Jimmy G value?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Irbir
Starter
Starter

Jimmy G value?

Postby Irbir » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:05 pm

I’m curious how much Jimmy G’s value will spike if Antonio Brown gets traded there. In a start 1 qb league how much in picks is he worth now? How much if AB ends up there?

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Re: Jimmy G value?

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:23 pm

Eh. A 2nd.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Irbir
Starter
Starter

Postby Irbir » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:56 am

Only one opinion?

osubuckeyeman
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby osubuckeyeman » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:18 am

I think his value is in the eye of the beholder. I drafted Jimmy G. in a fourth-round rookie/vet draft in a one QB league 3 years ago when he was backing up Brady with Cousins as my starting QB and I'm sure that owners in my league had given me the side eye for doing that. I believed in his talent then and I still do today. I also believed he would be Brady's successor. My point is how you feel about Jimmy G? I think he has the quickest release I have ever seen and love the potential in San Franciso's offense that said it's still only potential at this point.

The market is saturated in 1QB leagues so value wise you would be lucky to get a 2nd in my opinion. I think a 3rd is realistic. I'm not trading him for that because I still want him on my team but I think if you were looking to sell him because you have better options you can find a buyer willing to pay a 3rd and if you are selling then most likely you took him for less than that so that was a good transaction for you. If you are buying paying a 3rd is worth it because he could be a franchise QB however, you are going to have to wait a season or two for that value to come back to you honestly how many of your 3rd round rookie picks pan out? If you are trying to get another vet player for him then a WR3 or maybe a young TE with upside? Much tougher call on the player to player value.

DynastyDabbler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDabbler » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:28 am

I was Looking to aquire a QB a couple weeks ago. Bought Jimmy G and Mayfield for the 1.09 + Gallup.
10 team half-ppr 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLX 3IDP
QB: J. Burrow, J. Goff
RB: J. Mixon, K. Walker, T. Etienne, A. Ekeler, Z. Charbonet, K. Miller, T. Bigsby, J. Warren,
WR: J. Chase, D.J. Moore, D.K. Metcalf, D. Smith, J. Smith-Njigba, P. Nacua, J. Meyers, T. Palmer,
TE: T. Kelce, T. McBride, C. Okonkwo

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:23 am

Unless your QB is top 5 at the position , pretty much nobody covets the rest in a 1 QB league.

However it's obvious Jimmy value increases with AB in town.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:31 am

Irbir wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:56 am Only one opinion?
A- Need a better thread title. I thought this could be for Jimmy Graham, not Jimmy Garapolo, or however you spell it.
B- I figured it was for the SF QB, and a quick search would reveal threads we've had on him. Creating a new thread that repeats other recent threads is irksome.
C- If the thread title made it clear it was about Brown's possible impact on Jimmy G's value, you might get more views and posts.
D- As has been said, a non elite QB in a 12 team start 1 league won't draw huge demand, especially with the injury and performance questions Garapolo has.
E- I don't believe in Garapolo as an elite talent, but pair him with Shanahan and Brown and there'd be reasons to be excited. Even in a 12/1 league, I could see myself willing to deal a high 2nd for a package featuring Garapolo. If the deal were enlarged, where the value of the secondary pieces to Garafolo were enhanced, I could see dealing a late 1st. All of that is clearly teams and league dependent.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:32 am

Jimmy G is nothing more than a potential QB2. So, whatever that is worth to you.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:01 pm

I'm mulling Jimmy as a buy-low this offseason. Shanahan QBs prosper more often than not, and SF generally has great week-to-week weather for a pass-heavy offense.

Mind you that in a 1-QB league, a QB "buy-low candidate" should probably be cheaper than a talent-comparable RB/WR buy-low candidate.
DynastyDabbler wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:28 am I was Looking to aquire a QB a couple weeks ago. Bought Jimmy G and Mayfield for the 1.09 + Gallup.
Boy I like this trade, even in a 1-QB league. Helps that I'm not particularly excited about the '19 class.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE