Davante Adams Thread - Concerned?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Davante Adams

Postby italian_stallion21 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:42 am

Payton34 wrote:
WiscoWise wrote:Go ahead and clap when it actually happens, until then it's just speculation. People treat roto-blurbs like they've already occurred. Demovsky is good but not always accurate. Here's one from the Greg Jennings era:

"Two sources tell ESPN Milwaukee that free agent Greg Jennings could "very well" end up re-signing with the Packers.

We're starting to get the same feeling. Now that the Vikings have reportedly backed off their pursuit of Jennings and the Dolphins have made their move with Mike Wallace, the seven-year veteran's market is drying. Couple that with an earlier report that the Packers had offered him $10 million per year and we have a lot of smoke. For what it's worth, Jennings says he has visits lined up. "I definitely have some destinations in mind and I'm going to keep them close to the vest," he said Tuesday.
Source: ESPN Milwaukee Wed, Mar 13, 2013 08:48:00 AM"

As a Packers Fan I'd love to see them re-sign Jordy, just trying to get people to tap the breaks on the assumption he'll be re-signed.
The wording between the two reports is WAY different. For Jennings, we had a guy who was shopping around and the report being he may, "Very well end up re-signing".... That's a bit different than the report on Jordy I'd say where the Pack appears to be desiring to re-sign him by all accounts....

Doesn't mean its going to happen. Just that they certainly seem like they'll make a valiant effort.

What does the Jordy report mean for Cobb though? They aren't even going to speak to Cobb until they have Jordy figured out, so what does THAT tell people?
It tells people that Cobb has an easily replaceable role and skill set, Jordy does not, so he's the priority.

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:39 am

italian_stallion21 wrote:
Payton34 wrote:
WiscoWise wrote:Go ahead and clap when it actually happens, until then it's just speculation. People treat roto-blurbs like they've already occurred. Demovsky is good but not always accurate. Here's one from the Greg Jennings era:

"Two sources tell ESPN Milwaukee that free agent Greg Jennings could "very well" end up re-signing with the Packers.

We're starting to get the same feeling. Now that the Vikings have reportedly backed off their pursuit of Jennings and the Dolphins have made their move with Mike Wallace, the seven-year veteran's market is drying. Couple that with an earlier report that the Packers had offered him $10 million per year and we have a lot of smoke. For what it's worth, Jennings says he has visits lined up. "I definitely have some destinations in mind and I'm going to keep them close to the vest," he said Tuesday.
Source: ESPN Milwaukee Wed, Mar 13, 2013 08:48:00 AM"

As a Packers Fan I'd love to see them re-sign Jordy, just trying to get people to tap the breaks on the assumption he'll be re-signed.
The wording between the two reports is WAY different. For Jennings, we had a guy who was shopping around and the report being he may, "Very well end up re-signing".... That's a bit different than the report on Jordy I'd say where the Pack appears to be desiring to re-sign him by all accounts....

Doesn't mean its going to happen. Just that they certainly seem like they'll make a valiant effort.

What does the Jordy report mean for Cobb though? They aren't even going to speak to Cobb until they have Jordy figured out, so what does THAT tell people?
It tells people that Cobb has an easily replaceable role and skill set, Jordy does not, so he's the priority.
It was a rhetorical question, but....... yeah. :clap:
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes,
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 3 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7, 1.11… 1 2nd 2.17… 1 3rd 3.31…

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:51 am

Payton34 wrote:
italian_stallion21 wrote:It tells people that Cobb has an easily replaceable role and skill set, Jordy does not, so he's the priority.
Haha, I knew that it was, but I was getting the thought that others didn't quite understand (or have Cobb on some sort of pedestal).

Payton34
Captain
Captain

Postby Payton34 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:02 am

Payton34 wrote:
italian_stallion21 wrote:It tells people that Cobb has an easily replaceable role and skill set, Jordy does not, so he's the priority.
Haha, I knew that it was, but I was getting the thought that others didn't quite understand (or have Cobb on some sort of pedestal).
And hey, Cobb belongs there as long as he's with GB... Soooooooo how many more months he got? :think: :biggrin:
12 teams, 6pts all TDs, 1/2 pt PPR. 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D, 2 FLEX RB/WR/TE

QBs - P Mahomes,
RBs - Bijan, J Jacobs, K Walker, B Hall,
WRs - AJ Brown, J Waddle, DJ Moore, T Higgins, D London, Smith-Njigba, J Downs, AT Perry
TEs - D Kincaid, Musgrave
Ks - Boswell, McPherson
Ds - Texans, Jets

2024 - 3 1st rounders... Picks 1.5, 1.7, 1.11… 1 2nd 2.17… 1 3rd 3.31…

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:21 pm

Payton34 wrote:
It means they view Nelson as more valuable. It doesn't mean they think Cobb is worthless like the idiotic post above.

