Highest floor

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Flgatorguy87
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:03 pm

Highest floor

Postby Flgatorguy87 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:50 am

Gun to your head, you have the pick of anyone in this class at any position. Who has the highest floor of any player in this class, no matter what situation they are drafted into.

My pick is AJ Brown due to how well he does so many different things, production history, and build.
SF PPR 30 man roster 2 taxi 5 IR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, TE, 2FLEX , Superflex

A. Rodgers, A. Luck, D. Lock, J. Rosen, W. Grier

O. Beckham, M. Evans, S. Diggs, D.J. Moore, C. Sutton, T. Boyd, M. Valdes-Scantling, D. Moncrief, T. Quinn, D. Hamilton, A. Wilson, D. Cain, J. Watson, D. Robinson, Preston Williams

S. Barkley, Da. Cook, D. Freeman, Da. Williams, J. White, R. Armstead, Darwin Thompson, Duke Johnson, M. Breida, C. Warren III, Dex Williams, A. Barnes, Tony Pollard, Bruce Anderson

G. Kittle, A. Shaheen

2020 - 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

User avatar
JFever
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6374
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: Highest floor

Postby JFever » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:11 am

I'm with you on AJ Brown. Safe pick in my opinion. Lets wait and see where he is drafted. I find myself wanting to add him in as many leagues as I can.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

User avatar
Jason3123
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2939
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:15 pm

Re: Highest floor

Postby Jason3123 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:24 am

DK Metcalf’s floor is apparently Julio Jones so obviously him.

I agree with AJ Brown. It’s hard to imagine him not being a solid NFL contributor. Multi sport star, highly recruited, he’s been good his whole life.

Miles Sanders also strikes me as a high floor player. He was also highly recruited, waited his turn and put up strong production, so all signs point to me he should be able to stick in the NFL for some time as a role player at minimum.

ninotoreS
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4800
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:56 pm

Re: Highest floor

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:46 pm

If it's floor relative to the position played, my guess is it'll be one of the TEs, Hockenson or Fant. And if we include IDP, it's very likely gonna be one of the pass-rushers.

I can't decide on this class's highest floor in the WR group until I see how the NFL draft shakes out. It's a better group than I thought it'd be at this time last year, but I don't think it has a super primo 'sure thing' prospect in it that can be a star no matter what team he goes to.

I don't see any of the RBs having a safe and still attractive floor. An RB really has to be a stud on the order of Barkley to have that locked in primo floor regardless of landing spot.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Flgatorguy87
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 235
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:03 pm

Re: Highest floor

Postby Flgatorguy87 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:15 pm

I have 1.02 and assuming Murray is gone in my SF league I think I am taking Brown due to this question I asked. I will try like hell to trade down, but I won't do it for free and I have doubts anyone will love this class enough to come up. I am leaning towards playing it safe.
SF PPR 30 man roster 2 taxi 5 IR
QB, 3WR, 2RB, TE, 2FLEX , Superflex

A. Rodgers, A. Luck, D. Lock, J. Rosen, W. Grier

O. Beckham, M. Evans, S. Diggs, D.J. Moore, C. Sutton, T. Boyd, M. Valdes-Scantling, D. Moncrief, T. Quinn, D. Hamilton, A. Wilson, D. Cain, J. Watson, D. Robinson, Preston Williams

S. Barkley, Da. Cook, D. Freeman, Da. Williams, J. White, R. Armstead, Darwin Thompson, Duke Johnson, M. Breida, C. Warren III, Dex Williams, A. Barnes, Tony Pollard, Bruce Anderson

G. Kittle, A. Shaheen

2020 - 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3135
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:55 am

Re: Highest floor

Postby whodunnit » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:23 pm

I'm actually going to go with Kelvin Harmon. I think he's just more refined at the things that are harder to teach.
Carr Darnold Manning Haskins Bortles
Kamara Mack Breida Gio Gore AP Richard Ware Booker Gaskin Barnes Hill D. Thompson Ozigbo
AB KA Cooks M.Williams Moore Ross Isabella R.Ridley Renfrow Morgan Wims
Hurst Gesicki Everett Heuerman Uzoma Williams Waller Oliver
Harris Heyward Ingram JPP Tuitt Williams Winovich
Chubb Mack Miller Schobert Dupree Kerrigan Judon J.Brown
J.Jones Awuzie Lattimore Hargreaves Ramsey Ward E.Jackson

DLF Early Bird Special
Brady Manning Fitz Smith Hill
Zeke Gordon Hyde Booker Rawls Mattison
AB Cooks Fitz Chark J. Brown Cantrell Johnson KB Boykin Morgan
Engram Uzomah Anderson Knox

azthecrow
Captain
Captain
Posts: 780
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:05 am

Re: Highest floor

Postby azthecrow » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:38 pm

I think A.J. Brown is safest floor, yes

OhCruelestRanter
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1131
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Re: Highest floor

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:09 pm

whodunnit wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:23 pm
I'm actually going to go with Kelvin Harmon. I think he's just more refined at the things that are harder to teach.
I'll pile on with AJ Brown, but N'Keal Harry deserves some love here. If you look at all of the common red flags for WRs, AJ Brown doesn't have any, with the caveat that draft position is the biggest determinant and we don't know that yet.
Athleticism? Thats a red flag for Harmon.
Production? I would've liked to have seen a better college dominator from Marquise Brown and Deebo Samuel.
Breakout age? Why didn't Hakeem Butler, Kelvin Harmon or Marquise Brown do much before their 21st birthday?
Injuries? DK Metcalf and Marquise Brown clearly scare people.

Harry hits all those boxes as well, but right now doesn't seem like he'll carry the same draft capital as Brown. We'll see in just over a week!
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3135
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:55 am

Re: Highest floor

Postby whodunnit » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:19 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:09 pm
whodunnit wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:23 pm
I'm actually going to go with Kelvin Harmon. I think he's just more refined at the things that are harder to teach.
I'll pile on with AJ Brown, but N'Keal Harry deserves some love here. If you look at all of the common red flags for WRs, AJ Brown doesn't have any, with the caveat that draft position is the biggest determinant and we don't know that yet.
Athleticism? Thats a red flag for Harmon.
Production? I would've liked to have seen a better college dominator from Marquise Brown and Deebo Samuel.
Breakout age? Why didn't Hakeem Butler, Kelvin Harmon or Marquise Brown do much before their 21st birthday?
Injuries? DK Metcalf and Marquise Brown clearly scare people.

Harry hits all those boxes as well, but right now doesn't seem like he'll carry the same draft capital as Brown. We'll see in just over a week!
I personally don't think athleticism was a red flag for Harmon. Speed, yes. but not overall athleticism.
Carr Darnold Manning Haskins Bortles
Kamara Mack Breida Gio Gore AP Richard Ware Booker Gaskin Barnes Hill D. Thompson Ozigbo
AB KA Cooks M.Williams Moore Ross Isabella R.Ridley Renfrow Morgan Wims
Hurst Gesicki Everett Heuerman Uzoma Williams Waller Oliver
Harris Heyward Ingram JPP Tuitt Williams Winovich
Chubb Mack Miller Schobert Dupree Kerrigan Judon J.Brown
J.Jones Awuzie Lattimore Hargreaves Ramsey Ward E.Jackson

DLF Early Bird Special
Brady Manning Fitz Smith Hill
Zeke Gordon Hyde Booker Rawls Mattison
AB Cooks Fitz Chark J. Brown Cantrell Johnson KB Boykin Morgan
Engram Uzomah Anderson Knox

OhCruelestRanter
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1131
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Re: Highest floor

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:33 pm

whodunnit wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:19 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:09 pm
whodunnit wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:23 pm
I'm actually going to go with Kelvin Harmon. I think he's just more refined at the things that are harder to teach.
I'll pile on with AJ Brown, but N'Keal Harry deserves some love here. If you look at all of the common red flags for WRs, AJ Brown doesn't have any, with the caveat that draft position is the biggest determinant and we don't know that yet.
Athleticism? Thats a red flag for Harmon.
Production? I would've liked to have seen a better college dominator from Marquise Brown and Deebo Samuel.
Breakout age? Why didn't Hakeem Butler, Kelvin Harmon or Marquise Brown do much before their 21st birthday?
Injuries? DK Metcalf and Marquise Brown clearly scare people.

