More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Re: More 2020 Hype: "If You Need A RB or WR, this is the draft for you."

Postby PR0v3 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:48 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:21 pm
alewilliam789 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:43 pm I came here to say that Bryan Edwards is the best WR in this draft. Even if he goes in the 3rd/4th. Have a great day
His market share-related stats are really good, but this is a stretch. He is a very solid receiver though and someone to target in the middle rounds. His injury makes him a great value.
I would take his draft capital at face value, and not try to spin it as him slipping due to the foot injury. Marquise Brown demonstrated last year that a broken foot and missed combine isn’t going to stop a perceived top talent from slipping very far down boards.

If he’s a middle round guy, it’s probably because the NFL just thinks he’s a middle round guy.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:55 pm

PR0v3 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:48 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:21 pm
alewilliam789 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:43 pm I came here to say that Bryan Edwards is the best WR in this draft. Even if he goes in the 3rd/4th. Have a great day
His market share-related stats are really good, but this is a stretch. He is a very solid receiver though and someone to target in the middle rounds. His injury makes him a great value.
I would take his draft capital at face value, and not try to spin it as him slipping due to the foot injury. Marquise Brown demonstrated last year that a broken foot and missed combine isn’t going to stop a perceived top talent from slipping very far down boards.

If he’s a middle round guy, it’s probably because the NFL just thinks he’s a middle round guy.
That's true too, though I think he could've slipped into the 2nd round this year. Seems more likely he's now a 3rd/4th round WR.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:59 pm

Not saying this is the case for the specific poster, but I've noticed twitter, podcasters and boards like this are rampant with claims like this. Make a lofty hot take, and few will remember it a few years from now, or call you on it, but if your take hits, you can go back and point to how you were higher than anyone on the guy. It's a risk vs reward thing. There is less risk for hot takes than the reward, so they are common.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:04 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:59 pm Not saying this is the case for the specific poster, but I've noticed twitter, podcasters and boards like this are rampant with claims like this. Make a lofty hot take, and few will remember it a few years from now, or call you on it, but if your take hits, you can go back and point to how you were higher than anyone on the guy. It's a risk vs reward thing. There is less risk for hot takes than the reward, so they are common.
Well, it would certainly be interesting if Edwards did become the best WR for this class.

He's solid, but I don't really see the makeup of an amazing WR.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:09 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:19 pm
Hogwash. :lol:
Poppycock :lol:
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:33 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:09 pm
Balderdash :lol:

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:32 am

Ray Finkle wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:33 am
Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:09 pm

Balderdash :lol:
Yahtzee!
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:57 pm

The 8 WRs voted to the 2020 pro bowl had an average wonderlic score of 21.6.

Jeudy and Lamb scored a 21....combined. Jeudy scored a 9 and Lamb a 12. Tee Higgins scored an 11.

I know plenty don't care about the wonderlic, but I found that quite interesting on the top 2 guys.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:17 pm

jenkins.math wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:57 pm The 8 WRs voted to the 2020 pro bowl had an average wonderlic score of 21.6.

Jeudy and Lamb scored a 21....combined. Jeudy scored a 9 and Lamb a 12. Tee Higgins scored an 11.

I know plenty don't care about the wonderlic, but I found that quite interesting on the top 2 guys.
Doens't surprise me on Jeudy after that chain he wore at the combine. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, as they say.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:20 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:17 pm
jenkins.math wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:57 pm The 8 WRs voted to the 2020 pro bowl had an average wonderlic score of 21.6.

Doens't surprise me on Jeudy after that chain he wore at the combine. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, as they say.
Was prepared to instantly right off the wonderlic for the WR position... but the top names of the leaked wonderlic scores is pretty impressive:

Kevin Curtis 48
Eric Decker 43
Calvin Johnson 41
Cooper Kupp 37
Demaryius Thomas 34
Jared Abbrederis 32
Corey Davis 31
Jordan Matthews 29
Jordy Nelson 28
Mike Evans 25
Jeremy Maclin 25
Robert Woods 23
Santonio Holmes 23
Andre Johnson 23
---------------------------------------
And dead last:
Kelvin Benjamin 7

The were quite a few hits with low Wonderlic scores (AJ Green [10], Randy Moss [12]); but the bust rate looked considerably higher with lower scores (albeit, on a low sample sizes)

edit... there are quite a few players missing from the list I used, so take this with an island sized level of salt.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:30 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:17 pm

But he’s the GREATEST COLLEGIATE ROUTE RUNNER OF ALL TIME.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:52 am

Is nobody concerned with the terrible defense that is displayed in 80 percent of Lamb's best plays? It reminds me of that RB who's best plays are all running through 10 foot lanes. I'm hearing some podcasters saying he's in a tier of his own, and he could be THE WR1, or a top 5 NFL WR, and I'm not seeing it. I think he's good, but I think his hype is going over my head.

