Paul Perkins

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Paul Perkins

Postby Jcedwards » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:08 am

So apparently he is having a fantastic offseason and has surpassed Gallman as the primary backup to Barkley, at this moment. Of course Saquon is going to be the bellcow, so Perkins has no stand alone value. If he does indeed win that #2 RB job, is he worth a pickup though for a Barkley owner? Or would it become a committee approach if Barkley was to get injured?
12 team .5 PPR league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 13 BN, 1 IR

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
RB- Barkley / Pollard / Kamara / Brian Robinson / Dillon / Charbonnet / Dowdle
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
D/ST- Bills / Dolphins / Chiefs
K- Butker

Taxi- Levis / Roschon Johnson / Jameson Williams / Michael Wilson / Okonkwo

Picks- 2023: 1.02, 1.11, 2.10, 2.11, 3.11, 4.10, 4.11

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Paul Perkins

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:29 am

I am of the belief that, provided you have the roster space, it is always a good idea to own a backup on a team that is going to have a strong offence or one that you know the RB is going to be heavily involved. All it takes is 1 injury - and even if it is for a couple of weeks at best - you have a guy who could be a RB3 at worst, and possibly RB2 or RB1.

Obviously, due to roster limitations, you cannot own backups for every team, especially in places where there are 2-3 different potential choices - but you can pick your spots.

If I recall correctly, Perkins had some buzz coming out back in 2016 - and I am pretty sure he was a late 1st or early 2nd selection (12 team leagues) in many rookie drafts. I believe he missed the entire 2018 season, which combined with the arrival of Barkley, pretty much means he is free in many leagues. At that cost, again roster dependant, it certainly could be worth a stash - just in case.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:38 am

Since I would not be surprised if many owners either forgot about or do not know who Paul Perkins is - here are some old threads to help owners get a perspective on how Perkins was valued 2-3 years ago.

https://forum.dynastyleaguefootball.com ... 5&t=145236

https://forum.dynastyleaguefootball.com ... 5&t=140368

https://forum.dynastyleaguefootball.com ... 5&t=141327

https://forum.dynastyleaguefootball.com ... 5&t=139867

https://forum.dynastyleaguefootball.com ... 5&t=133900

https://forum.dynastyleaguefootball.com ... 5&t=119648

And as an added bonus everything on Perkins from one of our RB gurus (dlf_mikeh):

https://forum.dynastyleaguefootball.com ... mit=Search
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:24 am

he started the first 4 games in 2017, totalling 61 rushing and 35 receiving yards.
he's had 9 rushing attempts and one reception since then.
gallman is still there and doesn't look utter garbage, and they added rod smith.

i'm out.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:51 am

ArrylT wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:29 am I am of the belief that, provided you have the roster space, it is always a good idea to own a backup on a team that is going to have a strong offence or one that you know the RB is going to be heavily involved. All it takes is 1 injury - and even if it is for a couple of weeks at best - you have a guy who could be a RB3 at worst, and possibly RB2 or RB1.

Obviously, due to roster limitations, you cannot own backups for every team, especially in places where there are 2-3 different potential choices - but you can pick your spots.

If I recall correctly, Perkins had some buzz coming out back in 2016 - and I am pretty sure he was a late 1st or early 2nd selection (12 team leagues) in many rookie drafts. I believe he missed the entire 2018 season, which combined with the arrival of Barkley, pretty much means he is free in many leagues. At that cost, again roster dependant, it certainly could be worth a stash - just in case.
Exactly this. The deeper the league, the more warranted the stash. Perkins profiles as a better athlete and receiver than Gallman. There's worse RB stashes, especially considering the cost to acquire him.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Jcedwards
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Jcedwards » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:07 am

ArrylT wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:38 am Since I would not be surprised if many owners either forgot about or do not know who Paul Perkins is - here are some old threads to help owners get a perspective on how Perkins was valued 2-3 years ago.

https://forum.dynastyleaguefootball.com ... 5&t=145236

https://forum.dynastyleaguefootball.com ... 5&t=140368

https://forum.dynastyleaguefootball.com ... 5&t=141327

https://forum.dynastyleaguefootball.com ... 5&t=139867

https://forum.dynastyleaguefootball.com ... 5&t=133900

https://forum.dynastyleaguefootball.com ... 5&t=119648

And as an added bonus everything on Perkins from one of our RB gurus (dlf_mikeh):

https://forum.dynastyleaguefootball.com ... mit=Search
Appreciate you taking the time to look of those links.
12 team .5 PPR league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 D/ST, 1 K, 13 BN, 1 IR

