OTC Soon - Need help fast!

General discussion and team advice concerning IDP Leagues.
dabearsfan
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

OTC Soon - Need help fast!

Postby dabearsfan » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:48 am

It's the 7th round of my start-up draft (2nd team in sig). Pick 65 is on the clock and I own picks 66 and 70. Just wondering if this is the time to go IDP? No IDPs have been taken yet. This is a 2 QB league but I have decided I am going to wait a while yet to get my 2nd QB. The best available are guys like Orton, Cassell, Sanchez, Palmer, etc... There are only four teams without a 2nd QB right now and about 8 guys that I value the same so I think I can wait a couple more rounds at least before addressing QB.

I guess what I am wondering is if this the time to grab one of the top LBs or should I continue to fill my offensive starters first. Here are some of players still available:

RB: DWill, Felix, Beanie, Lynch, Addai, Benson, Pats RBs, Packers RBs
WR: Crabtree, Britt, Rice, S Johnson, Lloyd
TE: Only Finley, Gates, Davis, Witten and Clark have been taken

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: OTC Soon - Need help fast!

Postby MR ROURKE » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:46 pm

Just because only 4 teams don't have a second QB yet, doesn't mean that someone who already has one won't take one. Everyone will really want to have 3 starting QB's. Britt and Crabtree still have a decent value for the flex. Starting 2 TE's puts a decent premium on that position as well. I wouldn't take a LB here.

ekassor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ekassor » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:46 pm

MR ROURKE wrote:Just because only 4 teams don't have a second QB yet, doesn't mean that someone who already has one won't take one. Everyone will really want to have 3 starting QB's. Britt and Crabtree still have a decent value for the flex. Starting 2 TE's puts a decent premium on that position as well. I wouldn't take a LB here.
I agree. Wait on IDP, you need to address QB and TE.

TheFlyingLineman
Starter
Starter

Postby TheFlyingLineman » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:45 pm

Stafford still there? I say Dwill with 66 and then the QB of your choice at 70. When do you pick after 70? If it's a significant length, then I would probably go with a QB with 66 and TE with 70. Personally though, with no IDP's gone yet, I think there will be plenty of serviceable TE's available... And DWill would be a great add since you already have Stewart.