Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:24 am

Re: Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

Postby Life of Pablo » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:46 am

Certainly the best value in my draft at least, when I took him at #12. I'm thankful my leaguemates were scared off by the size/Lamar concerns.
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2020: 8-4, 2nd (AP: 84-24 / 77.7%, 1st)
2019: 11-2, 1st (AP: 80-37 / 68.4%, 2nd) ||| Runner-Up

QB: Russ, Taysom, Wentz, Hurts
RB: Chubb, JRob, Swift, Gurley, DJ, Bell, Ahmed
WR: Nuk, Diggs, Keenan, Evans, Hollywood, Mooney, Preston, Van
TE: Kelce, Fant
2021 Picks: 1st, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 5th, 5th

User avatar
thebeast
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5361
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

Postby thebeast » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:26 am

I got him at 1.16 last year!
2017 Champion - DLF Hall of Fame League - 16 Team | 1 PPR | 1QB-2WR/2RB/1TE/2FL
2019 Reg. Season Champ & Runner Up - DLF Premium League - 16 Team | 1 PPR | 1QB-2WR/2RB/1TE/2FL

zeeshan2
Starter
Starter
Posts: 693
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:14 pm

Re: Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

Postby zeeshan2 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:07 pm

Ravens WR Marquise Brown expressed frustration on Twitter about his usage in the team's offense.

In a since-deleted Twitter post, Brown said "what's the point of having souljas when you never use them."
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/stat ... elers-loss

User avatar
Pac_Eddy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3729
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:11 pm

zeeshan2 wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:07 pm
Ravens WR Marquise Brown expressed frustration on Twitter about his usage in the team's offense.

In a since-deleted Twitter post, Brown said "what's the point of having souljas when you never use them."
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/stat ... elers-loss
Uh oh. Civil unrest.

He's got a point about not being used. But that offense is designed to be run-heavy.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

CGW
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1885
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

Postby CGW » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:15 pm

He's definitely got a point, but it's the reality of his offense. Unfortunately, a big reciever like snead that can block is going to be more useful for them than a smaller WR like Brown.

He could be unbelievable in the right offense, but I doubt Baltimore goes that direction any time soon.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Cousins, Darnold, Trubisky, Flacco, Walker
RB | CEH, Taylor, Gaskin, Singletary, Wilkins, Ahmed
WR | Adams, Evans, Golladay, Cooper, D. Johnson, Miller, G. Davis, Mooney, Pascal
TE | Andrews, Alie-Cox, Rodgers

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Minshew, Tagovailoa
RB | Montgomery, Singletary, Murray, R. Jones, Dobbins, Swift, Vaughn
WR | Godwin, AJ Brown, Lamb, M. Brown, D. Johnson, Slayton, Aiyuk, Reynolds, Fulgham, Peoples-Jones, Mooney
TE | Andrews, Henry, Herndon, Sample

12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Watson, Wilson, Darnold, Trubisky, Fromme, Smith, Flacco
RB | Guice, Hines, Penny, Henderson, Wilkins
WR | Evans, Golladay, Ridley, Kupp, D. Johnson, Pittman, Fulgham, Mooney, Ward, T. Smith, Zaccheus
TE | Ertz, Herndon, Sternberger, L. Thomas

User avatar
mild
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1400
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:23 pm
Location: the Underworld

Re: Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

Postby mild » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:35 pm

CGW wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:15 pm
He's definitely got a point, but it's the reality of his offense. Unfortunately, a big reciever like snead that can block is going to be more useful for them than a smaller WR like Brown.

He could be unbelievable in the right offense, but I doubt Baltimore goes that direction any time soon.
It could -be- this offense though - if they fulfilled the destiny of making him Tyreek-lite, and put him in motion pre-snap more. They're not doing nearly as much of that right now with him...

A few more jet sweeps and WR screens would surely do the trick for manufacturing him touches. They don't all have to be downfield shots, especially with Lamar's deep ball being off this year.

CGW
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1885
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

Postby CGW » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:55 pm

mild wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:35 pm
CGW wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:15 pm
He's definitely got a point, but it's the reality of his offense. Unfortunately, a big reciever like snead that can block is going to be more useful for them than a smaller WR like Brown.

He could be unbelievable in the right offense, but I doubt Baltimore goes that direction any time soon.
It could -be- this offense though - if they fulfilled the destiny of making him Tyreek-lite, and put him in motion pre-snap more. They're not doing nearly as much of that right now with him...

A few more jet sweeps and WR screens would surely do the trick for manufacturing him touches. They don't all have to be downfield shots, especially with Lamar's deep ball being off this year.
It could be, but hasn't been. They just aren't manufacturing touches for him at any consistent rate. I hope they do add him in more frequently...i'm a believer that he has the ability to be a stud.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Cousins, Darnold, Trubisky, Flacco, Walker
RB | CEH, Taylor, Gaskin, Singletary, Wilkins, Ahmed
WR | Adams, Evans, Golladay, Cooper, D. Johnson, Miller, G. Davis, Mooney, Pascal
TE | Andrews, Alie-Cox, Rodgers

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Minshew, Tagovailoa
RB | Montgomery, Singletary, Murray, R. Jones, Dobbins, Swift, Vaughn
WR | Godwin, AJ Brown, Lamb, M. Brown, D. Johnson, Slayton, Aiyuk, Reynolds, Fulgham, Peoples-Jones, Mooney
TE | Andrews, Henry, Herndon, Sample

12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Watson, Wilson, Darnold, Trubisky, Fromme, Smith, Flacco
RB | Guice, Hines, Penny, Henderson, Wilkins
WR | Evans, Golladay, Ridley, Kupp, D. Johnson, Pittman, Fulgham, Mooney, Ward, T. Smith, Zaccheus
TE | Ertz, Herndon, Sternberger, L. Thomas

User avatar
Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1761
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: Marquise Brown is the best value in the draft

Postby Blueboy » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:49 pm

CGW wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:55 pm
mild wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:35 pm
CGW wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:15 pm
He's definitely got a point, but it's the reality of his offense. Unfortunately, a big reciever like snead that can block is going to be more useful for them than a smaller WR like Brown.

He could be unbelievable in the right offense, but I doubt Baltimore goes that direction any time soon.
It could -be- this offense though - if they fulfilled the destiny of making him Tyreek-lite, and put him in motion pre-snap more. They're not doing nearly as much of that right now with him...

A few more jet sweeps and WR screens would surely do the trick for manufacturing him touches. They don't all have to be downfield shots, especially with Lamar's deep ball being off this year.
It could be, but hasn't been. They just aren't manufacturing touches for him at any consistent rate. I hope they do add him in more frequently...i'm a believer that he has the ability to be a stud.
I think it's still a matter of waiting at this point. Baltimore has a tough task overcoming those O-line deficiencies.

12-team SF, PPR, IDP
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Wilson, Brees, Minshew, Winston, Rosen
RB: J. Taylor, CEH, Ingram, Dillon, Penny, Henderson
WR: Metcalf, Woods, AJG, Kirk, Hardman, Isabella, Campbell, Hamler, JJAW
TE: Andrews, Njoku, Asiasi, Moreau, Trautman

DL: J. Bosa, JJ Watt, J. Allen, Ferrell, Epinesa, Houston
LB: T. Edmunds, Kendricks, Mosley, T. Lewis, A. Williamson
DB: J. Adams, K. Neal, Amos, McDougald, Thornhill


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests