Dynasty Essentials Guide Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dlf_kenm
Administrator

Dynasty Essentials Guide Discussion Thread

Postby dlf_kenm » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:32 pm

In anticipation of the upcoming release of the Dynasty Essentials Guide ( http://dynastyleaguefootball.com/2011/degsoon ) we thought we'd create a thread to discuss the Guide. If you have any questions, suggestions, complaints, or accolades about the guide, or just want to discuss what you read in the guide, then this is the place to do so.

Remember, we're no shrinking violets around here. We love a good debate, so please use this forum as a soapbox to freely discuss what you are reading in the guide.

We will also be posting updates about the guide here as well, so keep an eye out for any new action here.

One last thing. When we first created the site, oh so many years ago, we offered the coveted Charter Member designation to the first 100 folks who signed up in the forum. Being a Charter Member means more than just getting a swell little banner beneath your forum avatar. Charter Membership, as we promised back then, provides you access to all of the digital content we ever offer, for free. So while the site will always remain subscription free to everyone, any other services & content we provide at an additional cost is available to Charter members at no cost. It was, and will always be, our way of saying 'Thanks' for helping us get off the ground way back when.

So, if you are a Charter member and would like a free copy of the Dynasty Essentials Guide, please shoot me a PM and once it is available I'll be in touch to get you your copy.

Thanks again everyone for your patronage of DLF over the years!

Ken

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Re: Dynasty Essentials Guide Discussion Thread

Postby dlf_kenm » Sat May 07, 2011 9:43 pm

The first ever Dynasty Essentials Guide is now available.

Please feel free to use this thread to share your thoughts and discuss the guide. Thanks, and we hope you all enjoy it!
The whole DLF team.

tdorbust
Role Player
Role Player

Postby tdorbust » Sat May 07, 2011 9:53 pm

Sweet just bought it! Gotta say on first look over it pretty nice. Its got nice little blurbs on the players within the the rankings plus the team by team break-downs. The one thing I would have liked though it a little more depth on the IDP like that of the offensive players. I know not everyone plays IDP but it would add alot to the guide.

For 6 bucks though it really can't be beat and if its updated somewhat in the run-up to start of the season it would be a real winner. Also, maybe a quick coach ranking would be nice too, doesn't have to be much just little blurb like the IDP is right now.
Go Pack Go!

Biggcmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Biggcmo » Sat May 07, 2011 11:57 pm

Purchased the guide and gave it a quick glance. EXCELLENT job guys!!! Tons of info and i can tell that ALLOT of work and thought was put into developing this guide. Ive never purchased any kind of fantasyFootball mag or guide b4 and im happy that DLF will be my 1st. i look forward to going through it thoroughly. Well done :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap:
2010 Gridiron Dynasty Football Classic 3 Champ!!

Twitter: @Bossmancmo

Salty Dawg
Starter
Starter

Postby Salty Dawg » Sun May 08, 2011 9:06 am

IM having trouble wiht the conversion evidently. Defaults to MS word which is fine I presume but looking at previews I cant see anything but a bunch of mumbo jumbo text. I tried to simply save as a doc as well as attempted to simply hit "open" and got the same result.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun May 08, 2011 9:18 am

Salty Dawg wrote:IM having trouble wiht the conversion evidently. Defaults to MS word which is fine I presume but looking at previews I cant see anything but a bunch of mumbo jumbo text. I tried to simply save as a doc as well as attempted to simply hit "open" and got the same result.
It should be a .pdf file. You might want to save it, then "open with" and select acrobat reader and see if it works.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

ekassor
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ekassor » Sun May 08, 2011 9:34 am

Excellent job guys, I'm really enjoying the guide!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Scorp
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Scorp » Sun May 08, 2011 9:41 am

skip wrote:
Salty Dawg wrote:IM having trouble wiht the conversion evidently. Defaults to MS word which is fine I presume but looking at previews I cant see anything but a bunch of mumbo jumbo text. I tried to simply save as a doc as well as attempted to simply hit "open" and got the same result.
It should be a .pdf file. You might want to save it, then "open with" and select acrobat reader and see if it works.
I didn't even have the reader to open pdf files. This link is where I downloaded the Adobe Reader in order to view the Guide. http://www.adobe.com/products/reader.html

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Sun May 08, 2011 10:08 am

Vintage wrote:
skip wrote:
I didn't even have the reader to open pdf files. This link is where I downloaded the Adobe Reader in order to view the Guide. http://www.adobe.com/products/reader.html

This is correct, it sounds like it may be trying to use a different program to open the pdf file. Download Acrobat, install it and let me knw if you are still encountering any issues. Thanks!

FFAdvisor
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby FFAdvisor » Sun May 08, 2011 12:54 pm

First time at your forums and site, really enjoyed the content. Went ahead and downloaded the guide and spent 45 minutes perusing it and I've got to tell you I'm very impressed.

All the stuff you need to think through is there, arranged in a logical format, with solid insights across the board and rationale for why you slotted players where.

Look forward to following along with your content all season long!

FFAdvisor (Dave)

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Sun May 08, 2011 7:05 pm

Just got it...great job to all involved! Love the mock draft ...Funniest thing stood out to me - Patriots Defense ranked #1!!! I kind of like it...it stood out since I was surprised that I caught it as I was skimming through it :thumbup:
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

dlf_kenk
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenk » Sun May 08, 2011 7:20 pm

Yeah, that's the beauty of fantasy football. New England is nearly the best defensive team in the league, but they run a scheme and have the personnel to score well long term.

??Droppedballs??
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby ??Droppedballs?? » Sun May 08, 2011 8:22 pm

thanks for all the work, guys, just skimed throught it right now but this should keep me busy for a while, next edition i would love to see a little deeper idp players info, but think this looks great, love the break down of every team, this was something have haven't ever really thought about and i don't remember what one of who have the 1.5 rule but thought that is a great rule :thumbup:

thanks for nthe time u guys put in, looks like a yearly buy for me

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Postby dlf_ericd » Mon May 09, 2011 6:33 am

I haven't had a chance to read through the whole thing (Dang Mother's Day) but from what I've seen so far, I love! Everything is really clean & not a whole lotta stuff I don't care about or need. Enjoy the breakdown team-by-team with rising and falling players. Helps put situations in perspective.

Thanks so much for all the hard work put in on this...can't wait to see where this goes in the future. I'm going to have to upgrade my computer for when the 1425 page, 3D version is released in 2020. :)
On twitter? Hit me up @DLFootball

Steelersfan
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Steelersfan » Mon May 09, 2011 8:08 am

Very impressive fellas, now I need to invest in a lap top so I can view the guide in my personal "library" since that's where I usually keep my ff mags... :lol:

Seriouly though, great job, my favorite section is the mock draft! :D