Moss not expected back in Tennessee

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Moss not expected back in Tennessee

Postby BeRanDone » Fri May 06, 2011 12:36 pm

Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt confirmed Friday that free agent Randy Moss won't be back with Tennessee.

"Honestly, I don't think we'll try to re-sign him," said Reinfeldt. We never thought it was a realistic possibility anyhow. Moss either didn't care one lick about playing for the Titans, or he simply had nothing left in the tank down the stretch of last season. He caught six passes in seven games with Tennessee, playing just 19.8 percent of the snaps in the last four. Rotoworld

How does this affect Moss' value? Will he land in a better place than Tennessee?

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Moss not expected back in Tennessee

Postby jordanzs » Fri May 06, 2011 12:39 pm

I own Moss on 1 team, and to me, he's a definite hold. I can see him going somewhere and doing what TO did for the Bengals did last year. Jets? Rams? Bears?

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Fri May 06, 2011 12:41 pm

jordanzs wrote:I own Moss on 1 team, and to me, he's a definite hold. I can see him going somewhere and doing what TO did for the Bengals did last year. Jets? Rams? Bears?
I don't even think Sam Bradford knows all of his WR's names right now. :lol:

Biggcmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Biggcmo » Fri May 06, 2011 1:09 pm

i just hope Moss goes somewhere and gives his full effort, I think he can still contribute. Hopefully he still has a few "U jus got MOSSED" moments left in em! Lol
2010 Gridiron Dynasty Football Classic 3 Champ!!

Twitter: @Bossmancmo

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Fri May 06, 2011 1:11 pm

I have him as my #5 WR and hope he lands somewhere halfway decent...ST Louis Rams??? Carolina??? I would just like to recoup some value...
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

knuckles50
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby knuckles50 » Fri May 06, 2011 2:40 pm

I own him as a lottery ticket and hope he lands in INDY. That would get people's attention.
Team 1
12 team, 1/2 ppr 1 qb, 2 rbs, 3 wr, 1 flex, 1 te
QBs-Brees,Luck,Bridgewater
RBs- LeVeon,Ingram,R. Freeman,Thompson,Riddick,Conner,Walton,J. Jackson,Dixon
WRs- Evans,A Rob,Parker,Hurns,Sutton,Pettis,Moncrief,Treadwell,Sanu,Tavon,Dorsett,Carroo
TEs- Gronk,Kittle,Butt

Team 2
12 team 1 qb, 2rbs,v 3wrs, 1te
Qbs- Brees,Cam,Cousins,Jackson
Rbs- Gurley,Zeke,Kamara,McCaffery,Hunt,Shady
Wrs-A. Brown,Evans,C. Davis,Watkins,Goodwin,Woods,Washington,Treadwell,Jordy
Te- Gronk,Kittle,ASJ

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sat May 07, 2011 4:54 am

Leaving TN can only help him. But for my two cents - he's done. I wouldn't mind having him as my WR5 and view it as a complete lottery ticket. I feel similarly about S.Smith (CAR). And I'd take Smith over Moss every day.

bucsrule
Captain
Captain

Postby bucsrule » Sat May 07, 2011 5:05 am

i own moss as well. was really disappointed how he went in the tank last year, but i guess that's his MO (see oakland).

like others, my hope is that if he has hope for success, he'll return to form.

in the great Moss vs TO debate, i guess i have to give the edge to TO. he at least shows up every game.

MilwaukeesBest
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby MilwaukeesBest » Sat May 07, 2011 8:13 am

On FFC he is the #46 WR being drafted. I find that absurd. I agree that he is a lottery ticket and/or a hold, but I find some of the WR going before him absurd. He may be done, but he was written off after his stint in OAK where he was just tanking. I'm not suggesting a return to elite form, but I would still be intrigued in him as a WR 4/5, boom or bust type veteran.
Team 1: 10 Team, 4 Keeper League, Non-PPR
QB: Deshaun Watson
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette, Kareem Hunt
WR: Julio Jones, Dez Bryant
TE: Rob Gronkowski

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sat May 07, 2011 9:13 am

MilwaukeesBest wrote:On FFC he is the #46 WR being drafted. I find that absurd. I agree that he is a lottery ticket and/or a hold, but I find some of the WR going before him absurd. He may be done, but he was written off after his stint in OAK where he was just tanking. I'm not suggesting a return to elite form, but I would still be intrigued in him as a WR 4/5, boom or bust type veteran.
But isn't the #46 WR a WR4/5 in a 12-team league?

Nazgul
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Nazgul » Mon May 09, 2011 11:33 am

I just cut him solely because his contract on my team was up and I didn't want to waste my once per season long term contract on a 34 year old WR. But I may try to get him in our UFA auction if I can snag him on the cheap. If he goes to the right place to be motivated he could still contribute. Maybe something like 60 rec, 800 yards, and 8 TDs is reasonable with more possible. He's totally a lottery ticket player though because he may not even come close to that in the wrong situation.. and we won't know for sure if it's right or wrong until the season is under way...
10 Team PPR/IDP/Return Yds & TDs
1-QB, 1-RB, 1-RB/WR, 2-WR, 1-WR/TE, 1-TE, 1-PK, 2-DL, 3-LB, 3-DB
QB - Sanchez, Kolb, Tebow, Dalton
RB - Moreno, D. Will, Hillis, R. Bush, Hardesty, Leshoure, Vereen, D. Murray, J. Rodgers, McKnight
WR - Marshall, Harvin, M. Williams (TB), Britt, Ocho, B. Edwards, J. Ford, T. Smith, Meachem, D. Alexander
TE - Davis, J. Graham,
DL - J. Allen, J. Jones, Ayers
LB - Posluszny, Lofton, Lenon, Harris, Hali, Phillips
DB - Chung, Weddle, Rhodes, Ward,