RenMasters
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby RenMasters » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:07 pm

I'm hoping Adams will have high end WR2 numbers in three years and play with Rogers for 8 years.
Team Rebuilding - 12 Team PPR
QB (1) - A. Luck, D. Carr, R. Tannehill
RB (1-2) - T. Gurley, C. McCaffery, M. Breida, A. Ekeler, N. Hines, E. McGuire,
WR (3-4) - D. Adams, M.Evans, M. Jones, N. Agholor, M. Bryant, R. Grant, R Higgins
TE (1) - E. Engram, G. Everett, G. Olsen

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:20 pm

voiceofunreason wrote:
Payton34 wrote:
It means they view Nelson as more valuable. It doesn't mean they think Cobb is worthless like the idiotic post above.
Considering I didn't say Cobb was worthless, yours would be the idiotic one. I may not have the same high valuation as others, but he's far from worthless. His value though is mostly tied to the offense he's in, you don't see many small, slow slot WR succeed without elite QB's. If he does leave, and goes almost anywhere else he's not nearly as valuable. Worthless? No. But definitely not top 10-12 like we're seeing now.

markeclipse
Captain
Captain

Postby markeclipse » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:49 am

In my recent rookie/FA draft Adams fell to me @ 2.6. I just about did a backflip
Team 1 (QB, 1-3 RBs, 1-3 WR, TE, K, D) PPR
QB - Rodgers, RGIII
RB - Charles, Lacy, Vereen
WR - Antonio Brown, Demaryius, Jeffery,Gordon
TE - Reed, Green
Picks: 8 '15 Firsts

team 2 (QB, 1-3 RBs, 1-3 WR, TE, K, D) PPR
QB - Arod. RGIII
RB - Forte, Gio, Hyde
WR - Dez, AJ, Jeffery, Floyd, Wright, Terrence Williams, Hunter, Hopkins
TE - Eifert, Ertz

Orphan Team:
QB: Foles; Tannehill
RB: Martin, Vereen, Michael, Bryce Brown, Stewart, David Wilson
WR: AJ Green, Cobb, Tavon, Stills
TE: Reed, Green

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:56 am

Payton34 wrote:What does the Jordy report mean for Cobb though? They aren't even going to speak to Cobb until they have Jordy figured out, so what does THAT tell people?
you guys are all looking at cobb as the odd man out imo. that jordy report tells me that if they cant get nelson to sign a deal where its feasible to lock cobb up long term, jordy will be the one walking after the season. in steps adams in jordy's role and the train keeps rolling with cobb and adams for the next few years.

shady23
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby shady23 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:44 am

A few things:

(1) Haven't we learned that Rodgers and GB can make 3 WRs successful?

(2) Adams is a dynasty asset. Regardless of contract situation, Jordy is a health-risk and isn't a spring chicken. By the time Adams hits his 3rd year in the league, it's highly probable that Jordy will be gone.

Skulls
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Skulls » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:47 am

Payton34 wrote:And maybe its just me, but people seem to ignore Boykin as well... I honestly think he's 1st in line if Cobb doesn't come back next year...

If I were a betting man, I'd guess that the Packers re-sign Nelson, let Cobb walk, Boykin fills Cobb's slot and Adams becomes WR 3.... Yes, I know the Packers also drafted a couple other receivers..... The Abracadabra kid from Wisconsin and some other dude... But lets not pretend that every time they draft somebody it means they're going to enter the lineup....
That some other dude is Jeff Janis..and the kid is an athletic freak..not saying you have to have him or anything, but do some research on the kid and I think you will be surprised..
12 team dynasty 26 man roster .5 PPR RB. 1.0 PPR wr. 1.5ppr TE..6 pts. all tds.
Start 1 QB..2-3 RBS 2-4 WRS.. 1-2 TES

http://football20.myfantasyleague.com/2 ... L=10388&O=
QB Matt Ryan Patrick Mahommes
RB Bell, Fournette, Aaron Jones, James Connor, Mcguire, Prosise, Josh Adams
WR Julio, JuJu Schuster, Marvin Jones, Josh Gordon,Stills, Antonio Callaway, D.J. CharkJosh MaloneBraxton Miller, 3 Packer rookies
TE Ertz, Ben Watson, Higbee
Def Jax Houston
K Gould

DLFiend
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DLFiend » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:03 am

Jeff Janis is just this year's Charles Johnson. He'll be on the practice squad for the foreseeable future.

MucBuc
Captain
Captain

Postby MucBuc » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:53 am

DLFiend wrote:Jeff Janis is just this year's Charles Johnson. He'll be on the practice squad for the foreseeable future.
Agreed. The Packers made it a habit of picking up highly athletic development prospects late in the draft or as UDFAs, and which generated some hype in the FF community. So far none of them made it very far:

2011: Tori Gurley (no longer in the league)
2012: Dale Moss (no longer in the league)
2013: Charles Johnson (no longer on the team)
2014: Jeff Janis
Last edited by MucBuc on Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
3x teams in 32-team standard PPR + IDP leagues

It doesn't matter what we want. Once we get it, we want something else.

Spinkso
Captain
Captain

Postby Spinkso » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:56 pm

sloth8u wrote:
Payton34 wrote:What does the Jordy report mean for Cobb though? They aren't even going to speak to Cobb until they have Jordy figured out, so what does THAT tell people?
you guys are all looking at cobb as the odd man out imo. that jordy report tells me that if they cant get nelson to sign a deal where its feasible to lock cobb up long term, jordy will be the one walking after the season. in steps adams in jordy's role and the train keeps rolling with cobb and adams for the next few years.
Jordy Nelson is the best receiver on the roster who can line up anywhere and produce. They view him as such, and will get him locked up long term. Nelson isn't going anywhere. Cobb will re-sign as long as he's not looking for elite money. If he does re-sign, I see him as the slot menace and the swiss army knife with Nelson and Adams on the outside.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:05 pm

im not going to argue who the best wr on the team is. both are very productive. i do feel that due to age, cobb is more valuable to them and is considered their long term target of the two. i get the whole chatter about cobb manning the slot, but ive read reports that they are looking to move him to the outside and take away kick return duties. when talking about gb resigning guys i think its important to look at their history and that tells us that jordy at 29 and cobb at 24 has to be taken into consideration.