Dynasty WR Help

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
alexpic
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Dynasty WR Help

Postby alexpic » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:48 pm

Hey guys,

So these are the WR's I can keep for the future:

Sidney Rice
Emmanuel Sanders
Deon Butler
Louis Murphy
Nate Burleson
Early Doucet
Brandon Gibson
Earl Bennett

Which ones of these guys are worth keeping? It's a 16 team, 40-player roster (IDP), and we start 3 WR's each week.

thanks, Alex

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Re: Dynasty WR Help

Postby dlf_ericd » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:58 pm

alexpic wrote:Hey guys,

So these are the WR's I can keep for the future:

Sidney Rice
Emmanuel Sanders
Deon Butler
Louis Murphy
Nate Burleson
Early Doucet
Brandon Gibson
Earl Bennett

Which ones of these guys are worth keeping? It's a 16 team, 40-player roster (IDP), and we start 3 WR's each week.

thanks, Alex
That's a tough question without seeing your roster and knowing if you need to drop anyone. Can you post it for us with any other info we need to know? salary, contract, draft picks, etc.
On twitter? Hit me up @DLFootball

alexpic
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby alexpic » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:16 pm

QB- Kyle Orton, David Garrard, Chad Henne
RB- Felix Jones, Tashard Choice, Ryan Torain, Javon Ringer
WR- Nate Burleson, Sidney Rice, Earl Bennett, Emmanuel Sanders, Early Doucet, Deon Butler, Louis Murphy, Brandon Gibson
TE- Visanthe Shiancoe
DT- Colin Cole, Aubrayo Franklin
DE- Mathias Kiwanuka, Stylez White, Greg Hardy
LB- James Farrior, Gary Brackett, Gerald McRath, Justin Durant, Jamar Chaney
CB- Brandon Carr, Terrance Newman, Chris Cook, Kyle Wilson, Quentin Jammer
S- Roman Harper, Dawan Landry, Taylor Mays

We have a 40 man roster, with 5 additional spots on a taxi squad (Henne, Cook, Mays, Wilson, Hardy)

The salary cap is currently at $135, and I will be at about $100 after the 2011 rookie draft, so I have $35 to spend in free agency. This is the 5th year of the league, and most of the best players' contracts expire this year, so this free agency should be huge. Rookies are signed to 5 year contracts extendable to 7, and normal free agents are signed to 3 year contracts extendable to 5, and waiver wire pickups are the same, but 1 year extendable to 3.

After they are extended, the only way to keep a player past his contract is the franchise tag, which each team has one of per year, and it costs a 40% increase in salary for the next year, or the average salary of the top 5 players at said position.

This is going to be our 6th year, and we made our final expansion this offseason, to 16 teams...2 conferences, 4 divisions, 4 teams in each. We do 7 rounds of a NFL rookie draft, and the prices of contracts are set...starting at $8 and going down to $.50 for the last picks.

I am targeting Larry Fitzgerald, EJ Henderson, Jared Allen in free agency, and I also am about to trade for MJD. I have two first round picks 10th and 11th overall in the rookie draft.

Thoughts?

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Postby dlf_ericd » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:26 pm

alexpic wrote:QB- Kyle Orton, David Garrard, Chad Henne
RB- Felix Jones, Tashard Choice, Ryan Torain, Javon Ringer
WR- Nate Burleson, Sidney Rice, Earl Bennett, Emmanuel Sanders, Early Doucet, Deon Butler, Louis Murphy, Brandon Gibson
TE- Visanthe Shiancoe
DT- Colin Cole, Aubrayo Franklin
DE- Mathias Kiwanuka, Stylez White, Greg Hardy
LB- James Farrior, Gary Brackett, Gerald McRath, Justin Durant, Jamar Chaney
CB- Brandon Carr, Terrance Newman, Chris Cook, Kyle Wilson, Quentin Jammer
S- Roman Harper, Dawan Landry, Taylor Mays

We have a 40 man roster, with 5 additional spots on a taxi squad (Henne, Cook, Mays, Wilson, Hardy)

The salary cap is currently at $135, and I will be at about $100 after the 2011 rookie draft, so I have $35 to spend in free agency. This is the 5th year of the league, and most of the best players' contracts expire this year, so this free agency should be huge. Rookies are signed to 5 year contracts extendable to 7, and normal free agents are signed to 3 year contracts extendable to 5, and waiver wire pickups are the same, but 1 year extendable to 3.

After they are extended, the only way to keep a player past his contract is the franchise tag, which each team has one of per year, and it costs a 40% increase in salary for the next year, or the average salary of the top 5 players at said position.

This is going to be our 6th year, and we made our final expansion this offseason, to 16 teams...2 conferences, 4 divisions, 4 teams in each. We do 7 rounds of a NFL rookie draft, and the prices of contracts are set...starting at $8 and going down to $.50 for the last picks.

I am targeting Larry Fitzgerald, EJ Henderson, Jared Allen in free agency, and I also am about to trade for MJD. I have two first round picks 10th and 11th overall in the rookie draft.

