Kenny F'ing Britt

Discuss free agency, trade rumors, games, and everything else concerning the NFL HERE!
ekassor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Kenny F'ing Britt

Postby ekassor » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:51 pm

Tempest in a Teapot, OMG they're taking away Kenny's driver license! Clearly this kid needs to get into camp, but this type of stuff is no worse than Dez owing 1/2 the world money. In the scheme of things a couple game suspension is no big deal, and that's worst case.

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:50 am

nightmarion wrote:Looks like Damian Williams is becoming a pretty good sleeper pick at this rate.
Oh, forgot about him...he got some hype for being the most NFL ready WR in the class, along with Robiskie!
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:53 pm

My question is: Why is Kenny Britt so hyped in the first place???

Week 7 last year against Philly he put up a monster 7 catch 225 yd. 3 TD game, yet only went over 100 yards one other time last season and never had more than 6 catches in a game after that.
- The TDs were impressive, but other than that one huge game, nothing that great
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5130/kenny-britt

Britt is a young talent and has certainly shown some flashes, but is he really THAT impressive right now????
- We have enough threads going on dealing with his mountain of legal issues so not going further with that, but..........
1. A suspension is certainly likely now, and possibly a lenghty suspension if problems continue (seems to be a new one everyday)
2. Tennesse is working in a rookie QB and brand new head coach, which could easily bring down Britt's production anyway
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:09 pm

Shawn wrote:My question is: Why is Kenny Britt so hyped in the first place???
He turns 23 in September, caught 9 touchdown passes and has shown the traits of a legit #1 WR. There really is no hype surrounding his skill set and ability to dominate at his position. He's got the size most of us fantasy GMs covet.

Kerry Collins and Vince Young aren't exactly stud QB's either so Locker or another vet QB don't worry me.

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:30 pm

hot nikkels wrote:
He turns 23 in September, caught 9 touchdown passes and has shown the traits of a legit #1 WR. There really is no hype surrounding his skill set and ability to dominate at his position. He's got the size most of us fantasy GMs covet.

Kerry Collins and Vince Young aren't exactly stud QB's either so Locker or another vet QB don't worry me.

Locker is actually a reason that makes me feel even better having accquired Britt for Jimmy Graham.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

ekassor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ekassor » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:53 pm

Locker is way undervalued.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:54 am

I think that's a really good question. As a Britt supporter (which gets harder to be with each passing day), I'll give you my perspective:
- I agree his year status for 2010 are skewed by the week 7 numbers.
- Take out week 7, he had 6 TDs in the 9 other games he played (that's still quite solid)
- Again excluding week 7, he averaged a little over 60 yards per game on 7 targets (not bad)
- He has the possibility to explode at any point and have a week 7
- He's probably a little more valuable in a non-PPR mostly because the Titans only throw so much
- Seems from some other threads that he can be bought cheaply at times
- The Titans need to orient the offensive toward CJ and Britt. Their talent far exceeds any other players they have

With all that said, I don't think he's "elite" or even all that close. For me he is high end WR2 who probably comes at a discount. Plus he has WR1 upside. All in, that's not bad. To put it in terms of other players: I'd rather own Maclin/Colston/Wallace than Britt, but I'd rather own Britt than Rice/S.Johnson/Harvin.

ekassor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ekassor » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:10 am

Not to mention that the Titans now have a franchise QB in Jake Locker. :wink: