Dante Pettis ... What Is Happening?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6440
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Dante Pettis.....WHAT IS HAPPENING

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:27 pm

Lol Jackson for Pettis was me... I obviously am holding Pettis but you'd have to be blind to not be concerned
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - 14 Keepers
QB: Mahomes, Baker, D. Jones, Minshew, Luck
RB: Sony, D. Freeman, Penny, Mostert, Snell, J. Jackson, Hyde, Gaskin
WR: Tyreek, Julio, DJM, Hollywood, Cooks, C. Davis, Preston, Parris, MVS
TE: Andrews, Henry, Fant, Irv
2020: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02, 4.08

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - 20 Keepers
QB: Dak, Ryan, Foles, Minshew, Cam
RB: CMC, Jacobs, Hunt, Penny, J. Samuels, J. Jackson, Gaskin
WR: DJM, Mike Will, Hollywood, Deebo, Diontae, C. Davis, Lazard, Parris, MVS, AB
TE: Andrews, Henry, Gesicki, Jonnu, Thomas
2020: 1.09, 2.02, 2.05
2021: 1, 1, 2, 3

joeya2001
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2150
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:24 pm

Re: Dante Pettis.....WHAT IS HAPPENING

Postby joeya2001 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:01 am

I just bought him, he was doing great towards the end of last season.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs

QB- Russell Wilson, Lamar Jackson, Philip Rivers, Jimmy G,
RB- Nick Chubb, Sony Michael, Matt Berida, Chase Edmonds
WR- OBJ, Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, Julio Jones, Sammy Watkins, Emmanuel Sanders, Preston Wilson, Corey Davis, Josh GOrdon
TE- George Kittle,Darren Waller
"When we die we go bye bye"
Abe Lincolns

User avatar
Prison_Mike
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1058
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:57 am

Re: Dante Pettis.....WHAT IS HAPPENING

Postby Prison_Mike » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:05 am

joeya2001 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:01 am
I just bought him, he was doing great towards the end of last season.
What did you buy for?

Someone offered me Pettis for L. Murray & a future 2nd which was an easy pass but I'm curious what he's going for
Have to imagine he's priced around a 3rd right now...which I would pay

joeya2001
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2150
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:24 pm

Re: Dante Pettis.....WHAT IS HAPPENING

Postby joeya2001 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:09 am

Prison_Mike wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:05 am
joeya2001 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:01 am
I just bought him, he was doing great towards the end of last season.
What did you buy for?

Someone offered me Pettis for L. Murray & a future 2nd which was an easy pass but I'm curious what he's going for
Have to imagine he's priced around a 3rd right now...which I would pay
I need RB depth so that played a part in the trade.

I sent

Will Fuller
Darrell Henderson

For

Dante Pettis
Matt Berida
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs

QB- Russell Wilson, Lamar Jackson, Philip Rivers, Jimmy G,
RB- Nick Chubb, Sony Michael, Matt Berida, Chase Edmonds
WR- OBJ, Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, Julio Jones, Sammy Watkins, Emmanuel Sanders, Preston Wilson, Corey Davis, Josh GOrdon
TE- George Kittle,Darren Waller
"When we die we go bye bye"
Abe Lincolns

dynasty12
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:24 pm

Re: Dante Pettis.....WHAT IS HAPPENING

Postby dynasty12 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:47 am

Not that its a 1 to 1 comparison. But all hope is not lost. Tyler Boyd had a sophomore season that was pretty weird with injury/motivation and inactive games.. he turned out fine.

joeya2001
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2150
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:24 pm

Re: Dante Pettis.....WHAT IS HAPPENING

Postby joeya2001 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:59 am

dynasty12 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:47 am
Not that its a 1 to 1 comparison. But all hope is not lost. Tyler Boyd had a sophomore season that was pretty weird with injury/motivation and inactive games.. he turned out fine.
Yea, that dude was practically free 2 years ago
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs

QB- Russell Wilson, Lamar Jackson, Philip Rivers, Jimmy G,
RB- Nick Chubb, Sony Michael, Matt Berida, Chase Edmonds
WR- OBJ, Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, Julio Jones, Sammy Watkins, Emmanuel Sanders, Preston Wilson, Corey Davis, Josh GOrdon
TE- George Kittle,Darren Waller
"When we die we go bye bye"
Abe Lincolns

blemly
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 451
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:09 am

Re: Dante Pettis.....WHAT IS HAPPENING

Postby blemly » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:18 pm

Prison_Mike wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:05 am
joeya2001 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:01 am
I just bought him, he was doing great towards the end of last season.
What did you buy for?

