Dynasty Essentials Guide Discussion Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
haydn239
Captain
Captain

Re: Dynasty Essentials Guide Discussion Thread

Postby haydn239 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:59 pm

MR ROURKE wrote:First let me say that I enjoy this site. I've been playing FF for a long time and have been on countless other FF sites and forums. This forum has become my favorite to go to. The Essentials guide is well laid and and well presented.

My suggestions go to the rankings themselves. I love the contending and rebuilding rankings. That is great and I've only seen this on very few other sites. The rankings appear to be a value guide, but not taylored to PPR or non-PPR. Being a dynasty FF based site, I would expect you to make rankings taylored to the two main scoring systems in FF. I find it strange that you don't offer seperate PPR and non-PPR rankings. If you really want blow people away... PPR contender/rebuilding and non-PPR contender/rebuilding, but lets not get crazy.

I have a similar suggestion for IDP rankings. In a perfect world, there would be IDP rankings for scoring systems that are tackle only or tackle + low big play scoring. Plus a seperate ranking for leagues that give 6+ points for sacks and interceptions. There can be a pretty decent difference in some players value depending on how big plays are considered in IDP rankings.
I'd like to see the LB rankings go to at least 60 since Lb's are the most owned defensive player.
I come to this site to talk FF with knowledgable people. However, I'd estimate is that most people who stumble across FF sites are in search of FF rankings. I would think that impressing those searching for FF rankings is one the best ways to gain more committed followers and steal other sites committed followers. My guess is that rankings bring people to a FF site, liking the rankings gets them reading the site, and the forum/articles keeps them coming back.
I like the suggestions "guest editor maybe :thumbup: " Maybe for the 3.0 expanded LB rankings!!!
Twitter @haydn239

Team Canada
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Team Canada » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:28 pm

Wow Suggs is a 8 year vet and is still only 24 years old :shock: I wish I could be in the NFL at the age of 16...
Don't bet against Nightmarion...he made me look like a fool :)

10 team $250 cap, 0.5 ppr- QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, flex
QB- Brady ($18/2yrs),Ponder ($5/1yr)
RB- CJ ($25/3yrs), AP($25/2yrs), Spiller ($15/2yrs), Martin ($10/4yrs), L.James($2/4yrs)
WR- Dem Thomas ($41/1yr), Nicks ($20/3yrs), Fitzgerald ($20/2yrs), Tampa Mike ($18/2yrs), Jeffery ($6/3yrs), V.Brown($5/1yr)
TE- Graham ($15/2yrs), Brandon Myers ($1/1yr), Dennis Pitta ($1/1yr)
Picks- 1.1, 1.2, 1.4, 1.5, 1.9, 2.9

12 team ppr, QB, RB, WR, TE, 4 flexes
QB- Arod, Fitz, Gabbert
RB- Lynch, Spiller, Ridley, Hunter, Gerhart, Goodson, Benson
WR- Fitz, White, Britt, Maclin, Vjax, Little, Jean, Jenkins, Shipley, Easley, Edelman, Gettis, A.Holmes, Lockette, Morgan, R.Wallace
TE- V.Davis, Stocker, J.Thomas, DJ Williams

Sawyer5500
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Sawyer5500 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:38 am

please for the love of god let us highlight in the next edition.

stingray_76
Role Player
Role Player

Postby stingray_76 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:32 am

when can we expect a "version 3.0"
would be nice to see it with all the "Free Agent Frenzy" taken into account.
and not to put any pressure, but i'm sure there are a lot o drafts coming up soon that would need a newer version... :thumbup:

fenixtc
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby fenixtc » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:17 am

May have been already mentioned elsewhere but, No Shaun Hill or Drew Stanton in your QB rankings? Trent Edwards is the #3 guy in jax but the number 2 behind Stafford isn't. I get he won't be a teams #1 ever but he has more value than most of the guys in your ranking after #50.
Social Assassins Fx3 Dynasty Challenge 2011 Champion

12 team .5 ppr RB, 1ppr TE/WR, pass tds 5pts, 20 ret yds= 1pt

Qb: Vick, Fitzpatrick, Grossman, J.Johnson
Rb: Rice, Sproles, FJax, Tolbert, B.Powell, Addai, Reese, D.Lewis
WR: Dez, Antonio Brown, B. Lloyd, Garcon, D. Moore, Kyle Williams, A. Hawkins
Te: Hernandez, Pettigrew, Celek, Scheffler, E. Moore

KU Sucks
Captain
Captain

Postby KU Sucks » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:45 am

Need the link for the update! I've used the guide for 2 dynasty start-ups this summer and thanks for putting out a great tool. Now it is time for my re-drafts! :clap:

Bill

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:28 pm

I am also in need of the link...Thanks

k24dubcas@yahoo.com
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

esloan35
All Pro
All Pro

Postby esloan35 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:40 pm

Great Guide!!! The best I have.... I need the link again please I sent an email to the administrator. Purchased the first issue and looking forward to the upgrade.

Thank you,

Eric

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:48 am

I lost the link in one of my 'deleting' moods...I sent a PM and posted on the 'Site Announcements' forum...is this the correct place to request the link? If so, I appreciate if you could resend it

Thanks
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

Madtoker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madtoker » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:10 pm

Sorry but I too need the link, thanks.

wkstyle
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby wkstyle » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:24 pm

Not all that important but in the TE rankings Marcedes Lewis looks a whole lot like our favorite Ravens LB. All in all, great guide. Thank you
Dynasty League info: 12 Teams, .5 PPR, 6pt tds, return yds - Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, RB/WR, TE, K, D

QB: R. Fitzpatrick, J. Flacco, B. Gabbert
RB: MJD, F. Jones, D. Williams, T. Hightower, R. Helu, R. Williams, P. Tanner, Vereen
WR: C. Johnson, D. Bryant, R. Wayne, J. Jones (Atl), T. Smith (Bal), J. Baldwin, J. Cribbs, J. Simpson, P. Parker
TE: K. Winslow, J. Cook
D: Buf

tdorbust
Role Player
Role Player

Postby tdorbust » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:03 am

I had asked for an email change a while back but it never seemed to get changed and no response from earlier in the week. I need the link and would be nice to get the email changed in the system.

seth@sethschroeder.com

that's my new email address just send me a PM if you dont have my old one in your PM inbox thanks
Go Pack Go!

Madtoker
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madtoker » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:45 am

Can you please send me the link so that I may update. Thanks
bmarules@yahoo.com

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:05 am

I suppose you guys probably know this, but there is no cheatsheet for the IDP's :problem:
Rookie IDP got a tiny bit of love on the rookie essential cheatsheet, but I didn't see any for IDP.

Should be easy enough to add, since you have rankings :thumbup:
Would just be nice to have a essential cheatsheets with all of them listed in a form that's easy to print out like the offense.

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Postby dlf_ericd » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:06 pm

Another reminder: If you're wanting to download the latest version of the DEG use the original link you received when you purchased it. If you can't find the link, then PM one of the 'dlf' guys on here - dlf_jeffh dlf_kenm or dlf_kenk and they'll be able to help you.
On twitter? Hit me up @DLFootball