Harry hits all those boxes as well, but right now doesn't seem like he'll carry the same draft capital as Brown. We'll see in just over a week!
I personally don't think athleticism was a red flag for Harmon. Speed, yes. but not overall athleticism.
In what way are you measuring athleticism that you think Harmon's speed is a red flag but his athleticism isn't? It's not just his speed- his jumps were bad and his agility drills were a mix of mediocre and bad.

I think we have a tendency to assume less athletic and more polished players are "safe", but there's really no evidence that this is true.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3135
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:55 am

Re: Highest floor

Postby whodunnit » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:49 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:33 pm
whodunnit wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:19 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:09 pm

I'll pile on with AJ Brown, but N'Keal Harry deserves some love here. If you look at all of the common red flags for WRs, AJ Brown doesn't have any, with the caveat that draft position is the biggest determinant and we don't know that yet.
Athleticism? Thats a red flag for Harmon.
Production? I would've liked to have seen a better college dominator from Marquise Brown and Deebo Samuel.
Breakout age? Why didn't Hakeem Butler, Kelvin Harmon or Marquise Brown do much before their 21st birthday?
Injuries? DK Metcalf and Marquise Brown clearly scare people.

Harry hits all those boxes as well, but right now doesn't seem like he'll carry the same draft capital as Brown. We'll see in just over a week!
I personally don't think athleticism was a red flag for Harmon. Speed, yes. but not overall athleticism.
In what way are you measuring athleticism that you think Harmon's speed is a red flag but his athleticism isn't? It's not just his speed- his jumps were bad and his agility drills were a mix of mediocre and bad.

I think we have a tendency to assume less athletic and more polished players are "safe", but there's really no evidence that this is true.
I'm just going off his tape, not his combine. Where on tape he actually looked more well rounded than Harry. Just my opinion.
Carr Darnold Manning Haskins Bortles
Kamara Mack Breida Gio Gore AP Richard Ware Booker Gaskin Barnes Hill D. Thompson Ozigbo
AB KA Cooks M.Williams Moore Ross Isabella R.Ridley Renfrow Morgan Wims
Hurst Gesicki Everett Heuerman Uzoma Williams Waller Oliver
Harris Heyward Ingram JPP Tuitt Williams Winovich
Chubb Mack Miller Schobert Dupree Kerrigan Judon J.Brown
J.Jones Awuzie Lattimore Hargreaves Ramsey Ward E.Jackson

DLF Early Bird Special
Brady Manning Fitz Smith Hill
Zeke Gordon Hyde Booker Rawls Mattison
AB Cooks Fitz Chark J. Brown Cantrell Johnson KB Boykin Morgan
Engram Uzomah Anderson Knox

User avatar
IBall2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1452
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:28 pm

Re: Highest floor

Postby IBall2 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:25 am

Highest floor is Kyler Murray pretty easily in my book. Whichever NFL team takes him at 1.01 will use him for his entire 5 year rookie contract based on how much they are spending on him. You can't say the same about any other player in this draft class.

OhCruelestRanter
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1131
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Re: Highest floor

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:05 am

IBall2 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:25 am
Highest floor is Kyler Murray pretty easily in my book. Whichever NFL team takes him at 1.01 will use him for his entire 5 year rookie contract based on how much they are spending on him. You can't say the same about any other player in this draft class.
I agree with you in Superflex, but league context matters. In 1 QB leagues, where starting QBs occasionally make it to the waiver wire, I’d say his RG3 floor is lower.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Cameron Giles
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8210
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Highest floor

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:05 am

No order:

AJ Brown
Marquise Brown
TJ Hock
Josh Jacobs
Noah Fant

jaykay22
Starter
Starter
Posts: 587
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:42 pm

Re: Highest floor

Postby jaykay22 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:06 am

My picks for highest floor are AJ Brown and TJ Hockenson.
#FreeCoreyDavis


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dark_knite03 and 3 guests