Luck retiring!!!!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Luck retiring!!!!

Postby ArrylT » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:32 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:19 pm Kirk Cousins is happy that Luck retired. He can now call himself a top 10 NFL QB.
There is a silver lining to every story. 8-)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:43 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:35 pm
dark_knite03 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:11 pm Guessing that this makes the Doyle/Ebron debate easier.....take neither
Doyle actually had his best year with Brissett - but it is definitely going to depend on how good their connection remains and how much the Colts need him to block.
This is a great insight.

Doyle's 2017 was his best turning in a 80-690-4 on 108 targets. This was the year Luck missed and Brissett played the entire year. Doyle was his safety valve.

Saw Brissett say something the other day about working to develop chemistry with a bunch of Colts, and he explicitly mentioned Ebron. Struck me as odd. Then I realized he didn't mention Doyle because the dude *already* has chemistry with Jack Doyle having played an entire year with him.

Net? Doyle is the TE to own in Indy. He's once again the underdog, a role he seems to pay off consistently.

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:41 pm

pvillebiker wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:55 pm Wonder how long it takes the colts to sign Brissett to a long term extension - before season start? LOL

Colts hand Jacoby Brissett two-year, $30M extension

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -extension

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:11 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:16 pm
IBall2 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:50 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:07 pm All retired early/young team

QB: Luck
RB: Sanders
WR: Megatron
TE: Gronk
How come we say Megatron retired too early but nobody mentions Doug Baldwin? Both retired at 30 years old.
1. Baldwin is not remotely on the same level as Megatron as a player/talent.

2. Doug Baldwin played 13 games in 2018 while dealing with injuries. He had played in all 16 games the prior 5 seaons. Megatron retired rather abruptly to the outside eye, he played through a myriad of injuries that we didn't really see or know the severity of.
Fixed that for you.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:39 pm

pvillebiker wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:41 pm
pvillebiker wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:55 pm Wonder how long it takes the colts to sign Brissett to a long term extension - before season start? LOL

He's by far the biggest winner of Luck's retirement

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:23 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:39 pm
pvillebiker wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:41 pm

He's by far the biggest winner of Luck's retirement
And I'm the biggest loser!! :wall: So many SF and 2 QB shares UGH!
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:54 pm

pvillebiker wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:43 pm
dark_knite03 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:11 pm Guessing that this makes the Doyle/Ebron debate easier.....take neither
Doyle actually had his best year with Brissett - but it is definitely going to depend on how good their connection remains and how much the Colts need him to block.
This is a great insight.

Doyle's 2017 was his best turning in a 80-690-4 on 108 targets. This was the year Luck missed and Brissett played the entire year. Doyle was his safety valve.

Saw Brissett say something the other day about working to develop chemistry with a bunch of Colts, and he explicitly mentioned Ebron. Struck me as odd. Then I realized he didn't mention Doyle because the dude *already* has chemistry with Jack Doyle having played an entire year with him.

Net? Doyle is the TE to own in Indy. He's once again the underdog, a role he seems to pay off consistently.
I'd say the TE position may still have value with Brissett, that includes Ebron and Doyle. Ebron being the superior athlete, I'd go with him to return better receiving numbers.
The only thing Doyle has going for him is he is the better blocker and plays more. He is not nearly as dynamic in the passing game. So don't go too crazy over Doyle. Also in 2017, there were limited options to throw the ball to. Don't simply take Doyle's 2017 numbers and apply them to the 2019 Colts team.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:18 pm

remedy29 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:54 pm
pvillebiker wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:43 pm

This is a great insight.

I'd say the TE position may still have value with Brissett, that includes Ebron and Doyle. Ebron being the superior athlete, I'd go with him to return better receiving numbers.
The only thing Doyle has going for him is he is the better blocker and plays more. He is not nearly as dynamic in the passing game. So don't go too crazy over Doyle. Also in 2017, there were limited options to throw the ball to. Don't simply take Doyle's 2017 numbers and apply them to the 2019 Colts team.
Agreed, 2017 Colts were TY, moncreif :boohoo: , Frank Gore(who isn't know as a pass catcher for the most recent half of his career), (baby marlon Mack), and doyle

2019 Colts have TY, Campbell, Ebron, big time Mack, and doyle.

While it's not bonifide top tier pass catchers all the way through like CLE, this would be a solid group without Doyle. Doyle is good, but won't see the same #s at 2017
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:29 am

Brissett in 2017 was thrown into a very tough spot, however, 2019? I don't think he has much of an excuse if he plays badly. He's no Luck, but he certainly has the pieces around him to be successful.

If I'm starting Brissett in a 2QB/SF, I'm also grabbing Hoyer or Swag Kelly.