Someone offered me Pettis for L. Murray & a future 2nd which was an easy pass but I'm curious what he's going for
Have to imagine he's priced around a 3rd right now...which I would pay
I bought him as basically a throw in yesterday.

SF league I gave Cooks + 2nd + Carr for Rodgers + Pettis
Team 1: 10-team 15-keeper PPR:
QB: Cousins, Winston
RB: Zeke, Singletary, KJ, DJ, Hill
WR: Hopkins, KA, TY, AJB, M. Williams
TE: Kittle, Goedert
2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2 (Rebuild): 12-team Superflex 22-man 0.5PPR, 1.0PP1D:
QB: Rodgers, Wilson
RB: KJ, Cohen, Sanders, Laird
WR: OBJ, JuJu, Chark, Samuel, Tate, Hardman, Isabella, Boykin
TE: OJH, Fant, Knox
2020: 2, 2, 3, 4

Team 3: 12-team Superflex 28-man 3WR PPR:
QB: Cousins, Rodgers, Rosen, Grier
RB: Henry, Sanders, Guice, Penny, Armstead
WR: KA, AB, OBJ, Golladay, Pettis, Washington, Slayton, Z. Jones
TE: OJH, Herndon, Gesicki
2020: 3, 3, 4, 5

Team 4 (Rebuild): 12-team Superflex 28-man 3WR PPR:
QB: Watson, Garopollo, Haskins
RB: Mixon, Jacobs, Mack, Hill
WR: Hill, Lockett, Chark, Boykin, McLaurin, Cobb
TE: OJH, Rudolph, Moreau
2020: 1, 1, 2, 3

alewilliam789
Captain
Captain
Posts: 937
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:01 pm

Re: Dante Pettis.....WHAT IS HAPPENING

Postby alewilliam789 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:02 pm

Everybody shouldn’t be hoping for the next Boyd. I’m not saying it’s the sole reason, but Dante Pettis did not have good analytics behind his game. Barely a 50th percentile if either DR or BA. Didn’t dominate over his career. Slightly below average-average combine. He should not have been on anyone’s buy list considering his chances for top 24 success. Quite frankly shouldn’t have been a 2nd round nfl draft pick. He may still have a one big year or a couple big games, but at best I think he ends up being a good/consistent WR3 for your team.

Both Davante Adams and Boyd actually had pretty good analytics so we really need to stop comparing apples to oranges. Also need to stop ignoring BAs and DRs
12 Owner 1 PPR (4th Season) 1QB, 2WR, 1RB, 1TE, 1 FLEX, 1K, 1 DEF -- 20 man roster
Record: 7-6
QB - Watson, Prescott, Carr
WR - Courtland Sutton, Michael Gallup, AJ Brown, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, John Brown, Andy Isabella, Josh Reynolds
RB - Miles Sanders
TE - T.J. Hockenson, I Thomas, J. Oliver

Picks:
2020-
4 1sts, 5 2nds, and a 3rd


12 Owner 1 PPR (3rd Season) 1QB, 2WR, 1RB, 1TE, 1 FLEX, 1K, 1 DEF -- 20 man roster
Record: 6-7
QB: Rivers, Wentz, Lock
RB: David Johnson, Mixon, Hyde
WR: Michael Thomas, Amari Cooper, Brandin Cooks, AJ Green, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Josh Reynolds, Andy Isabella
TE: Kittle, OJ Howard, Chris Herndon