2019 and 2020 Champion

QB- Mahomes / Purdy
RB- Barkley / Pollard / Kamara / Brian Robinson / Dillon / Charbonnet / Dowdle
WR- ARSB / Amari Cooper / Ridley / Diontae Johnson / Michael Thomas / Doubs / Wicks
TE- Goedert / Waller
D/ST- Bills / Dolphins / Chiefs
K- Butker

Taxi- Levis / Roschon Johnson / Jameson Williams / Michael Wilson / Okonkwo

Picks- 2023: 1.02, 1.11, 2.10, 2.11, 3.11, 4.10, 4.11

jimmycricket14
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby jimmycricket14 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:06 am

As a Barkley owner I am not interested in his handcuff this year. If Barkley goes down this year I am not optimistic his replacement will even return RB3 value. The thought of Perkins/Rod Smith/Gallman led offense, helmed by one of Eli Manning or Daniel Jones, with the best offensive weapon being Sterling Sheppard is not appealing in the slightest. That offense won't be able to move the ball without Saquon. Hard pass for me unless there is nobody else out there to fill my roster spot. I would rather snag the handcuff for almost every other backfield in the league.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:06 am

Perkins has okay breakfast, but everything else there is pretty mediocre.. oh Paul Perkins! Yeah even if Barkley goes down I don't see Perkins doing much or having any value, he didn't do anything when he had the chance. I'd rather spend the bench spot on someone else
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:54 am

WHERES DAVID WILSON WHEN WE NEED HIM MOST?
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:02 pm

jimmycricket14 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:06 am As a Barkley owner I am not interested in his handcuff this year. If Barkley goes down this year I am not optimistic his replacement will even return RB3 value. The thought of Perkins/Rod Smith/Gallman led offense, helmed by one of Eli Manning or Daniel Jones, with the best offensive weapon being Sterling Sheppard is not appealing in the slightest. That offense won't be able to move the ball without Saquon. Hard pass for me unless there is nobody else out there to fill my roster spot. I would rather snag the handcuff for almost every other backfield in the league.
This is a good take. If the split is something like 85/15 when Barkley is in (I'm too lazy to research this, it may even be higher), I can't imagine any of the other backs approaching such a high usage number if Barkley were to get hurt. It will likely be a frustratingly hard to predict RRBC.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: 1.06, 2.06, 4.06, 5.06, 6.06, 7.06, 8.06

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:07 pm

I get the point that this team will be run heavy, but without Barkley's transcendent talent I think it's more likely we see a void of fantasy production rather than a backup stepping into relevance. Wouldn't mind to hold Perkins if I had the space as a speculative add, but I wouldn't be paying for him.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:48 pm

If I owned Barkley, I wouldn't waste space on Gallman or Perkins--Both are mediocre. If Barkley goes down, the Giants offense is just screwed altogether and will be a nightmare.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:33 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:48 pm If I owned Barkley, I wouldn't waste space on Gallman or Perkins--Both are mediocre. If Barkley goes down, the Giants offense is just screwed altogether and will be a nightmare.
x2. This isn't a high powered rushing attack like the Rams, Steelers or Cowboys where you could plug a guy into that scheme and get solid production. Barkley covers up a lot of bad line play in NY.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:06 am

Players like this are all league specific as to whether they should be owned. If your league rosters 400+ players (non-IDP) then likely any back with a shot at being a team's rb2 should be owned by someone. If your league rosters 250, then a guy like Perkins shouldn't even be a consideration.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Maximus891
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Maximus891 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:24 am

Barkley does everything amazing due to his talents. Perkins I have always view as a guy who can do everything good, but nothing great. If Barkley goes down it will be a RBBC buy I believe Perkins will be used the most.
Team 1 (18/19 Champ)
QB- Rivers, Jimmy G, Flacco
RB- LF, Kamara, Henry, Ito, Barber, RoJo, Harris, Brieda,
WR- Hopkins, Evans, Golladay, Foster, McLaurin, Perriman
TE- Kelce, Eifert, Knox, Gronk
Taxi-R Ridley, Love

Team 2 (16/18/19 Champ)
QB- Watson, Goff
RB- Zeke, CMC, Gordon, Chubb, R Freeman, Hunt
WR- MT, M Williams, Kupp, Campbell, Chark, Ross
TE- Henry, Hooper, Andrews

Team 3 (17/18 Champ)