Ertz or Sony & Kyler

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Ertz or Sony & Kyler

Postby Johnny Canuck » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:16 am

I had this offered to me, and declined. Now I'm kind of wondering if I should revisit it.

Reasons I Declined

Eagles Portion
- Ertz will turn 29 during the season.
- Ertz had the most targets in TE history, and is primed for regression.
- Goedert is getting a ton of buzz and appears to be making a jump, which might take target/market share.
- Eagles also added JJAW and Djax, so there's even more competent team mates taking more pieces of the passing game pie.
- Sanders/Howard are the best RBs they've had in a while, so more RZ drives might end with a RB run instead of a pass from Wentz.
- Per FantasyFootballers UDK, the Eagles are ranked 30th in SOS for the TE position.

Pats Portion
- Sony is 24.
- Had a knee scope, which isn't all that serious, but the pats still added a 3rd rounder in Harris (whom apparently has looked good in camp).
- Sony had a bit of an injury plagued rookie season, but when he played he was solid, and he was elite in the playoffs.
- With Gronk/Gordon gone, it's expected that the pats will be run heavy.
- The last time Gronk was out for an extended period, the Pats gave Blount 300 carries, and Blount was the number 7 RB that yr.
- The Pats only gave Blount 8 targets that yr, so the low targets volume argument doesn't bother me for Sony.
- Per FantasyFootballers UDK, the Pats are ranked 5th in SOS for the RB position.

Cards Portion
- Kyler is 22.
- Obvs not a whole lot of NFL stuff to go off, but he's primed to have a big impact right off the hop.
- Running QBs have historically been fast producers in fantasy, and have jumped into the top 10 for QBs regularly in their rookie seasons.
- There's too much other stuff but give this article a gander if your curious. https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/264 ... ing-up-for
- I'm also a touch nervous about Lucks shoulder ever acting up again, so it's nice to have the position covered for yrs, in theory.
- Per FantasyFootballers UDK, the Cards are ranked 1st in SOS for the QB position.

*For SOS 1 = easiest, 32 = hardest.

Anyways, that was all my reasoning behind declining the deal. I had a buddy say I should of taken it, and obvs I'm looking thru my own bias. So I'm curious what the community thinks. Please lemme know if you would of taken the deal and why? thanks

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Ertz or Sony & Kyler

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:24 am

You need the TE help but I would probably hold and let Fant develop. You have great pieces, let it play out.

smallxl
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby smallxl » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:44 am

Gator Sens wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:24 am You need the TE help but I would probably hold and let Fant develop. You have great pieces, let it play out.
Agreed. I'd keep murray and michel... even without Fant but you're ok at TE
22-man, 12-team, 1 pt-PPR; Start 1-2RB; 3-4 WR; 1-2 TE

TEAM 1
QB: Prescott, Foles
RB: Barkley, P Barber, Duke, Gio Bernard, Gus, C Thompson, Breida, Ekeler
WR: A Cooper, Cooks, Lockett, C. Davis, Crowder, Chark, Stills
TE: OJ Howard

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:00 pm

Johnny Canuck wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:16 am I had this offered to me, and declined. Now I'm kind of wondering if I should revisit it.

Reasons I Declined

Eagles Portion
- Ertz will turn 29 during the season.
- Ertz had the most targets in TE history, and is primed for regression.
- Goedert is getting a ton of buzz and appears to be making a jump, which might take target/market share.
- Eagles also added JJAW and Djax, so there's even more competent team mates taking more pieces of the passing game pie.
- Sanders/Howard are the best RBs they've had in a while, so more RZ drives might end with a RB run instead of a pass from Wentz.
- Per FantasyFootballers UDK, the Eagles are ranked 30th in SOS for the TE position.

Pats Portion
- Sony is 24.
- Had a knee scope, which isn't all that serious, but the pats still added a 3rd rounder in Harris (whom apparently has looked good in camp).
- Sony had a bit of an injury plagued rookie season, but when he played he was solid, and he was elite in the playoffs.
- With Gronk/Gordon gone, it's expected that the pats will be run heavy.
- The last time Gronk was out for an extended period, the Pats gave Blount 300 carries, and Blount was the number 7 RB that yr.
- The Pats only gave Blount 8 targets that yr, so the low targets volume argument doesn't bother me for Sony.
- Per FantasyFootballers UDK, the Pats are ranked 5th in SOS for the RB position.

Cards Portion
- Kyler is 22.
- Obvs not a whole lot of NFL stuff to go off, but he's primed to have a big impact right off the hop.
- Running QBs have historically been fast producers in fantasy, and have jumped into the top 10 for QBs regularly in their rookie seasons.
- There's too much other stuff but give this article a gander if your curious. https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/264 ... ing-up-for
- I'm also a touch nervous about Lucks shoulder ever acting up again, so it's nice to have the position covered for yrs, in theory.
- Per FantasyFootballers UDK, the Cards are ranked 1st in SOS for the QB position.

*For SOS 1 = easiest, 32 = hardest.

Anyways, that was all my reasoning behind declining the deal. I had a buddy say I should of taken it, and obvs I'm looking thru my own bias. So I'm curious what the community thinks. Please lemme know if you would of taken the deal and why? thanks
I think your team is competitive this year but to me next year with those 3 1sts will really be your year to make a run. Therefor, id stay put and let your team develop alittle more.

If you feel you are poised to make a run this year (you know your league better than I do) but need a stud TE to put you over the top then use some of you draft capital and bench to try to get one.
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Feilds, Lance, Stafford
RB: Javonte, Charbonnet
WR: Godwin, Boyd, Aiyuk, Mingo, Downs
TE: Kincaid, Kraft, Schoonmaker

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Lamar, Baker
RB: Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Ekeler, Sanders, Dillon, Pierce
WR: Diggs, Hill, Lockett, Addison
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Logan Thomas

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

QB: Kyler, Feilds
RB: CMC, Javonte, Dobbins, Dillo, Brian Robinson
WR: AJB, Godwin, DJ Moore, Keenan, Lamb, Burks, Toney
TE: Kittle, Hockenson

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:15 pm

in a 1 qb this is a vast error my man.

you are too optimistic about your own players and too gloom and doom about a sure stud you dont own (but could own!)
dude trended the right way for 3 seasons and broke out last year in a big way, following the career arc we hope to get and expect from high end TEs, and we wanna say why its a fluke?! but yet nobody is questioning Kittle whos a 5th round pick and hasnt played with his teams starting qb much and whos team added tons of weapons. the forum is a funny place at times. (i only mention Kittle because it seems set in stone that he is the TE2 and ertz is a distant 3rd)
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

thomasscheeks
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby thomasscheeks » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:17 pm

This is Ertz by A LOT in a 1QB league

Please try to get this back, and even add a little if you have to lol
10 Man IDP, .75 ppr, Big Play Bonus, TE Prem, 2 QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 2 TE, 2 DT, 2 DE, 3 LB, 4 DB, 34 Keepers (17 off - 17 IDP)
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Tannehill, Fitzmagic
RB: Jacobs, Javonte, Drake, Mack
WR: Thomas, DJ Moore, Mike Williams, Golladay, Mooney, Kirk, Shepard, Parker
TE: Kittle, Ito Smith, Ebron, Bryant, Seals-Jones
DT: Simmons, Cox, Oliver, Vea
DL: Bosa, Hunter, Heyward, Greenard, Odeyingbo
LB: Watt, White, Cunningham, Kirksey
DB: Collins, Duggar, J Reid, Clark, Edmunds

12 Man, 1 ppr, 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1 TE
QB: Tua, Jameis, Cam, Taysom
RB: Taylor, Javonte, CEH
WR: Jefferson, Nuk, Diontae, Juju, Shepard, Mooney, Robby Anderson
TE: Henry, Gesicki, Brevin, Cook

12 Man, 1 ppr, 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1 TE
QB: Russ, Matty Ice, Tannehill
RB: CMC, Dobbins, Sanders. Scott, Mack
WR: Nuk, Keenan, Mooney, Patrick, Collins, Dyami
TE: Andrews, Schultz, Brevin, Akins

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:54 pm

I flip flopped on this one for a long time.

I ended up making the trade for Ertz & Chi DST.

I still feel like I gave up a bit more than needed, but it is a one QB, and Josh Allen was on the waiver wire so I snagged him to replace Kyler. The main factor for deciding to do it was the age of TY and AJG. I feel like every yr those two WRs give me, I got a chance, but once one of them (or both) fall off that age cliff, I'll have to reboot my WR core a bit (to be a real contender).

Figure if I'm gonne be riding out those aging vets, might as well give my roster the best shot possible to win a ship

L’stone
Rookie
Rookie

Postby L’stone » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:36 pm

What on Earth was Josh Allen doing on the waiver wire?!
14 team Dynasty: second year, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2 Flex, 1K, 1DEF. Default scoring except QB TD 6 points, INT -3 points. Bolded is roughly the base weekly lineup.

QB: Carson Wentz
RB: Saquon Barkley, Todd Gurley
WR: Julio Jones, Adam Thielen, Amari Cooper
TE: Zach Ertz
K: Robbie Gould
DEF: Cowboys
Flex and Sub Options:
QB: Brady, Manning
RB: Mack, Damien Williams, Hines, Dexter Williams
WR: Edelman, Robinson, Boykin, Cain
TE: Warring, Sample
DEF: 49ers, Chiefs