Darrell Henderson

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Darrell Henderson

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 26, 2019 8:27 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:24 pm I'd be worried if I owned any shares of Gurley
That's fine. That doesn't matter to me. The point is there is no new news on Gurley. That's the only point I'm trying to make.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun May 26, 2019 8:35 pm

https://www.12up.com/posts/todd-gurley- ... dbtb151b0m

I think Henderson is a BUY at this point for a mid to late 1st. Rams have invested heavily in him, and that's inarguable.

Remember, the RB situation is more landing spot predicated than any other spot. And this dude landed with a great offense and a guy who is possibly on his last leg.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 26, 2019 8:42 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:35 pm https://www.12up.com/posts/todd-gurley- ... dbtb151b0m

I think Henderson is a BUY at this point for a mid to late 1st. Rams have invested heavily in him, and that's inarguable.

Remember, the RB situation is more landing spot predicated than any other spot. And this dude landed with a great offense and a guy who is possibly on his last leg.
This article was already posted, and again, nothing new in it. People are just having a "knee jerk" reaction to an old idea being repackaged. :lol:

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Sun May 26, 2019 8:54 pm

Well regardless of the article I was Henderson as a buy right after draft. Hope he falls to my 2.02 but doubt it with Gurley owner at 1.10.

I can't see any reason they'd invest what they did for a backup if they either a) planned to use Gurley less to preserve him or b) plan to have a replacement when Gurley goes down. Either is not great for Gurley owners. I could argue A is worse (purely from fantasy) as then the points are being split but may not be worth starting both (like wouldn't be). Time will tell.
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 26, 2019 9:13 pm

TimeWillTell wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:54 pm Well regardless of the article I was Henderson as a buy right after draft. Hope he falls to my 2.02 but doubt it with Gurley owner at 1.10.

I can't see any reason they'd invest what they did for a backup if they either a) planned to use Gurley less to preserve him or b) plan to have a replacement when Gurley goes down. Either is not great for Gurley owners. I could argue A is worse (purely from fantasy) as then the points are being split but may not be worth starting both (like wouldn't be). Time will tell.
I think Henderson is a committee back. As long as you understand that, he's a good pick. He'll probably never be a workhorse, but he can catch and bang off chunk plays with good blocking. I only have Gurley in 1 cheap league, but I fully hope and expect Gurley's workload to decrease. Henderson would be a good bestball guy, and flex option in the future, I think. I think Gurley will definitely lose some touches, but will continue to be heavily involved, and get all the goal line work as usual. I think they would be best suited to run Gurley a little less and continue to use him in the passing game. Give Henderson 8 carries a game and a few passes too.

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain

Postby TimeWillTell » Sun May 26, 2019 9:38 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:13 pm
TimeWillTell wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:54 pm Well regardless of the article I was Henderson as a buy right after draft. Hope he falls to my 2.02 but doubt it with Gurley owner at 1.10.

I think Henderson is a committee back. As long as you understand that, he's a good pick. He'll probably never be a workhorse, but he can catch and bang off chunk plays with good blocking. I only have Gurley in 1 cheap league, but I fully hope and expect Gurley's workload to decrease. Henderson would be a good bestball guy, and flex option in the future, I think. I think Gurley will definitely lose some touches, but will continue to be heavily involved, and get all the goal line work as usual. I think they would be best suited to run Gurley a little less and continue to use him in the passing game. Give Henderson 8 carries a game and a few passes too.
Absolutely correct, I agree with everything you've said.
2020, 2021, 2022 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Brady, Stafford
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Jacobs
WR: Chase, Jefferson, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Olave, Dotson, Mike Evans
TE: Hock, Dulcich, Chig, Fant, Jonnu, Hurst, Everett
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
1.01, 1.03

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Sun May 26, 2019 9:47 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:05 pm
joeya2001 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:02 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:59 pm

What news? There is zero news about him. Literally nothing new is being reported. A guys opinion on the situation. That's it. One guy makes an opinion on the situation, which is not new, and it gets passed around and around. That's how they keep an idea that is not new seeming new when nothing is going on.
Glazer also was the first to report OBJ was being traded when everyone refuted that.
He's not reporting anything, though. He's giving an opinion on the subject. OBJ getting traded away doesn't mean that he is right about everything, either. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. He's not been consistently ahead on things that happen, he got that one right. Could have just been a guess, too. I have Gurley in 1 league, and got him cheap, but it drives me nuts with people act like something that is old is new. Nothing is new here. He's saying there is concern about Gurley's knee. Not new. This is literally just his opinion on the subject.

