Chris Godwin Heat Check

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Re: Chris Godwin Heat Check

Postby Shankopotamus » Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:00 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:42 am I'm trying to figure out how to play Godwin. He's produced multiple 1k years, but that was with heavy pass volume in a Brady offense. Now, he's 27, coming off an injury marred year, and projected to downgrade in QB and offense.

I want to buy him for his talent and history of production, but the situation throws up ten thousand red flags. Add in the age limiting the window when he can get into a better situation, and the specter the injuries are recurring, and I see more reasons to back away.

Anyone firmly one way or the other on him?
He’s dead in the water with Midget Mayfield, but the talent is there to be the Wr1 for Caleb in 24.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:30 pm

Shankopotamus wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:00 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:42 am I'm trying to figure out how to play Godwin. He's produced multiple 1k years, but that was with heavy pass volume in a Brady offense. Now, he's 27, coming off an injury marred year, and projected to downgrade in QB and offense.

I want to buy him for his talent and history of production, but the situation throws up ten thousand red flags. Add in the age limiting the window when he can get into a better situation, and the specter the injuries are recurring, and I see more reasons to back away.

Anyone firmly one way or the other on him?
He’s dead in the water with Midget Mayfield, but the talent is there to be the Wr1 for Caleb in 24.
Sounds like it might be a good idea to wait til he has some bad weeks in season with Baker, then make an offer.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:39 pm

IMO, Mayfield's biggest weakness is his pocket awareness (primarily due to his lack of height). Godwin was Brady's safety valve when the Buc o-line couldn't protect him. So I see Godwin keeping a similar value. A lot of catches, but not a lot of yards or TDs.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:38 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:39 pm IMO, Mayfield's biggest weakness is his pocket awareness (primarily due to his lack of height). Godwin was Brady's safety valve when the Buc o-line couldn't protect him. So I see Godwin keeping a similar value. A lot of catches, but not a lot of yards or TDs.
From that angle, Tampa's oline is regarded as one of the worst. Even with the draft still to come, could see the line being a persistent weakness all season.

Might speak more to Evans' value/production than Godwin's, though.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:40 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:38 pm
Forza_Azzurri wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:39 pm IMO, Mayfield's biggest weakness is his pocket awareness (primarily due to his lack of height). Godwin was Brady's safety valve when the Buc o-line couldn't protect him. So I see Godwin keeping a similar value. A lot of catches, but not a lot of yards or TDs.
From that angle, Tampa's oline is regarded as one of the worst. Even with the draft still to come, could see the line being a persistent weakness all season.

Might speak more to Evans' value/production than Godwin's, though.
Yup