Zacsby
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Zacsby » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:31 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:52 am Is nobody concerned with the terrible defense that is displayed in 80 percent of Lamb's best plays? It reminds me of that RB who's best plays are all running through 10 foot lanes. I'm hearing some podcasters saying he's in a tier of his own, and he could be THE WR1, or a top 5 NFL WR, and I'm not seeing it. I think he's good, but I think his hype is going over my head.
I been feeling the same way the more I watch. His big YAC plays in particular are just littered with defenders taking the worst angles and terrible form tackling. He's creative with the ball and it worked for him but it definitely didn't feel like a result of great burst or lateral quickness. So I'm not sure what he did there in college translates easily to the next level. Not overly explosive or physical or an impressive route runner. He has the elite body control and spectacular catch ability and nice long speed but that's not enough to project him as a stud WR1 just yet. So I'm with you, think he's good but people are getting a bit ahead of themselves when it comes to Lamb.
12 Team SF IDP
QB - Mahomes, Lawrence, Mac
RB - Etienne, Walker, Rhamondre, Javonte, Akers, CEH
WR - AJB, Waddle, Higgins, Gabe, Toney
TE - Andrews, ISJ
DL - Quinnen, Highsmith, Josh Allen
LB - Lloyd, JOK, Gay, Bush
DB - Winfield, Love, Delpit

14 Team 1QB IDP
QB - Fields, Jimmy G
RB - Henry, Kamara, Swift, Herbert
WR - Adams, Juju, Jakobi, Theilen
TE - Hock, Everett
DL - Garrett, Buckner, Sweat
LB - White, David, Okereke, Jack
DB - Budda, CJGJ, Dugger, Byard

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Packerland » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:05 am

Zacsby wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:31 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:52 am Is nobody concerned with the terrible defense that is displayed in 80 percent of Lamb's best plays? It reminds me of that RB who's best plays are all running through 10 foot lanes. I'm hearing some podcasters saying he's in a tier of his own, and he could be THE WR1, or a top 5 NFL WR, and I'm not seeing it. I think he's good, but I think his hype is going over my head.
I been feeling the same way the more I watch. His big YAC plays in particular are just littered with defenders taking the worst angles and terrible form tackling. He's creative with the ball and it worked for him but it definitely didn't feel like a result of great burst or lateral quickness. So I'm not sure what he did there in college translates easily to the next level. Not overly explosive or physical or an impressive route runner. He has the elite body control and spectacular catch ability and nice long speed but that's not enough to project him as a stud WR1 just yet. So I'm with you, think he's good but people are getting a bit ahead of themselves when it comes to Lamb.
Haha, I agree with you both. If you watch the Texas game it's really pathetic how bad their tackling on Lamb was. I worry as well that he didn't face any really solid CB's in the Big12 and that Lincoln Riley was consistently scheming him open and he barely faced man coverage as others have said.
10 Team .5 PPR 1 QB League

QB: Goff, Brady, Herbert, Tannehill
RB: CEH, JT, Akers, Dobbins, Mixon
WR: Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Lamb, Chark, Claypool, Pittman, Diontae, Anderson
TE: Andrews, Goedert

Picks:
2021: 4 1sts, 1 2nd
2022: 1 1st, 2 2nds

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Packerland » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:06 am

Zacsby wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:31 am
Haha, I agree with you both. If you watch the Texas game it's really pathetic how bad their tackling on Lamb was. I worry as well that he didn't face any really solid CB's in the Big12 and that Lincoln Riley was consistently scheming him open and he barely faced man coverage as others have said.
10 Team .5 PPR 1 QB League

QB: Goff, Brady, Herbert, Tannehill
RB: CEH, JT, Akers, Dobbins, Mixon
WR: Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Lamb, Chark, Claypool, Pittman, Diontae, Anderson
TE: Andrews, Goedert

Picks:
2021: 4 1sts, 1 2nd
2022: 1 1st, 2 2nds