“Nope, it’s not overblown. I think the biggest test will be what happens early in the season. If he runs and it doesn’t blow up and the Rams are able to use him as a workhorse, then a lot of those concerns will go away,” Glazer wrote. “If not, they’re going to have to get a little creative. They would be wise to be prepared because the knee has gone through a lot from college to now, so they’ve got to brace for it swelling up again.”

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/todd ... bs-status/

Here is an article from March discussing the same thing. They are just rehashing the same ideas and stories over and over again during the down period of the NFL. This happens all the time.
that's the problem with the media today. one of them speculates on a subject then they all start running articles on that speculation like it's a fact. they're all idiots.

and a bit of information for glazer and his ilk, the rams don't want to use gurley as a workhorse. that's how all the problems started last season, his overuse after brown went down and his knee not being able to cope with it. henderson will be 1b to gurley's 1a, with some malcolm brown sprinkled in. they will manage gurley's touches to keep him fresh for the playoffs so the days of him being the #1rb are over. draft and trade accordingly.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun May 26, 2019 10:07 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:35 pm https://www.12up.com/posts/todd-gurley- ... dbtb151b0m

This so-called Darrell Henderson thread is too much about Gurley. The fact is Henderson landed in a great situation for immediate production.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun May 26, 2019 10:39 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:07 pm

This so-called Darrell Henderson thread is too much about Gurley. The fact is Henderson landed in a great situation for immediate production.
The OP literally titled his first post: Does Darrell Henderson scare Todd Gurley owners?

Then asked this question: As a Gurley owner in plenty of leagues I am curious what everyone thinks.

That was the original post in it's entirety.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sun May 26, 2019 10:53 pm

I'm not quite sure how great Henderson's situation is though. I see him garnering about 8 to 14 touches a game as a compliment to Gurley. He might have some value as a flex play but that's about it. Even if Gurley were to go down, Henderson would still be in a committee with Malcolm Brown.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sun May 26, 2019 11:51 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:39 pm

The OP literally titled his first post: Does Darrell Henderson scare Todd Gurley owners?

Then asked this question: As a Gurley owner in plenty of leagues I am curious what everyone thinks.

Yes it was, and I thought that was a disservice to Henderson. When he finally gets his own thread, it turns back to Gurley. He is not Gurley's shadow with no independent value. It's not unreasonable to consider him a committee back with RB1 potential if Gurley goes down.

At the very least, I'd expect a RB with his college production landing in this potent offense with only a one-knee Gurley blocking him to generate more positive discussion.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Mon May 27, 2019 12:23 am

I'm saying if CJ Anderson can give RB1 numbers Henderson sure can.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 27, 2019 12:28 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:51 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:39 pm

Yes it was, and I thought that was a disservice to Henderson. When he finally gets his own thread, it turns back to Gurley. He is not Gurley's shadow with no independent value. It's not unreasonable to consider him a committee back with RB1 potential if Gurley goes down.

At the very least, I'd expect a RB with his college production landing in this potent offense with only a one-knee Gurley blocking him to generate more positive discussion.
We don't even know the severity of Gurley's issues, though. You talk about disservice, but you are talking like an elite talent at RB in Gurley can't play football anymore with the "one knee Gurley" statement. He hasn't had his leg amputated. I'm just commenting on the lines of the thread the OP started, that's what is expected when a thread is started. We deviate sometimes, but are supposed to keep it within the context of the original thread posters questions and idea for the thread. It's going to be hard to have a thread about a rookie running back going to a situation in which the premier back over the last few years currently resides and discuss them and their situations independently. Henderson's production and future over the next 4 years are directly tied to the health of Todd Gurley.
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Mon May 27, 2019 12:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 27, 2019 12:33 am

joeya2001 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 12:23 am I'm saying if CJ Anderson can give RB1 numbers Henderson sure can.
Definitely possible, but doubtful over a full season unless Gurley goes down. CJA put up RB1 numbers in a 2 game span, not over a full season or any great length of time. He also did it against bottom tier teams who were out of any sort of contention in Arizona and SF. Henderson also does not really profile as a guy who is going to get 25 touches a game like CJA did in those games, so he would need to maximize his touches and have the Rams utilize his receiving ability to get those PPR points. If Gurley stays relatively healthy, Henderson may be capable of giving flex type nunmbers in year 1. It will be interesting to see how the Rams deploy him.

MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MontrealBen » Mon May 27, 2019 12:45 am

If you were smart enough to grab Henderson in the 2nd, isn't this the time to see if you can get a mid 2020 first and cash in? He's a guy with a good skill set, but one that projects to being a committee back, who needs everything to break a certain way in order for him to be the starter (Gurley hurt, no other backs signed, no injuries himself, no challenge from Brown who got resigned, living up to his own playing potential). Of course you *might* be wrong and he turns into the starter, but more likely than not you'll be getting a chance to draft a better talent next year.