Brady vs Brees

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
dlf_ericd
Administrator

Brady vs Brees

Postby dlf_ericd » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:38 pm

Tom Brady vs Drew Brees

This isn't a trade question. I just wanted to see what everyone thought of their value relative to each other...

So, who is more talented, better situation, longer career, whose style do you like better, better leader, better decision maker, more weapons, injury concerns, etc...what are your thoughts on these two and why do you feel like that?

*Disclaimer - I know I can just look at the rankings in this forum to see who someone has ranked higher. I'm looking for the 'why' behind what you think.
On twitter? Hit me up @DLFootball

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Brady vs Brees

Postby seahawks506 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:54 pm

This one definitely goes to Brees. Besides being years younger, I feel like he has more weapons and it's a plus that he doesn't have to face defenses like the Jets twice. There's other reasons that I can't remember, but overall I would much rather have Brees than Brady.
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Postby dlf_ericd » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:56 pm

seahawks506 wrote:This one definitely goes to Brees. Besides being years younger, I feel like he has more weapons and it's a plus that he doesn't have to face defenses like the Jets twice. There's other reasons that I can't remember, but overall I would much rather have Brees than Brady.
Just fyi, Brees is only about 19 months younger than Brady.
On twitter? Hit me up @DLFootball

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:15 am

airlex wrote:
seahawks506 wrote:This one definitely goes to Brees. Besides being years younger, I feel like he has more weapons and it's a plus that he doesn't have to face defenses like the Jets twice. There's other reasons that I can't remember, but overall I would much rather have Brees than Brady.
Just fyi, Brees is only about 19 months younger than Brady.
This is what surprises some people. They think of Brees being "middle aged" or possibly even young still, while Brady is "old". I'd take Brees over Brady right now, basically because I expect to get two years more out of him when both will have similar production for the next handful of years. But, they aren't that far apart in my rankings.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:02 am

Brees due to weapons around him, but they are pretty close.

melish1631
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby melish1631 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:13 am

airlex wrote:Tom Brady vs Drew Brees

This isn't a trade question. I just wanted to see what everyone thought of their value relative to each other...

So, who is more talented, better situation, longer career, whose style do you like better, better leader, better decision maker, more weapons, injury concerns, etc...what are your thoughts on these two and why do you feel like that?

*Disclaimer - I know I can just look at the rankings in this forum to see who someone has ranked higher. I'm looking for the 'why' behind what you think.
Brees is younger and my opinion is that Brady might not play that much longer! I mean he has accomplished a ton with 3 rings and records etc...just my gut feeling he won't play more than 3 years! I see Brees slightly outproducing Brady and having at least 5-6 years left!
DLF IDP Invitational (Commish)
IDP Smallville
IDP Big Play

dabearsfan
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dabearsfan » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:35 am

Brees over Brady for sure. I'd venture to say that Brees has outscored Brady by a decent margin in most leagues over the past three years (he has in mine anyway). Both are obviosuly great QBs but I would give the edge to Brees. I don't have the stats in front of me but I would venture to say that New Orleans has one of the highest pass/run ratios in the league. Plus Brees plays indoors which is an advantage for sure.

Biggcmo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Biggcmo » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:02 pm

I prefer Brees..I like the weapons around him better. Even though Brady is good in cold weather, I like the fact that Brees has a dome he can come home to and not be playing in the snow in december
2010 Gridiron Dynasty Football Classic 3 Champ!!

Twitter: @Bossmancmo

11stever11
Role Player
Role Player

Postby 11stever11 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:09 pm

I prefer Brees as well, he has the better offernsive weapens around him and he plays in a dome which does not hurt. They are though
"Everybody with a helmet on is in the mix."
Mike Tomlin