Picks:
2020-
1st and 3rd

12 Owner 1 PPR (1st Season) 1QB 1-3 RB 1-3 WR 1-2 TE
1 K 1D/ST — 20 man rosters
Record: 7-6
QB: Mahomes, Stafford
RB: Chubb, Guice, Penny, Duke Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR: Landry, Sutton, Marvin Jones, Harry, Crowder, Josh Reynolds
TE: Hooper, Goedert

2020:
2 1st, 1 2nd, 1 3rd Round Picks

Johnny B. Goode
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 279
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:18 pm

Re: Dante Pettis.....WHAT IS HAPPENING

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:03 am

alewilliam789 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:02 pm
Also need to stop ignoring BAs and DRs
This. Pettis was considered a bust by these metrics which are incredibly accurate

User avatar
Titans95
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4544
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:47 pm

Re: Dante Pettis.....WHAT IS HAPPENING

Postby Titans95 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:52 am

Jigga94 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:27 pm
Lol Jackson for Pettis was me... I obviously am holding Pettis but you'd have to be blind to not be concerned
I never said the concern wasn't real, but quite frankly this is more confusion than concern for me. Shanahan's action's and words are contradictory. I don't understand how all of OTA's Shanahan and JG were praising Pettis and then training camp rolls around and its like Pettis is the worst WR in the room. Then they name him a starter and play him 2 snaps and then claim it was a groin injury that was hardly reported on. Definitely odd and something to monitor but most Pettis owners likely acquired him in the mid/late 2nd round of rookie drafts last season. That price is cheap enough to ride this out and see what you have, his landing spot and opportunity are as good as you could ever hope for.

Kmani6
Starter
Starter
Posts: 691
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:35 pm

Re: Dante Pettis.....WHAT IS HAPPENING

Postby Kmani6 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:24 pm

Combine?! Dante Pettis is an crazy athlete just saying. 41 inch vertical, 6.73 3-cone, 4.47 40 and 129 in. broad jump. He's also an amazing route runner and is only 23 (same age as Deebo)... I'd say he has time.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Dak Prescott
RB: Todd Gurley, Nick Chubb, Dalvin Cook
WR: Devante Adams, Mike Evans, OBJ , Keenan Allen, A.J. Brown, Auden Tate, C. Samuel, D. Pettis, Zach Pascal, D. Johnson, A. Miller
TE: Travis Kelce,George Kittle, Jonnu Smith

2020 Picks: 1.03, 1.05
2021 Picks: 1st, 3rd

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 12274
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Dante Pettis.....WHAT IS HAPPENING

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:37 pm

Kmani6 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:24 pm
Combine?! Dante Pettis is an crazy athlete just saying. 41 inch vertical, 6.73 3-cone, 4.47 40 and 129 in. broad jump. He's also an amazing route runner and is only 23 (same age as Deebo)... I'd say he has time.
The metrics that people were concerned with were breakout age and dominator rating, not his athleticism.
DLF Early Birds Special/ Year 1 (16 Team SuperFlex 25 man roster Start 10)

Record: 28-5 Division Champ/League High Scorer/Runner Up

Wentz, Stafford. Driskel
Chubb, Cook, Carson, Breida, Ekeler, Penny, James White, Sproles
Evans, Sutton, Woods, Agholor, Sanu, Higgins, D Robinson, T Taylor
Kittle, Olsen, McDonald, Ian Thomas, Clay

Ice
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2035
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 6:17 pm

Re: Dante Pettis.....WHAT IS HAPPENING

Postby Ice » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:43 pm

Kmani6 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:24 pm
Combine?! Dante Pettis is an crazy athlete just saying. 41 inch vertical, 6.73 3-cone, 4.47 40 and 129 in. broad jump. He's also an amazing route runner and is only 23 (same age as Deebo)... I'd say he has time.
Don’t see him as amazing route runner at all. Rounds off a lot and gear changes are close to non existent Imo.

I avoided him in all drafts due to these issues.

Agree he has time but he doesn’t play very fast at this point. Single speed player. Think he is more a WR2 type on his team. Better DB’s will shut him down.

Just not the type of player I like for fantasy.