Thoughts?
I'm definitely not an IDP guy, so speaking solely on offensive players: I don't see a good reason to keep Burleson, unless his contract/salary is a really good situation for you. Also, I think you could cut Gibson, seeing that Clayton should be back, Denario Alexander's breakout, and Amendola are definitely ahead on the depth chart, with several other young WR's to compete for snaps. I would hang on to the rest of your receiving corp unless you have a bad contract.

You obviously already know this, but I would try to add another RB that you could acquire somewhat cheaply even if you do get MJD...maybe Scott, Grant, Starks, M Bush, that may be in better situations next year than they are currently. I also don't love your QB's, but you could do worse. I would hold Orton and hope he ends up somewhere else.

alexpic
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby alexpic » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:34 pm

This is actually a good time for me to ask you a question about a RB then.

Two free agent RB's...Frank Gore and Steven Jackson. Who do you go for?

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Postby dlf_ericd » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:19 pm

alexpic wrote:This is actually a good time for me to ask you a question about a RB then.

Me? If I'm picking between those two, I'd pick Gore by a pretty sizable margin. A lot less hits taken, great all-around game, and younger.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:00 am

Ranking the WRs:

Sidney Rice
--- NOTE: there is a ridiculously huge gap right here and if I left proper space you'd be scrolling for the next week to get to #2 on the list ---
Emmanuel Sanders
Brandon Gibson
Early Doucet
Deon Butler
Nate Burleson
Earl Bennett
Louis Murphy
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Postby dlf_ericd » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:16 am

skip wrote:Ranking the WRs:

Sidney Rice
--- NOTE: there is a ridiculously huge gap right here and if I left proper space you'd be scrolling for the next week to get to #2 on the list ---
Emmanuel Sanders
Brandon Gibson
Early Doucet
Deon Butler
Nate Burleson
Earl Bennett
Louis Murphy
Haha, love it! And agree totally. All the other WR's listed are in a separate category of player.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:50 pm

airlex wrote:
alexpic wrote:This is actually a good time for me to ask you a question about a RB then.

Me? If I'm picking between those two, I'd pick Gore by a pretty sizable margin. A lot less hits taken, great all-around game, and younger.
Gore will be 28 in May
SJax will be 28 in July

Based on the new coaches in bot systems, I'd expect SJax to have a big 2011.

dlf_ericd
Administrator

Postby dlf_ericd » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:57 pm

skip wrote:
airlex wrote:

Gore will be 28 in May
SJax will be 28 in July

Oops...my bad. I thought they were a year apart, but I think it was because Jackson entered the league a year earlier. Thanks for the correction.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:08 am

airlex wrote:
skip wrote:
airlex wrote: Me? If I'm picking between those two, I'd pick Gore by a pretty sizable margin. A lot less hits taken, great all-around game, and younger.
Gore will be 28 in May
SJax will be 28 in July

Oops...my bad. I thought they were a year apart, but I think it was because Jackson entered the league a year earlier. Thanks for the correction.
np ;-)

And I actually like both situations this coming season with the offensive changes happening on both clubs. I could see both of them playing at least 2 more seasons at a top level.

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:28 pm

skip wrote:Ranking the WRs:

Sidney Rice
Emmanuel Sanders
Really? I understand it's an exaggeration but for me it's a LOT closer. Right now the QB situation in Minnesota is so unclear that there very well could be a mediocre QB throwing to him next year... just look at Crabtree, such a good talent but without a consistent passing game, was horrible. Sanders meanwhile could very well find himself as the no.2 next year, and with Roethlisberger throwing to him could put up some good numbers.
As for my ranking the players:

Sidney Rice
Emmanuel Sanders
Earl Bennett- seems like no.2 WR behind Knox right now, Cutler and Bennett played at Vandy together
Louis Murphy- Should be starting next year
Early Doucet- if Breaston leaves, will be the no.2 wait and see if they get a QB
Deon Butler
Brandon Gibson- good season but WR position is saturated with avg. players like Gibson
Nate Burleson- getting old, even if Stafford throws a lot may not look his way much (ie. Kevin Walter)
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re:

Postby skip » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:56 pm

seahawks506 wrote: Really? I understand it's an exaggeration but for me it's a LOT closer
Rice is a top 10 talent. At best one or two of these others might find themselves in the top 30...might. It's a very big gap.

MR ROURKE
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby MR ROURKE » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:07 am

There is a huge gap in your WR talent. I count S.Rice as hopefully a WR#1 in a 16 teamer (I don't have him top 10, but can see why someone would) and a bunch of project guys.

Sidney Rice

Emmanuel Sanders
Louis Murphy
Earl Bennett/Early Doucet/Deon Butler

I would definitly drop:
Brandon Gibson
Nate Burleson

Jimi Hendrix
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jimi Hendrix » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:17 pm

Gore :thumbup:
DLF Charter- Carolina Crosstown Traffic
DLF Charter II- Carolina Cozmik Vibes
DLF IDP Invitational--Stone Free
DLF IDP Invitational II--Lazy Lightnin (15 Champions)
DLF United -- Carolina Experience (17 Champs)
Lead Dog--Bad Company
FAAFFL--Purple Haze (99,08 Champions)
RnRFFL--Crosstown Traffic (2000, 02, 04, 10, 17, 18,19 Champions)
Gridiron Elite Dynasty League--Appalachian Mountaineers