size to make this judgment. Straight up - you're wrong. The Packers resign talented players. Jordy is the most talented WR they have had in a long time therefore they lock him up. They let Jennings and Jones go - not because of age - but because of a lack of elite talent.

You're an odd one, DLFiend. Everything is purely black & white with no room for gray, right?

We don't know that the Pack thinks Jordy is more talented than Randall Cobb. If they prioritizing Jordy over Cobb, it may not be for talent reasons. Maybe they think he'll take a more team friendly deal like his last contract. Or maybe all we're hearing isn't true or is a half truth.

Let's see how it plays out while admitting we don't know such subjective things.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Jimmy Graham Cracker
MVP
MVP

Postby Jimmy Graham Cracker » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:40 pm

Emkay21 wrote:Aside from the contract situation, are we not going to talk about the (albeit, briefly mentioned) drops in OTAs? I think that will be ironed out, but never good to hear.

So because one 3rd rate beat writer who went to one GB practice said Adams was dropping passes from a 4th string QB is supposed to mean more than the 3 recorded years of stud numbers and stud hands?

Wow.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:49 am

to me , the packers trying to resign nelson 1st is simply packers business as usual . If they will resign nelson they for sure will resign cobb. Nelson has put up muc h better numbers and once he is resigned that can help dictate cobb's numbers both to cobb and to the rest of the league . They both will be back and adams will be the wr3 as soon as next season . Preseason & camp drops mean zilch but he starts dropping throws from 12 and it will see an issue .... see jermichael finley !.
They will pass a lot and 12 has supported 3 wr + in the past .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

TommyL31
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TommyL31 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:07 am

Here's a question, what do people expect a Jordy deal to look like? I think the age issue is a consideration but I could see them giving him a 3-4 year deal where most of the guaranteed money is gone after year 2 or so. I wouldn't expect a huge dropoff from Jordy by 31. I don't expect they're going to sign him with guaranteed money until he's 33 or 34.
"whiners kill more leagues than incompetent trades" - clarion contrarion

DFFL - Flea Flickers, 12 team PPR dynasty
Legends of the Gridiron - Boss Hawgs, 12 team PPR Superflex Salary Cap league
USFL - Memphis Showboats, 12 team PPR Superflex Tiered Salary Cap League

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:19 am

TommyL31 wrote:Here's a question, what do people expect a Jordy deal to look like? I think the age issue is a consideration but I could see them giving him a 3-4 year deal where most of the guaranteed money is gone after year 2 or so. I wouldn't expect a huge dropoff from Jordy by 31. I don't expect they're going to sign him with guaranteed money until he's 33 or 34.
Exactly what I expect to see.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:36 am

TommyL31 wrote:Here's a question, what do people expect a Jordy deal to look like? I think the age issue is a consideration but I could see them giving him a 3-4 year deal where most of the guaranteed money is gone after year 2 or so. I wouldn't expect a huge dropoff from Jordy by 31. I don't expect they're going to sign him with guaranteed money until he's 33 or 34.
Yeah, something similar to Marshall's deal, but maybe less per year?
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes,
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 3 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7, 1.11… 1 2nd 2.17… 1 3rd 3.31…

Emkay21
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Emkay21 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:32 am

Woah, easy there JGC. Don't want to hurt yourself. MucBuc handled the response in a fairly proper manner. I asked a question in which it was I stated my point was briefly mentioned, and MucBuc answered it. I didn't think it was a big issue, I just thought it would be talked about instead of people discussing Jordy/Cobb. My bad?

MucBuc wrote:
I wouldn't put too much stock in such things yet. Different QBs have different throwing styles. Some throw it harder, some with more touch, some with a different spin or with a different placement. Some are left-handed, some are right-handed. This ain't Madden, and there's often an adjustment period when a WR is catching passes from a new QB, that's also part of building the chemistry. That's not unusal, and that's why they practice. There may be reason to be concerned if it still happens during the season, but even then they can still work on it next offseason.
This is how you properly handle a question, if anyone cares.
10 Team Dynasty 9th Year
2QB / 2RB / 4WR / Flex / TE

QB (2) - Goff, Kyler (Garoppolo)
RB (2) - Chubb, Henry (Darrell Henderson, McKinnon)
WR (4) - Davante Adams, Jarvis Landry, Cooper Kupp, KeKe (DeDe, AJ Brown, Deebo Samuel, Miles Boykin, Andy Isabella, Dionte Johnson, Preston Williams, Randall Cobb, Marquis Goodwin, Antonio Callaway)
TE (1) - Kittle (Njoku, Hockenson, Brate)
Flex (1) - Tarik Cohen

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:12 pm

Somehow Adams slid in my draft. I traded back into the 2nd round to nab him at 2.7.

I was happy.

ThirdWW
Captain
Captain

Postby ThirdWW » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:51 pm

Do you mind posting your entire draft?
Team One:
Year 12
12 team, .5 ppr
QB 2RB 3WR TE FLEX K DL LB DB

QB - CJ Stroud
RB - Tank Bigsby, Sean Tucker, Chris Rodriguez, cans
WR - Garrett Wilson, Drake London, JSN, Jahan Dotson, Demario Douglas, Elijah Moore
TE - Kyle Pitts, Cade Otton, Chig Okonkwo

2024 Picks: 1.1, 1.2, 1.9, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.2, 3.7, 4.1
2025 Picks: 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4

Team Two:
Year 2
12 team, .5 ppr, SF
QB SF 2RB 3WR TE 2FLEX K

QB - Joe Burrow, Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones
RB - Roschon Johnson, Kendre Miller, streaming
WR - Amon-Ra St. Brown, Chris Olave, Jaylen Waddle, Jordan Addison, Jahan Dotson, Demario Douglas, Elijah Moore, Wan’Dale Robinson
TE - Kyle Pitts, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Chig

2024 Picks: 1.08, 1.12, 4.1, 4.11
2025 Picks 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4