User avatar
lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 11321
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 2:41 pm

Re: Dante Pettis.....WHAT IS HAPPENING

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:15 pm

Ice wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:43 pm
Kmani6 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:24 pm
Combine?! Dante Pettis is an crazy athlete just saying. 41 inch vertical, 6.73 3-cone, 4.47 40 and 129 in. broad jump. He's also an amazing route runner and is only 23 (same age as Deebo)... I'd say he has time.
Don’t see him as amazing route runner at all. Rounds off a lot and gear changes are close to non existent Imo.

I avoided him in all drafts due to these issues.

Agree he has time but he doesn’t play very fast at this point. Single speed player. Think he is more a WR2 type on his team. Better DB’s will shut him down.

Just not the type of player I like for fantasy.
I really don’t see how you can say he’s not a great route runner? That seems pretty cut and dry when watching him. He’s not necessarily as explosive or herky jerky as Tyreek or AB when he’s in space, but when running routes, he is electric. Gets instant separation from defenders, puts DBs on skates consistently, etc.

He may be a head case with teammates and coaches, he may not care enough about football to be great in the pros, and he may be a diva or mentally unstable. Who knows. We certainly can’t know.

But he is extremely polished as a route runner.
TEAM A - 12 teams (2018 champ, 2017 R/U)
BREES, Jimmy G, Haskins, Keenum
COOK/JACOBS/BELL, Gurley, Shady, Gio, Gallman, Ollison, D Washington, M Davis, Ware, Rodney A
NUK/HILL/EVANS/GOLLADAY/K ALLEN, Hilton, Edelman, Alshon, Sammy, Wims, Dez, Hardy
KITTLE, Waller, Herndon, J Graham, Eifert
-
Not listing my IDP, but they matter as much as offense in this league
///
///
TEAM B - 32 teams, double copy - TEs get slight bump in scoring (1st year league, tanking this year to build through 2020 draft)
DARNOLD, Carr, Rosen, Eli, Tyrod
SAQUON/MIXON, Hines, Gallman, L Miller
NUK/EVANS/OBJ/K ALLEN/HOLLYWOOD, R Anderson, A Tate, Coutee
KITTLE/NJOKU, Ian Thomas, James O
-
Danielle Hunter and then a bunch of stashes for IDP

User avatar
Prison_Mike
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1058
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:57 am

Re: Dante Pettis.....WHAT IS HAPPENING

Postby Prison_Mike » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:25 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:15 pm
Ice wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:43 pm
Kmani6 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:24 pm
Combine?! Dante Pettis is an crazy athlete just saying. 41 inch vertical, 6.73 3-cone, 4.47 40 and 129 in. broad jump. He's also an amazing route runner and is only 23 (same age as Deebo)... I'd say he has time.
Don’t see him as amazing route runner at all. Rounds off a lot and gear changes are close to non existent Imo.

I avoided him in all drafts due to these issues.

Agree he has time but he doesn’t play very fast at this point. Single speed player. Think he is more a WR2 type on his team. Better DB’s will shut him down.

Just not the type of player I like for fantasy.
I really don’t see how you can say he’s not a great route runner? That seems pretty cut and dry when watching him. He’s not necessarily as explosive or herky jerky as Tyreek or AB when he’s in space, but when running routes, he is electric. Gets instant separation from defenders, puts DBs on skates consistently, etc.

He may be a head case with teammates and coaches, he may not care enough about football to be great in the pros, and he may be a diva or mentally unstable. Who knows. We certainly can’t know.

But he is extremely polished as a route runner.
x2

Go watch his releases, they’re nasty

I agree with some of the criticisms of his game that have been mentioned in this thread. But there are certain aspects of his game that are undeniable, (such as his route running)

Bottom line, I think it just comes down to tempering expectations. There was a time where he was considered a young Diggs or Keenan by some

More realistic would be a low-end WR2 / high-end WR3. And at his current price/age/situation, I’ll gladly buy

There’s obviously a decent amount of concern and this situation has been pretty bizarre IMO, but I think it’s created a buy (very low) window


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ArrylT, DJB, jenkins.math, mgscott, MucBuc and 24 guests